This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to operate SMN in end-game

Hey. So for like Sky or HNM what is the right bloodpact to use and in general what do you do during a HNM fight like Fafnir or something similar to that? Tips appreciated. ^^

Re: How to operate SMN in end-game

too weak - even match, garuda (higher damage, less accuracy)
    tough - incredibly tough, leviathan (higher accuracy, consistent damage)
    pots, skeletons, titan (blunt damage bonus of 1.5x and 1.25x)
    there's some exceptions but this is usually correct for 95% of fights

if you have AF2 body or hat, you might choose that avatar instead to save -3 mp
    if you are soloing, usually fenrir is best
    63/63 maps obtained

Comment

Huh.. Most of the SMNs I know, myself included, use only buncle for solo since he's free.
      召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
      San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Depends on what I am fighing, if its TW and really low EP, i'll use Carby. If i am farming Ep->DC, like demons in Castle Zvhal, I'll use the purple puppy, just cause he hits them harder, can take the hits better, and Eclipse Bite does about 900-1200 easy on them.

In sky and HNMs, I usually went with Leviathan, for the Acc and consistant damage, as previously stated. In dynamis, I go with Garuda, again as stated, for the higher damage. PLDs really like it when she pulls hate for the start of a Hundred Fists, taking a few before dying :p.
        Last edited by Gobo; 09-28-2005, 11:02 AM.
        sigpic
        Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Me I use rat in level up PT's since he can aoe heal and MB on light renkei. also if you have a tank that holds hate well you'll only need to osccasionally summon others.

In all SMn PT's I use either leviathan( Spinning DIve bypasses defense), Ifrit on bones since Flaming crush does fire+physical and he seems to hit them easily.) Titan on bones and mos t others , titan seems to have higher base def than the rest and takes hits well.

I use fenrir to boost attackers and tank, soemtimes ill use him solo when fighting tigers in uleguarande range. Carby can solo buffalo fairly well. They hit slow.

I dun like HNM so cant comment on that part.
          It's Official Promathia Hates me....
          それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
          Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
          A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

you call carby a rat o.O?
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
              you call carby a rat o.O?
              un, orz...
              It's Official Promathia Hates me....
              それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
              Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
              A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

I have a few notes, all of them can fall into that 5% that grunion mentioned.

Ramuh on soloing pots DC to (low) T. He has the damage bonus on pots too, and his stun is surprisingly helpful.
                Ifrit on guppies just for pure damage... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ck/guppies.jpg (picture is from sea, don't click on it if you don't want to see what sea looks like)
                Garuda seems to work well on darters. Predator claws is slashing, I think darters (and other flying things) are weak to slashing.

And just like Gobo said... Fenrir is wonderful for farming. I farm EPs usually. It's especially nice when you figure out how to do it with no downtime at all and still eclipse bite every fight. :D
                Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by tazirai
                  Carby can solo buffalo fairly well. They hit slow.
                  I want to lvl so fast so I can be able to farm those on my own ; ;
                  They were still fun when I was in a trio whm pt but god we'd run out of mp so much >.<
                  "If love be rough with you, be rough with love."

FFXI Name: Mercutio | Server: Midgardsormr | LS:Valor | RNK10 | Jobs: 75WHM-75SMN-75DRG-75BST-64RNG

Comment

On Skeletons and Sewer Syrup, Ifrit is usually better choice, Ifrit's attack is both fire elemental(It does say this in the description, seems to be the only elemental 70 BP) and blunt physical... which skeletons are very weak to both, and Syrup has an crazy weakness to fire.

Comment

sewer syrup has something like +100% magic damage taken. i've fought him a few times and you definitely want to use the IV tier magic spells from your avatar. it doesn't seem to matter which one, just use whatever avatar you feel like using.
                      63/63 maps obtained

Comment

Originally posted by Jinjo
                        On Skeletons and Sewer Syrup, Ifrit is usually better choice, Ifrit's attack is both fire elemental(It does say this in the description, seems to be the only elemental 70 BP) and blunt physical... which skeletons are very weak to both, and Syrup has an crazy weakness to fire.
                        Liches are fun to fight at level 70+ as SMN. I've hit them for over 3k damage with that. :D

I personally used carbuncle on sewer syrup. Then again... I soloed it. :x (I definately don't recommend that either... just having one other person with you, especially a RDM, BLM, or SMN, will make your life a lot easier on that.)
                        Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                          Ifrit on guppies just for pure damage... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ck/guppies.jpg (picture is from sea, don't click on it if you don't want to see what sea looks like)

off topic:
                          waah, i've only gotten 4k on those. (though seeing 1080 Heavy shot->1890 SATA Shark Bite-> 3720 Light made all of us wet ourselves with laughter)
                          sigpic
                          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Working...
                          X