Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relics

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Relics

    For Reference

    Summoner's Spats - Level 71 SMN
    MP+20 MND+3 Blood Pact -2
    Spirit Pact Recast Reduced

    Summoner's Bracers - Level 72 SMN
    MP+25 Summoning Magic skill+10 Blood Pact -2
    Avatar Accuracy rate up

    Summoner's Pigaches - Level 73 SMN
    MP+20 VIT+3 Blood Pact -2
    Avatar Attack Bonus

    Summoner's Doublet - Level 74 SMN
    MP+20 Blood Pact -3 Avatar Critical Hit+3%
    Depending on the day[not week]: Avatar Perpetuation -3

    Summoner's Horn - Level 75 SMN
    MP+25 INT+3 Blood Pact -3
    Weather : Avatar Perpetuation -3 [not sure about this... never seen a Smn's Horn drop before...]

    Of all the relics, which would you be inclined to get, and which would you actually use?

    For me, I already have gloves, but I would probably stick to just gloves and shoes... maybe pants if I am not solo (regular af pants for more acc+)

    The Doublet is pretty good, but it stinks that none of the Relic Armor for Summoner has a Refresh component like all the other mages (Bards get funny abilities that no one has ever heard of or seen... so they don't count). Oddly, though, Summoner's Doublet seems to be one of the more common drops from Dynamis-Beaucedine... next to... WHM, RDM, and maybe NIN... that's what it seems like from my experience.

    As to the horn, I was thinking for end-gear that a Zenith Crown would be better for sake of MP... at the cost of HP. I only say this because the chance of someone ever GETTING the horn is rather low... I would definitely use it over Zenith Crown, but I don't expect to ever see one lol.

    So for me, I am looking at Zenith Head and Body, Relic Gloves, Pants, and Shoes... if I can ever manage to get them all... ._.;

    And it'd look funny =\... maybe Relic Body instead...

    Thoughts?
    orz.

  • #2
    Hiya kiyone ^^v

    Personally I would most like the gloves and the boots, for the attack and accuracy up, as well as the -4 seconds total off bloodpact. Those I'd wear pretty much all the time, along with preferably a BP with refresh and AF1 pants for the accuracy bonus. The +MP and +10 SMN magic skill from the gloves is good too.

    The other items I'm not sure how useful they'd actually be. The BP is kinda interesting from the +3% critical rate, I wonder how much that actually kicks in? My regular damage on the skels in KRT is usually 800-900 ish with titan, but when I crit it's around 1.4-1.5k damage, so if the BP raised it by a noticable amount then it would be nice, but +3% doesn't sound like much =x The day of the week -3 cost is nice, but as most of us only use 1 or 2 avatars while lvling, I doubt that would be amazingly useful either. Like you said, not having a refresh effect on the BP does kinda let it down x_x

    The spats seem just like a gimic to me, I really haven't found much use for the elemental spirits, and I doubt any 70+ summoner would ever use the spirits over an avatar in most situations, which makes the AF1 pants so much more useful. I wouldn't mind the AF2 pants, but they just seem a toy to me rather than something that actually has a good use.

    The horn is nice, like you said zenith crown does have more mp though =x But it doesn't take away any HP and the -3 in bloodpact is pretty useful, without looking as horrible as the austere's hat x_x

    One possibility of having the entire set is macroing it to get the full -12 seconds off a bloodpact. That's very useful, but overall I feel the only two pieces worth wearing all the time are the gloves and boots, potentially the BP could be nice, the horn also is okay but still kinda limited in the bonus it gives =x

    As for how it all looks, I dunno x_x Personally I like verm cloak with the AF1 pants, I think that looks ok. I haven't seen anyone wearing the pants with Dalmatica so not sure how that would look either. At the moment I have an austeres robe and I hate it -_____-;; looks so ugly.

    P.S. Does anyone out there have the boots and would care to tell us what kind of bonus in attack it gives you? Just curious as to how much it helps


    Retired again, I'm no good at goodbyes...

    Comment


    • #3
      i don't think af1 pants and af2 glove's acc up stack.... (just by intuition)

      at level 75 mp isnt really a problem, as long as you have a good over 1050ish mp there is no need to add more, look at hp some times, hnm hunts can hurt.

      i personally wear af1 horn, dalmatica, af2 glove pants shoes.

      out of all the beauc and xarc trips i went to (probably adds up to at least 10) i have never seen a smn parts drop
      omfgbbq ;3

      Comment


      • #4
        Kiki~ and Kay~ (>'-')>

        I'd have to stick with hands/feet myself. Anything after that would be for looks to me, although maybe the horn too just because I get plowed by AoE already.

        Edit: Amazing how opinions change over time... SMN AF2 is one of the best, if not the best, AF2 set there is. >_>a
        Generic Info!

        Comment


        • #5
          You'd want to stick with the AF1 horn over AF2 or Zenith, boosting skill is far more important than anything else.

          Dalmatica and AF1 pants match ok.

          During battles I also like to strip off all HP minus gear if there's a possibility I'd get hit (and that extra MP is already used up).
          RageOfDark & Rinoa.Nu

          Comment


          • #6
            smn skill helps?

            I keep hearing oceanfish say it's completely worthless. They also had that interview with square that also said smn skill was just for speed of casting spirits (if that's noticable at all), and interruption rate.

            I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
            75/bst, 60/smn, 51/rdm, 46/whm, 40/blm, 37/nin, 37/thf, 37/war, 32/sam, 25/brd, 10/pld, 7/mnk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sudo
              smn skill helps?

              I keep hearing oceanfish say it's completely worthless. They also had that interview with square that also said smn skill was just for speed of casting spirits (if that's noticable at all), and interruption rate.

              I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
              Some times I dont think square knows what to belive in regards to SMN skill
              It's Official Promathia Hates me....
              それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
              Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
              A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

              BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sudo
                smn skill helps?

                I keep hearing oceanfish say it's completely worthless. They also had that interview with square that also said smn skill was just for speed of casting spirits (if that's noticable at all), and interruption rate.

                I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
                The speed of casting for spirits is noticable enough...

                For Light Pact

                When I am solo and waiting for protectIV/shellIV, it used to take 250 or so mp before it'd cast the first time. When I skilled up, it took only 200 or so mp before it'd cast.

                Also, it's weird, but it seems to work double time in alliance settings... it would cast on an alliance member (not party member) and then on me, and then alliance, and then me, for the same interval as if it was just casting on me. It also does regen on alliance members... Cure V... and i've gotten it to curaga IV before as well.

                I still only have the gloves... haven't seen smn relic from Dynamis in over a month of going... so i don't know personally how well the pieces work.

                I was looking at the model viewer for ffxi... Dalmatica and relic pants look ok...
                Attached Files
                orz.

                Comment


                • #9
                  curaga IV

                  o.o;
                  Attached Files
                  orz.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ome... Curaga IV?! Man SE give use the ability to control these spirits!! :mad:

                    Anyways, back to topic. SMN relic all good. Best pieces are Head, Gloves, Feet, Legs.
                    Profile: Summoner
                    Linkshell: CheckMate
                    Cooking: 58
                    Clothcraft: 34
                    Bonecraft: 8

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      but as you can see ... if you have all the elemental staves .. along with the day and weather ( day is enought) you get -5 mp prepration cost ... thats very nice while soloing or farming ....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kiyone
                        The speed of casting for spirits is noticable enough...

                        For Light Pact

                        When I am solo and waiting for protectIV/shellIV, it used to take 250 or so mp before it'd cast the first time. When I skilled up, it took only 200 or so mp before it'd cast.

                        Also, it's weird, but it seems to work double time in alliance settings... it would cast on an alliance member (not party member) and then on me, and then alliance, and then me, for the same interval as if it was just casting on me. It also does regen on alliance members... Cure V... and i've gotten it to curaga IV before as well.

                        I still only have the gloves... haven't seen smn relic from Dynamis in over a month of going... so i don't know personally how well the pieces work.

                        I was looking at the model viewer for ffxi... Dalmatica and relic pants look ok...

                        Never thought I would see this day...

                        (See previous post and photo)
                        Attached Files
                        orz.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hmm, I heard you got the horn, but I hadn't seen for myself. Congratulations.
                          Generic Info!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have 4/5 AF2, just missing the horn.
                            I use all except the legs ( use af1 instead ).
                            I would really love a dalmatica for the -1 perp when the af2 body doesnt kick in, and macro the af2 body in for BP.
                            55% Skill
                            35% Equipment
                            10% Race

                            White Mage - 75 - Completed
                            Ninja - 75 - Completed
                            Summoner - 75 - Completed
                            My Livejournal

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X