This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What keeps u guys going?

hmm lol Kinda stole this from a diffrent thread.. but i wanted peoples input.

What keeps u guys going with smner?

Why do u enjoy it so much over other classes?

I mean i love it because there is nothing like it.. well there is.. but i guess u know what i mean. (hopefully)

Just wondering i guess =D

Re: What keeps u guys going?

Its really hard to Put into Words How much I love this Job over all else.
    Sure its the big bad Avatars, but its more to it.
    I feel like im really makign a difference in the game-world, in regards to other players and the Job and History of Summoning in Final fantasy, And there is History to it. believe me.

Do a search for tazirai and read my posts, they more than adequately explain my love for Summoner.
    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Tazirai i think i love u =D

U rock.. lol yea.. its kinda hard to putinto words... idk i just love being diffrent then most of the jobs.. altho people kinda look down on me.. i never had more fun with any job.

Comment

The lure of summoner, I think, is to be that much closer to the Gods. None of the other jobs on the game can make the claim that they call upon a fraction of the power of the very primal forces that make up the world of Vanadiel. It's the kind of thing that makes you pause and go "Wow, I wish I could do that." I can't even begin to count the number of times people have just randomly come up to me and said "I want to be a summoner some day!" or told me how great I am, without ever having known me, spoken to me, or played with me, but based solely on the fact that I am a summoner.

There's a kind of forbidden lure in being able to weild such awesome power, even if it's only a small fraction of the diety's actual total power. I remember the first few times I saw any real avatars besides Carbuncle, and how much I wanted to be able to do it also. Sure, any job at a high enough level can one-shot a lower level mob, but it's just so much more fantastic to see an avatar do it with some kind of special ability.

In practice, though, it's often difficult and frustrating being a summoner and I think that may account for why there are so few of us around compared to other job classes. But for me, the rewards are worth it. My first love was actually redmage, but after having played summoner for such a long time, I tried going back and I just couldn't find my groove again. I found myself wishing my mp would heal faster, wishing I had my auto-refresh back, wishing I had carbuncle to keep me company. I think the reason we stay is because for us, the rewards are worth the difficulties and hardships.

Comment

The fact that I get to invoke the awesome wrath of a deity...even for a few seconds. I love summoning spells and FFXI did not disappoint. While the constant MP drain is an annoyance...I just love the job.
          All spells obtained!
          Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Originally posted by RandomKG3
            The lure of summoner, I think, is to be that much closer to the Gods. None of the other jobs on the game can make the claim that they call upon a fraction of the power of the very primal forces that make up the world of Vanadiel. It's the kind of thing that makes you pause and go "Wow, I wish I could do that." I can't even begin to count the number of times people have just randomly come up to me and said "I want to be a summoner some day!" or told me how great I am, without ever having known me, spoken to me, or played with me, but based solely on the fact that I am a summoner.

There's a kind of forbidden lure in being able to weild such awesome power, even if it's only a small fraction of the diety's actual total power. I remember the first few times I saw any real avatars besides Carbuncle, and how much I wanted to be able to do it also. Sure, any job at a high enough level can one-shot a lower level mob, but it's just so much more fantastic to see an avatar do it with some kind of special ability.

In practice, though, it's often difficult and frustrating being a summoner and I think that may account for why there are so few of us around compared to other job classes. But for me, the rewards are worth it. My first love was actually redmage, but after having played summoner for such a long time, I tried going back and I just couldn't find my groove again. I found myself wishing my mp would heal faster, wishing I had my auto-refresh back, wishing I had carbuncle to keep me company. I think the reason we stay is because for us, the rewards are worth the difficulties and hardships.
            Same as Random, theres that lure there,always calls me back. Indeed My first love was Red Magesince FF1. But when Summoning was introduced to Final Fantasy.. what can I say. I remember fighting Ifrit and Diabolos in Final fantasy 8. It reminded me of when I fought them here also. I hope one day to be able to summon Diabolos, but until then....

hehe.. its weird how a videogame and mythical creatures can affect you ^^
            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士

Comment

Originally posted by tazirai
              hehe.. its weird how a videogame and mythical creatures can affect you ^^

Ever since i first played my first Final Fantasy, FFX, with Shiva in it, i immeditaly fell in love with her, regardless if she is a videogame/mythical creature. Shes my all time favourite, but the other summons are right under her in my likeness of them, FFXI is no different Shiva the best and the other summons slightly as equally as her LOL.

Shiva just brings me joy, I love the ice magics/abilities she has in the final fantasys.

I am hoping she returns in FFXII, if she doesn't I know that their will be other summons so yeah mythical creatures we call summons etc. really are a nice addition to FFXI and the Final Fantasy Series.
              RDM 50/SAM 38/WAR 24/BLM 27/WHM 30/SMN 50/DRG 23/NIN 20/MNK14/PLD14/BRD12
              Shiva,Ifrit,Ramuh,Leviathan,Garuda,Titan Obtained.

Comment

I love ifrit.. i dont know why.. hes just so awesome.. -_-

Comment

heh Ifrit
                  >Shiva
                  >Rat
                  >Alexander(just awesome)
                  それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                  Trielは博雅なる大召喚士

Comment

Hiya ^.^

I'm only a Level 39 Summoner but the reason I love it is because Summoner has always been a awsome job since they added it into FF games. The ability to call a mystical creature to fight with you and preform abilities is so cool. Also Summoner is the closest job to the real Vana Diel, When you go to fight any Avatar they will tell you that they have been around for a eternity it also hints on that there the only way to save vana diel if you read all the text. My fave Avatar is Garuda followed by Shiva, I like Garuda because the fact she is a newish Avatar and thats not slowed her down or made her weaker then any other and is already alot of peoples faves that has to show how good she really is. Well thats why I like Summoner. I tried ging back to WHM but I couldn't get into it again I was missing the ability to summon the Avatars hehe.

Character: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?86132
                    Fenrir Won: 11/08/2006
                    Diablos Won: 07/03/2007

Comment

Im noticing a trend on Garuda. Since rumors are flying around that BLMs are going to get nerfed, people are leveling up SMNs in preparation since they seem to be the only mage-type class left that can do massive damage (after blm) with the right skill level and equipment.

Anyone else noticing this?

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

well smn can do blm level damage up to a certain point
                        at lv60, you can fit in 2-3 500+ dmg spells and 300-400 worth of melee

even before then its possible, have shiva out doing 2x slaps for 300-400 and melee damage for 300-400

at 55, carb is free, and you can do the usual 2-3 meteors per fight, which is about 1000+ his melee damage.

but before 50, damage is gonna suck after you hit 40. 40-50 is our dmg weakpoint
                        //Tempest\\
                        Black Mage of Ragnarok
                        Looking for 10-75 Set pt members

Comment

I have just started my summoner and its only on level 9 atm but since the first day of playing this game I saw smn outside Sandy and that was it. I needed to get this class. My one problem is thou being my highest class is only in the mid 30's I dont have all those creatures that you can summon (LOL well actually I only have the Carby), so I guess I dont get quiet the excitement that all you others do. Its still a fun class but maybe it gets even better once I get those extra creatures such as Ifrit etc

Comment

Summoner is an awesome job and it's cool to level because it's not really like any other job at all. Summoning big giant things to crush small woodland creatures is always great.
                            Kuno's super cool stats!
                            Server - Bahamut | Nationality - San d'Orian | Rank - 9 | Jobs - 75 BLM/74 SMN

Crafts-
                            Fishing 100+ - Woodworking 80 - Cooking 35
                            Lushang's: Ok!

Comment

Because Carbuncle is so squishy! go go carby go!
                              Hacked on 9/9/09
                              FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Working...
                              X