Helixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helixes?

As said by wiki "The spell does some amount of initial damage- Whatever amount of damage is done by the spell is how much damage it will cause on each of its ticks." Now how much damage are we talking about? 7? 20? What? because if these spells don't at least do the amount that Bio II/III do per tick, imo it would be almost worthless.
    Also do the spells stack like the Ele DoT? and one more thing, the ability Modus Veritas suggests, to me, Helixes have a set amount of time, Do they?

Re: Helixes?

They last a minute 30 by default I believe, someone did some good testing over @ BG.

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/vie...p?f=53&t=27007

In summary, every INT seems to add 1 point of damage to each Helix. And sadly no, they don't stack at all, just overwrite each other. Also casting the corresponding storm on yourself prior to the Helix will boost damage.

Still no word yet how well these spells work on HNMs. It sucks ass for SCH though that you can't stack them ; ; especially since you could stack up to 4 elements otherwise. But then I guess SE didn't want SCH soloing PSC Lebross Cavern >_>p
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      They last a minute 30 by default I believe, someone did some good testing over @ BG.

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/vie...p?f=53&t=27007

In summary, every INT seems to add 1 point of damage to each Helix. And sadly no, they don't stack at all, just overwrite each other. Also casting the corresponding storm on yourself prior to the Helix will boost damage.

Still no word yet how well these spells work on HNMs. It sucks ass for SCH though that you can't stack them ; ; especially since you could stack up to 4 elements otherwise. But then I guess SE didn't want SCH soloing PSC Lebross Cavern >_>p
      LMAO I never thought about that! XD They will be awesome at it especially /BLM :D

but 73 dmg is pretty nice ^^ even though it was on really low lvl mobs... But thanks for the link! I appreciate it! I'm glad that my Modus Veritas suspicion was correct, a LOT longer then I expected tho.

Comment

I'm not gonna follow that link to confirm, but those tests were done naked + 1-2 pieces of gear to control the environment, right? So imagine what a SCH with incredible +INT, incredible +MAB gear could do. I don't think 70-80 on exp mobs is out of the question... We'll see.
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

A level 35 SCH/BLM Taru in my LS reported 64 total Int without amazing gear.

At 75, I see 70-100 DoTs depending on Mob.

PSC Lebros Cavern with a group of SCH's is gonna be like cast a helix, go afk >.>

Comment

Just to corroborate that, I'm at 66 INT (45+21) as a Taru SCH34/BLM with Seer's Tunic +1 Set, Black Silk Neckerchief, Morion Tathlum, 1x Morion Earring, Mcny. Cpt.'s Belt, Knowledge Ring, an Eremite's Ring, and no merits.

Rock Crusher looks to be very amusing indeed, unless it turns out those rocks are resistant to Helixes...
            Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
            How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and hypothesize that, in Rock Crusher, the rocks will resist the basic damage of a helix just like they resist the basic damage of a regular nuke--The helix will hit for say 1-5 damage and you'll just get an extra basic DoT effect, but you'll still be getting much faster wall death.

Comment

Just throwing this out there. . . . has anyone MB a Helix spell? I wonder if the additional DMG from MBing a Helix spell applies to the regular ticks.

Comment

I'm sure the initial damage will get scaled back for Lebross Walls, but there's still Ebullience, Elemental Seal and Modus Veritas to back up a SCH.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X