SCH LB5 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCH LB5 Problems

Ive been level 70 a while and im currently stuck on LB5 vs Gunther. Ive tried it 11 times either im really sucky or just unlucky. I use the strat off Wiki but im still finding it hard to even come close to winning. Is anyone having issues with this?

Thanks
    Last edited by Krysta; 10-12-2008, 05:49 AM.

Re: SCH LB5 Problems

Originally posted by Krysta View Post
    Ive been level 70 a while and im currently stuck on LB5 vs Schultz. Ive tried it 11 times either im really sucky or just unlucky. I use the strat off Wiki but im still finding it hard to even come close to winning. Is anyone having issues with this?

Thanks
    Well, I can't say I've done it since I won G5 as BRD waaaay back on my Taru. But I have a rough idea of what this BC consists of and I do have a Testimony to burn on this. I know the grimorie is aligned with a random element, so that can be troublesome.

Can you tell us your setup and how Shultz is beating you?

Comment

My Setup:
      All NQ Staves
      AF Head
      AF Body
      AF Hands (Getting Cobra Unit tomorrow)
      AF Legs
      Jungle Rope
      River Gaiters
      Ether Ring
      Hale Ring
      Grandoise Chain
      Moldy Earring
      Insomnia Earring
      Leth Strap +1
      Phantom Tath
      Red Cape+1

Well my current strat is to run in and do Dark Arts, Ad:Black, Shell III.

Alacrity and ebullience then I cast Stone IV on his book which takes about 50-60%~

The trouble is the timing between my next spell. Normally he heals it before i can get it off which is basically instant fail because its impossible to recover.

I have got off my second spell once or twice but he is always left with around 1% >.< I guess i should stack on more int

Comment

Well, I'd definately get a Penitent's Rope in the place of the Jungle Rope. More MP is nice, but +5 INT/MND would probably be better in this situation. I'd also find some INT substitute for ether Ring.

Are you using Blink Band and Stoneskin Torque before you engage? That should save yourself from a few nukes initially and buy you some time to get in more attacks. You may also want to invest in some Hi-Potions and Vile Elixirs for HP and MP recovery rather than using spells.

Comment

I dont see the point in getting a penitant rope instead of my jungle rope. Its only like +1 INT for 75k more and +MND will be useless for this fight. Subbing in a INT ring and INT neck peice has improve my chances dramatically i can actually kill the book now if it is a lucky element.

I am using a blink band before the fight but the stoneskin torque is stupidly expensive (like 150k). I was using Super ethers but looks like im gonna need to save that extra cash for a Vile elixir.

Since i can actually kill the book now has anyone got tips on defeating Gunther?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X