Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

46-60 without an Okote, F Kyahan, Peacock Charm, is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46-60 without an Okote, F Kyahan, Peacock Charm, is it possible?

I only have about 400,000 and I can't afford an o kote, peacock charm or Fuma Kyahan. but I have woodsman rings, valkyrie mask, swordbelt + 1, weapons up to date and I plan on keeping my gear up to date. But I can't really afford all of the expensive things even if it will carry me all the way to 75.

The question: My server is somewhat picky, and from what I understand there's a ton of drama. What are the chances of me being removed from a party or criticized due to my lack of okote, peacock charm and Fuma Kyahan? I do my job pretty well, I pull, I set up skillchains and I try my best not to take hate.

Re: 46-60 without an Okote, F Kyahan, Peacock Charm, is it possible?

I am pretty sure as long as you have a Haubergeon no one will care. But otherwise if gear really concerns you, get some gil first.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaku View Post
      What are the chances of me being removed from a party or criticized due to my lack of okote, peacock charm and Fuma Kyahan?
      Probably pretty low. Most people aren't that elitest and if they are, oh well.

If this is a real concern for you, consider the option of not exping for a little while so you can farm the gil you need.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
      ------
      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

nobody will care about most of that crap. When you hit the hauby level get that then. Cause thats when they will care. Other then that eat your food play your job like a crazy fool.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

O Kote is the only of those I'd worry about. It's good enough to justify being pricey, but not so ridiculous like Charm. But even the Kote can be overlooked if funds are short. If the value is high enough, I'd sell valk mask to help with Kote.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

While you may get some arrogant ass who thinks he has to check and critique every party member (there are a few of these on every server) I don't think it's really an issue in this stretch. Fumas when unstacked with other Haste gear are of debatable value and there are cheaper, quality alternatives like Fed Kyahan or some races' RSE. I personally never used them at those levels and nobody said a word. PCC is nice to be sure, but hardly a reasonable expectation and again, there are reasonable alternatives.

Kotes are the one thing you ~might~ catch flak for just because they are so ridiculously better than most other hand options at those levels. I'd make that your next priority imo.

But yeah, so long as you don't show up in a leather gorget, carpenter's gloves and sprinter's shoes (Don't laugh, I've seen it happen) in those slots, you shouldn't have trouble, and if someone does kick you they aren't worth PTing with anyway. /blist em' and move on.
            sigpic
            Mains: 75 RNG/MNK/BLM/BLU/NIN/SAM/BRD
            Proud Sackholder: Celestial Guardians, Legacy of Old

Comment

You need o-kotes. Do whatever you have to get them. They are arguably the best hands for samurai for a very long time and there's no reason you shouldn't be camping them in Castle Oztroja.

Fuma Khayan you can live without. These feet are really only good for ninja and monk, where haste makes a considerable difference. There are other alternative boots to wear.

Peacock charm I wouldn't really worry about either...unless you get lucky from BCNM 40's or have a lot of gil sitting around. Just pick up a spike necklace and use that until you can equip the chivalrous chain at 60.

If anyone tells you you're gimp for not using a peacock charm at level 35, ask them how much gil they bought to get theirs and I'm sure they'll be quiet. =p
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Could always go H-Kotes, Will run you about 300k less then the O -Kote. An your only losing +5 atk which isn't really that noticeable. But save the 300k to buy a hauby with when yo hit the lvl. ( can't believe none of you pointed that out to him.)

As for me I don't care in a party fi you have them or not. I know allot of players with a job or 2 at 75 who don't even use the q/h Kote.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja View Post
                  As for me I don't care in a party fi you have them or not. I know allot of players with a job or 2 at 75 who don't even use the q/h Kote.
                  I'm going to have to disagree. If the person you know has two 75 monk and samurai and never got o-kotes, he must have gotten criticized a lot.

While I don't think you need to have them at 34, you should at least camp them when you're able to(level 50+). It's only a 1-2 hour pop NM and isn't that heavily camped....at least on my server. Plus they're free.

It's the same idea with the moldy earring. Yea, the NM is a higher level, so I wouldn't expect most black mages as their first job to have them at 50. However, it is a piece that almost all of them should get when they're higher up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                    I'm going to have to disagree. If the person you know has two 75 monk and samurai and never got o-kotes, he must have gotten criticized a lot.

While I don't think you need to have them at 34, you should at least camp them when you're able to(level 50+). It's only a 1-2 hour pop NM and isn't that heavily camped....at least on my server. Plus they're free.

It's the same idea with the moldy earring. Yea, the NM is a higher level, so I wouldn't expect most black mages as their first job to have them at 50. However, it is a piece that almost all of them should get when they're higher up.
                    Actually they are Rdm, and Smn 75. Not really a melee oriented person.They are taking Sam to 75 just for the heck of it. They actually have a pretty decked out Sam. They just refuse to buy Kote. An so far they haven't had any problems landing pts otherwise they wouldn't be in the early 60's.

An its only free if you get the claim and the drop. Otherwise you waste your time, wait to 2hrs and repeat the process. As for my server there is always 1-2 people there. At almost 1mil and still a hot sale. Its still very well camped.

As for Moldy I know allot of players higher then the earringwho dont have it yet or have had crap luck on it. Some just get to the point where they dont want to sacrifice time exping for something that barely boosts the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja View Post
                      An its only free if you get the claim and the drop. Otherwise you waste your time, wait to 2hrs and repeat the process. As for my server there is always 1-2 people there. At almost 1mil and still a hot sale. Its still very well camped.
                      Guess it depends how much patience you have. Some people have a lot of patience with NMs and others don't. I know I probably spent a good 50 kills until I got both my hands and feet. I'm guessing the OP can always just farm the gil if he doesn't like camping NMs and buy H kotes or O kotes. It's going to be a lot of farming though. T.T

Comment

IMHO, if you plan to stick with sushi, then O.Kote makes a difference. If you plan to use attack food, or if you have the option for SAM/RNG, then you have other things to consider.

For Haste gear like Fuma Kyahan, I would say wait until level 70+ and save gil for Dusk hands/feet.

If you can pull off with attack food build at early levels, your output should be good.
                        Server: Quetzalcoatl
                        Race: Hume Rank 7
                        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

You don't "need" them right now. You really don't need Fuma Kyahan or Peacock Charm (there are other pieces that will basically replace them later on, though the P Charm is nice to have). O. Kotes are very very nice though from where you are right now but later on towards the 75 region, they'll most likely get replaced.

Can you get to 75 without O. Kotes? Yes you can.
                          Should you? That's up to you. I would get them.
                          Will you need them at 75? Most likely no. Especially with how Dusk Gloves are dropping in price due to the whole Mog Bonanza thing.

Still, it's a nice feeling you get when you buy them early on and sell them later and realized you got +600k back... assuming you don't camp them that is.
                          http://ffxicasual.blogspot.com/ - Casually Casual FFXI Playing... or something like that.

Comment

Why do people think it's necessary to have all the godly gear when raising a job?

Now, there are expectations such as the +1 bows for RNG (and really, you're wasting your gil if you're using the NQ versions) and +1 Instruments for BRD, but stuff like Okote and especially the P-Charm that cost well over 600k are a bit silly to expect of people, particularly if it's your first job to 75.

Just do your best with what you have and try to work for the awesome gear you want at your own pace.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I personally not care so much about ppl gear when I lvling 1-74. As long as they have decent gear and good sense playing their job, PT can run really well.

I am picky when I'm meriting though, the gap between those who got 'good gear' and those who got 'decent gear' is big at 75
                              Thanks,
                              Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Working...
                              X