Sch past lvl 37?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sch past lvl 37?

I've hit lvl 37 fairly recently on Sch and was wondering what you all found yourselves typically doing in a party at this point. I could build a healing and a nuking gear set, but TBH, would kinda rather not if for instance, I'm in a healing role most often past lvl 37.

It's not a problem of gear or anything really, I just want to be smart with my inventory space.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Sch past lvl 37?

When i was lvlng sch (got it to lvl 43), depending on what I wanted to do for that day, depended on what I did. If I had a healer in the party, I would nuke, and back up heal, if no healer, I would sit back and just main heal. It depends on what the party set up usually is I you want to be doing one thing only as your sch, then I suggest you make all your partys past lvl 40 for sch.

Comment

At this point in your career, you're three levels away from 40 and Accession is going to be a defining ability for /WHM for quite some time. By the time you get out of the mainlands an into Aht'Urghan, I would only worry about investing in a healer set for a while. After you can sub blink and stoneskin under /WHM you won't be looking at any other sub for partying until /RDM at 68, which covers every possible job angle you would want to cover.

Also, If you've taken BLM or RDM farther already, you won't have to worry much about keeping things like elemental magic skill high since Dark Arts can ninja you in a fair amount of skill to compensate. You'll still need to gain the real skill and that will take time, but thanks to Dark Arts you won't be too off.

In your 40s you might still find /BLM useful, but you'll never see it again after 56 unless you need to warp home. There's not much gear there for nuking to speak of anyway aside from the standard stuff.

Also Takelli, its not as if SCH has it that hard on getting an invite. Most people will take SCH as a healer if they're available and will. I never had to build a party for the job, really. You have to be on a really anal retentive server to not get invited as a healer on SCH.
      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 09-12-2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

You very likely won't be invited to nuke in most PT's, especially once you start EXPing in Aht Urhgan.

It will mostly be main healing, or back up while providing support via accession + buffs. SCH doesn't really begin to shine as a nuking class until 70+ when Addendum: Black grants you BLM's Tier 4 nukes. SCH has a much harder time of it because of the lower skill compared to a BLM and lack of MAB, but it can still put out a steady stream of pain with Thunder IV + Parsimony.

A BLM will do more per nuke than you, but you will easily outlast them on MP.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          Also Takelli, its not as if SCH has it that hard on getting an invite. Most people will take SCH as a healer if they're available and will. I never had to build a party for the job, really. You have to be on a really anal retentive server to not get invited as a healer on SCH.
          Oh, I wasn't having any invite issues on my sch. I was just saying, if you want to nuke or heal on sch, make your own party so you can do what you want as sch.

Comment

It should be said that, unlike RDM and SMN, you won't want to claw your brains out because you are asked to main heal on SCH, at least past 40, anyway. Pre-30 anyone that asks you to main heal on SCH should be asked to stop failing at FFXI or just be shot on sight. 37 and 40 onward, healing actually becomes fun and only gets more fun.

Usually because its more defensive buffing than it is healing.

Comment

That and SCH is actually designed for it, where as RDM & SMN merely have abilities to facilitate it to a degree (I do not honestly believe RDM was ever meant to replace WHM, ever. Support it sure, but not replace it.)
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                That and SCH is actually designed for it, where as RDM & SMN merely have abilities to facilitate it to a degree (I do not honestly believe RDM was ever meant to replace WHM, ever. Support it sure, but not replace it.)
                Oh heck no, Rdm was given enough healing to heal themselves! just so happens that @ 75, subing whm gets you a taste of whm's party friendly buffs, enough so that meriting on rdm/whm makes it popular. (I personally love having a whm/sch in meritpo's)

Comment

Working...
                X