Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, who is going to be a Scholar the first day? (Just trying or new main)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who is going to be a Scholar the first day? (Just trying or new main)

Don't matter how you put it. If you are going to unlock this job first, play it, test it, anything...

If you are going to play it the first day vote.
    Yes, I will play it as a new main.
    18.40%
    Yes, I will try it out.
    54.60%
    I will unlock it but not play it yet.
    11.66%
    No, Dancer makes me rock socks!
    4.91%
    What? We have a new expansion!?
    10.43%
    Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Re: So, who is going to be a Scholar the first day? (Just trying or new main)

Well, I don't know if I will literally be one the first day - I may not be able to play that day, or the quest might not have been found/solved yet. But within the first week, at least. I'm saving my Anniversary Ring to try out WotG jobs so I can get them out of the boring levels faster...
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I'm going to be lazy and have other people test it first, so I can wait and see if I'll like it or not.

Seriously, this job piques my interests. All I really need are all the hard details (skills, etcetera) laid before me (through FFXI wiki and here) to see how it plays out. Yes, I'm lazy and unadventerous, but I don't want to go through the trouble of leveling something which may end up as a let down (I level things far too slowly as is ;_; ).

I don't have to worry, because I'm sure there are some real-life Scholars out there who faint (from joy) at the thought of playtesting and gathering fresh new data.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Man, having just recently started over I'm so behind there's no way I'll get to either of the new jobs anywhere near the drop date. I don't have any caster jobs to make it worthwhile but I'll probably try to convince my leveling partner to fire one up sooner or later.

Comment

I'll be out of town first day...

Day I'm back I'm unlocking all the jobs though, then we'll see which I like
          sigpic

Comment

Yes , Scholar will be my new main and I wish to take to 75 to match my bard.
            75BRD , 60 RDM , 50 BLM , 40WHM

Nipodavavuhyeh aka N13- Mithra - Bismarck - WAR13

Comment

I'm more inclined to try this one first, then Dancer, but we'll see what the NA fan fest reveals.

Comment

I'm gonna unlock it for sure, but unless Mystic Knight comes out I'll be doing Dancer ASAP
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I won't be at home that day. So I doubt it. But eventually.

Comment

Since europe don't get it released till the 22nd, play.com will probably ship it to me for the 23rd/4th so hopefully by then people will have guides for how to unlock the job. It's never fun on the very first day when you have 304234097 people running around the zones talking to EVERY NPC trying to trigger CS's XD I'm happy to wait a day and go straight to what I want that way.

Comment

I'm going to open up the job ASAP and level it ASAP!

As far as it being a new main, tough to say, certain will be fun to try out though.

Comment

I won' play it simply because I think the AF hat looks stupid.
                        -Lionheart

I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself-

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                          I'm gonna unlock it for sure, but unless Mystic Knight comes out I'll be doing Dancer ASAP
                          Mal, if the translations are right we might not get Mystic Knight. ; ;

I'll unlock it since Scholar is more interesting than Dancer.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                          'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                          Dymlos
                          Bahamut server
                          Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos View Post
                            Mal, if the translations are right we might not get Mystic Knight. ; ;

I'll unlock it since Scholar is more interesting than Dancer.

sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Mal, that megaman3 guitar link in your sig is rock.
                              -Lionheart

I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself-

Comment

Working...
                              X