Unlocking Tachi: Rana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking Tachi: Rana

I've just returned to the game this month after a 2-year break, and I noticed obviously a lot of changes, one being "Mythic Weaponskills." Now my question to you is, what are the pre-reqs to getting them? I've seen quite a few people use them. Do I have to have Captain status? I know on Allakhazam it says the chart for how many WS points you need, which is fine, I guess the higher up in Nyzul you are the easier it is to get?

Are these weaponskills pretty much as common as the 72 WSNM now?
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: Unlocking Tachi: Rana

Quite common, and you just need the weapon to drop. No need for Captain status.

For the most efficient manner to unlock, you need the following:

1. Job @75
    2. Weapon to drop (in Nyzul)
    2a. Talk to the Blue Mage in the Goblin shop in Lower Jueno to start collecting points
    3. Nyzul completed to floor 100

You can do it without step 3, but the number of WS points needed becomes outrageously high (16000 if no floors are completed). If you've got lots of patience, then it's fine, you can still unlock it, will just take a long time.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiKi View Post
      3. Nyzul completed to floor 100

You can do it without step 3, but the number of WS points needed becomes outrageously high (16000 if no floors are completed). If you've got lots of patience, then it's fine, you can still unlock it, will just take a long time.
      Course I'm thinking it would take alot less time to climb Nyzul than to break the "latent" for 16k WS points. Easier now that theres FoV but still .. omgz

<----- hasn't started the climb. Yet I really really want that DNC mythic WS and happen to have gotten a Main Gouche on one of the few times I've done Nyzul runs.
      FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
      FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
      aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
        Course I'm thinking it would take alot less time to climb Nyzul than to break the "latent" for 16k WS points. Easier now that theres FoV but still .. omgz

Well starting with 3(4?) tags you could do 1~15(20) in a day. From there at 1 tag a day it would take you 16~17 days of doing nyzul isle straight without failure at the bare minimum. There are other benefits to doing Nyzul though so you may as well.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Well, you can start working on the WS points as soon as you have the Windslicer, and keep doing that whenever you have time using FoV or skill up party, or get a friend to help. You'll get KS/BS for your effort, and you'd pretty much have all the WS points you need before you hit floor 100/80/60--whichever floor you are aiming for.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
          X