This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summoner Equip

Hey, I just recently obtained the 6 main avatars (Shiva Ifrit Ramuh Titan Leviathan Garuda) and decided to level SMN to do Promyvions, mainly due to the fact that all my Promy parties have sucked due to lack of SMNs. However, I really have no idea what equips Summoners are supposed to wear at lower levels. I gathered that Ginger cookies are good as far as food goes, but for actual equip I'm clueless. Should I go for +MP? +MND? +INT? Any advice would be appreciated. Theres no SMNs in my LS so I really don't have anyone to ask.

P.S.- I looked around, but I couldn't find any topics on this. Sorry if this has been covered already.
    RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
    Bastok Rank 10 Completed
    Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
    Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
    Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Re: Summoner Equip

Mainly u will need to stick to MND and MP+ most of the sears set at lvl 29 is usefull

Comment

Well yes I gathered the Seer's gear for level 29 (I have it because my WHM and BLM are bout in the early 30s), but I was more refering to lvls 10-29. sorry for not being specific. So +MND to help with /WHM spells, any other suggestions?
      RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
      Bastok Rank 10 Completed
      Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
      Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
      Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

For leveling and also for CoP missions, I highly, highly, highly recommend the Pilgrim's Wand. It's a level 10 rare/ex wand which does hMP+2 and is obtained from a lottery pop bird NM in uh.. one of the Sarutabarutas (sorry I get east/west confused). If you have ANY job in the promy level, you will have ZERO difficulty fighting it, and it never seems to be camped.

Other than that, MP and hMP are the bread-and-butter of summoners until you can get to a high enough level to get -blood pact timer stuff. Generally, if it gives you MP, it's golden ^^
        召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
        San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Forget all about +MND and +INT.

You can never have too much MP and hMP as a SMN.
          All Nations: Rank 10
          Rise of the Zilart: Complete
          Chains of Promathia: Complete
          75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Basically Seers set will do all the job
            Get the lvl 29 Earrings (Black Earrings i think)
            Some of the RSE Items is good especially if it gets you some extra Mp
            I had a Legionaires Staff on me for some xtra Mp

Try to Max out your MP especially for Promys it dosent matter since u dunt have to care bout downtime at all.

Dont wear extra Mnd or Int items coz it wont be feelable; the Seers bonus will be more than enough.

Later Smns have an extraordinary MP pool so that its ok if not all items give you some MP
            FEAR THE POWER OF A SUMMONER

- everytime a SMN has to mainheal a Galka rapes a Moogle -

Comment

Here is the info your really looking for, none of this "get Seer's stuff, its good." posts.

Low level smns are extremely easy and fairly cheap to outfit. As was mentioned, the Pilgrim's Wand is a god-sent, from Lvl 10-51. Hands down, nothing better, and nothing else really, with the exception of the Himmel Stock at 40.

As for "main gear", its really quite simple. Anything that you can wear as a smn, will work. The more +MP you can get, the better, so look for those items first. Some might get pricey, but overall, its quite cheap. You wont be melee'ing all that much, so weapons are of no concern, and stats are all but useless, so you dont have to worry about them too much, either.

As for "Special Gear", there really isnt a lot untill Lvl 50 Austre. Baron's Slops (Lvl 20, "trader's +1" HMP+1) is definatly something to seek out and get asap. Heck, i use them on my 73RDM all the time, and it may seem miniscule, but every hmp+1 helps in the long run. I use Dark Staff, Seer's Tunic, and Baron's Slops 9/10 times when i rest, (being 61, myself).
              Alauna >> : yea.. what do TC majors do, anyways?
              >> Alauna : we are capable of doing lots of things, but aren't really experts in anything :-p
              Alauna >> : oh, so your a RDM?
              >> Alauna : yeah...

Comment

Working...
              X