Subjobs 0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Subjobs 0.0

I think /nin haters are sometimes confused about whether they should blame SE for making /nin way too freaking good, or blame players for recognizing that /nin is way too freaking good and subbing it to jobs that it doesn't really fit other than the insanely overpowered shadows (mnk, drg, sam, drk, brd, cor, blu for example). War, thf, bst, and rng (and probably dnc) have some other legitimate reasons for /nin; although if shadows were balanced, it would be much less dominant and more situational than it is now.

I take the former position: shadows are too good (especially subbed, when they take over the whole game instead of "just" redefining the gameplay of one particular job) and that's SE's problem to fix, you can't really blame the players for using a lame-but-effective strategy.
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

What I'm seeing right now is people favoring /MNK and using H2H. While I understand the reasoning behind it, single wielding a dagger still seems like faster TP than using H2H. H2H adds to the delay and they're trying to bring it back down with Martial Arts traits . You might get two Martial Arts traits in all under sub, right?

/WHM fell out of style right at level 5 with Drain Samba, so I'm still wagering on /WAR, /SAM and /NIN with more DW gear, Haste Samba and Haste Gear as being better long term options.

Comment

What about scholars?
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

This ain't the dancer forum Omgwtfbbqkitten
          Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
          How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxia View Post
            No your a Sheep not a Drone :p
            Drones atleast have cool metal parts(Or so Sci Fi ch make out... I never got Sci Fi movies >.<)
            I got Ninja to lv 37 and still don't use it. I hated lvlin it I found the playstyle far too simple and basic.
            I was even asked to stay on as a Ninja for my static but they got no chance!
            Smn and if SCH is anything like it's history then thats how I'll go.
            everyone has a right to a choice but when they force it on others(not sayin u are but alot do) then they are tryin to assure themself and not others of there combo.
            I was in a Pt with a DRG/BLM and he kicked ass. Not the most common combo but hey I don't care about getting from 1 to 75 in a week lol I play to have fun not to be demanded into somthing I don't wanna do.
            If he wanted to be DRG/BLM why the hell not! He was havin fun. And if I suddenly log on and decide to be a SMN/DRG lol its not useful but if I was havin fun Why the hell not?
            Play to game to have fun! Not but mindless and do as the crowd say!
            Lets to honest I have respect for Jp playes but they are far too into the game
            Game = Life to alot of them! FK NO!
            Game = Fun! Nothing more Nothing less!
            So if ppl wanna be mindless and do as demanded and do nothing but play then when ur family find you at the keyboard with ya brains blows on(Like the guy that died on Everquest - Watch the youtube video - Everquest kills) then play on!
            If not HAVE FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
            also chase Tarus!
            When I pt for EXP the thing that makes them most fun is getting as much exp in as little time as possible. So if someone is dragging the exp of the pt down in the name of their 'fun' I'd be put off by it. When one person puts their 'fun' over the desires of the other 5 people in their PT, it shows me that they're selfish and I don't like to pt with those types of people.

And just because some people prefer to do their best in a game and make sure they have all their options available doesn't mean they don't have a life or are addicted to this game. It means they have *fun* doing the best they can for themselves and others.

Originally posted by Galaxia View Post
            Good to see some people still don't have enough of a life not to get off the game =P
            Go get laid ^.^ will do you the world of good
            Insults are cool.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I hit the wrong forum when I was thinking about dancer, so sue me

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
              When I pt for EXP the thing that makes them most fun is getting as much exp in as little time as possible. So if someone is dragging the exp of the pt down in the name of their 'fun' I'd be put off by it. When one person puts their 'fun' over the desires of the other 5 people in their PT, it shows me that they're selfish and I don't like to pt with those types of people.

And just because some people prefer to do their best in a game and make sure they have all their options available doesn't mean they don't have a life or are addicted to this game. It means they have *fun* doing the best they can for themselves and others.
              Galaxia is just holding on the naive idea that this game is about experimentation and trying to be unique when the game is actually about being flexible and ready for different situations.

I'm particularly interested in doing SCH/BST because I think its possibly the most perfect job to sub BST with short of RDM, WHM and BRD. It actually could be better than RDM/BST and WHM/BST. actually.

But does that have a place in an EXP PT or Endgame? Maybe, maybe not, but either way its not going to help my PTs and allies need all the time, so having /WHM, /BLM, /RDM and possibly /SMN could all be of benefit to them. /NIN could have some interesting tricks to it as well, we just don't know yet.

So let's not trick ourselves into thinking being too cheap and stubborn to level other subjobs is somehow magically tapping this bullshit choose-your-own-adventure MMORPG that you believe in but most people who play FFXI know doesn't exist. If you want to be creative, then you want to solo or make static parties. If you want to have efficient and fun EXP PTs, then you go with what WORKS or you don't get to enjoy that fast and fun EXP.

God knows I'll kick a RDM/NIN from my PT and ruin his "fun" for the sake of my PT's time.
              Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 11-23-2007, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X