Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scholar: Crowd Control Evolved

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    P.S. I disagree with categorizing BLU as a mage. It's very clearly a hybrid job, and though the bulk of its damage comes from MP, ironically most of that MP gets turned into physical damage, and a good BLU will also do a substantial amount of damage with his sword. It's undeniably part melee, and that's something simply labelling it a mage doesn't convey.
    Blue Mage is a hybrid job, but part of the hybrid is "mage-y" enough, I think; MP based debuffs, buffs, sleep spells, etc. are all in the repertoire. Plus, as you said, much of its damage comes from spending MP.

Then again, I call BLM a DD, so my view may be skewed; I'll definitely classify BLU primary a physical DD--a mage who is primarily used as a physical DD.

Who has substantial crowd control experience with BLU? It'd be interesting to have some comparisons between BLU and the more standard ones like RDM, BLM, and BRD.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Re: Scholar: Crowd Control Evolved

I hate the term "hybrid job." Blue Mage is Blue Mage, period. It does what Blue Mages have always done. And its jobs like that that have always distinguished Final Fantasy from the pack.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The conversation is alrready veering too far away from SCH and crowd control. But to answer the question, what distinguishes BLU in my mind is that its able to help lock down a particular mob with stuns as a means of its crowd control, I can't really speak about its bind magic or AoE Sleeps, other than Sheep Song is pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
      X