Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently my problem was being a SCH...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apparently my problem was being a SCH...

Want a quote here is something I whipped up.

BBQ had a WHM = not main healing
    BLM's arent used in Mire for obvious reasons = not main nuking
    BBQ is a SCH which can heal and AoE buff = Support

is that enough for ya.

What if a RDM/SCH decided instead of refresh he was just going to cast nukes? may not do as much damage but we'd be spending the same MP, and where would the RDM end up? back in WG LFP.

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Howler View Post
      Quote please.
      I don't think we need insanity to embellish upon itself.
      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 04-24-2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        I don't think we need insanity to embellish upon itself.
        Your the one who is spouting insanity of how 5 people were wrong but you. You are the support job. It is the support jobs role to make sure the wheels of the party all move smoothly (even with a lousey whm or tank). You failed and you whined, I called you on it and you try and back peddle.

You stopped leveling RDM why? because the workload was to great and you found it boring to be that type of support role. What level did you stop at? 65 just before the Mire. Guess what you chose to level a support job in the mire, you didnt support you got the boot. It it your fault, not the non curing paladin, not the whm who over cured not the sam or mnk who were not /nin.

You failed in your duties as a support role answer my questions I asked earlier or are you concocting a tale of how it wasnt beneficial because of every thing you have said it was the most benefit to your party.

I wont let up on this until you admit you preformed sub par, because that is what you did. Any job who dosent do their job deserves to be booted. That includes you BBQ. 75 has gone to your head. Of course you did level BRD and COR so you don't really know what it takes to be a multibuff support job anyway.

May as well hang up your SCH cuz the workload isnt how you like it (where is the claping hands emote insert it here.)

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

It is the support jobs role to make sure the wheels of the party all move smoothly (even with a lousey whm or tank).
          See, this is where you're completely wrong and show you know NOTHING about being a support class. The supporting jobs aren't there to compensate for weak players, the jobs exist to enhance a PT's performance.
          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 04-24-2008, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Well you must live in a perfect world were every pt you get has players that pay attention, know their job, have perfect equips, etc. In my world, you often don't get all of that or even some of it so you need to SUPPORT THE WEAK PLAYERS. But I guess in your world you wouldn't pt with people like that.....but wait...you did. Hmmmm....
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Agreed unfortunately. Many of not most parties are made of weak players. Enhancing the party is compensating for them. You can either give the party what it needs, have a crappy party experience, or have no party.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                Agreed unfortunately. Many of not most parties are made of weak players. Enhancing the party is compensating for them. You can either give the party what it needs, have a crappy party experience, or have no party.
                I'd argue most players are average and I have no problems with an average PT, because even they make the effort to have what they need before throwing together a PT. If two critical jobs in PT cannot hold up thier end of what the PT needs, it doesn't matter how good the rest of the PT is, or even how valuble the support class may be. The PT will fail and its not fair to lash out at or not listen to other players who are trying to hold it together.

Maybe I'm just not being clear enough in my OPs lately or maybe people are just half-reading them. I'm suspecting its a bit of both, yet we also have people who are reading things into the topic that aren't even there.

Comment

When you get on a party that doesnt meet your standards you:

a) Do your best to make the party work with the people you have even if there's so much you can humanly do about it.

b) Spend the entire time doing things your way and complaining about how bad your party sucks, while thinking about what to post on a forum about the experience.

c) Accept defeat and go do something else/look for another party.

It's always interesting to see how people react to these kinds of things.

That being said:

PT was SAM, THF, MNK, PLD, WHM, SCH.

Its a level 68 Mire PT, so shooting off nukes is a mixed bag on Imps, but OK on Jnun. So I'm in Light Arts mode for Imp and Dark Arts for Jnun.

Apparently, to the PLD (our witless leader who never cured himself for hate) thinks its a bad thing. Our WHM is pretty witless too, shooting off Cure IV and V even if members only slightly got into the yellow (horror of horrors), at least he knew what Regen was. Oh and none of the melee were /NIN, which by this point is kinda needed for a place like this.
                  In this case I think it was a bit of both, a very unskilled party and a support-job player with an attitude.

-The party didn't have Refresh, so the PLD was probably saving MP for Flash and emergency cures in an attempt to last as long as possible without having to rest/stop chains, or at least that's what I would do in a situation like that.

-The unskilled WHM was panicy about people dying so overcured and wasted too much mp.

-...while the melee really lacked the skill to moderate their damage output so the PLD could hold hate, something that's really needed when you aren't using shadows because of AoE silence.

-You were there for support and not DD, no question about it. You just have to look at the party setup to notice that. (although that doesn't mean nuking wouldn't help if you could squeeze some good nukes here in there, specially on chain #5+)

So PLD can't hold hate worth a damn, WHM was always out of MP because he honestly wasted too much on high tier cures. The come in the odd requests "Jnun are weak to fire, enfire us."

Or I could just not do parlor tricks and save that charge for something useful, such as Ebulliance > Fire III.

So basically, my whole cardinal sin in that PT was refusing to Enfire-ga the PT, being a good DD on Jnun and using my MP effectively on Cures, because I seldom got low. I'm a real monster.

Something is really in the water on my server, I swear.
                  The party lacked the skill to work together (that includes you too sadly ) and even though I agree Fire III would be more efficient MP-wise than Enfire in that situation I doubt casting Enfire on them would have broken your game, and considering you were there as support you needed to prioritize support duties over DD even if it wasn't as efficient.

A lot of times Support jobs do unnecesary things if only to raise morale, which is also part of a support role if you ask me.

I doubt you'll change your attitude though, so probably you should do yourself a favor and stick to LS parties or drop out the moment you see things are going to turn out that way, it will save you a lot of headaches.
                  Last edited by Raydeus; 04-24-2008, 07:41 PM. Reason: Just because. XD
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

With that PT setup, I'd rather see the WHM take haste duties, plus silena and backup healing, while the SCH could main heal. Self-targetted AoE buffs are just a pain against imps, I hated having to recast protectra and shellra there ... I wouldn't want to run into range the way the leader seemed to want.

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus
                      You were there for support and not DD, no question about it. You just have to look at the party setup to notice that. (although that doesn't mean nuking wouldn't help if you could squeeze some good nukes here in there, specially on chain #5+)
                      And if we had read what I said several times already, we'd know that the nukes were only "here and there" and when they did happen, it was exclusively on Jnuns. I always make sure the WHM was good on MP and others were decent in the HP before I tried. Its like you're agreeing with me, but disagreeing just for the sake of doing so.

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                      With that PT setup, I'd rather see the WHM take haste duties, plus silena and backup healing, while the SCH could main heal. Self-targetted AoE buffs are just a pain against imps, I hated having to recast protectra and shellra there ... I wouldn't want to run into range the way the leader seemed to want.
                      They were more painful on COR than anything else, but yeah, it is a bit annoying to get locked up by Amnesia or Silence while performing a buff, as opposed to just one or the other.

I agree with your assesment too, WHM could have focused more on haste and Silena.

They last several PTs have been tons better and I've pretty much been doing the same old thing, mostly as healer.
                      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 04-24-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm still not sure why you need to post a thread about every party experience you have; good or bad. We've all had great parties, decent parties, and shitty parties. However, most of us also just accept it for what it is and move on when we have shitty parties that make us scratch our heads as opposed to posting rants trying to gather support from online communities to make us feel better.

I'm sorry you got kicked from the party BBQ. Is that what you've been fishing for? News flash, I've been kicked too and it's usually because I disagree with the asinine ideas of the leader. But when that happens, I say fuck it, find a beer and/or smoke a bowl. It's just a video game after all.
                        Last edited by Ameroth; 04-24-2008, 10:15 PM.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                        ------
                        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                          I'd probably agree, except I don't see what use Erase would be (AFAIK, amnesia is not erasable).
                          Imps can cast Bio II, IIRC, as well as elemental enfeebs. Should also add Poisona to the list of "I don't want to do without" spells as a back line job for Imps.

Tanking those Imps is not easy, especially without Refresh. If the WHM was keeping the PLD at full HP all the time, the PLD practically had no chance.

Even with the "right" amount of curing from WHM, pretty much all heck break loose after Amnesia wears off. A split second late and a PLD could lose a chance to use JA due to Amnesia--which usually happens to me one second after everyone WS.
                          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Im sorry you got kicked from the party BBQ. Is that what you've been fishing for? News flash, I've been kicked too and it's usually because I disagree with the asinine ideas of the leader. But when that happens, I say fuck it, find a beer and/or smoke a bowl. It's just a video game after all.
                            Eh, I think I might just still be on edge from certain events that took place last Friday. I'd go into it, but this probably isn't the best place. Its affected my attitude on just about everything as of late and I have a hard time dealing with anger that stems from betrayal. That's about as specific as I care to get.

Meh, just lock/delete it Task, this topic clearly isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Thread closed by OP's request.
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X