Hello, good sirs~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, good sirs~

Well... This probably isn't the correct forum for my initial question. However, this is the section where I spent most of my time while here so I thought this is where I would begin. To get right to the point; I'm looking to start playing FFXI...again.

It's been a long time since I last played. More than four years, it looks like. Certainly much longer than the three-month retention period that Squeenix alots to cancelled accounts. So I wasn't that surprised when the "reactivate content ID" screen came up blank.

Now, before I go purchasing another ID, has anyone had any luck restoring a deleted content ID before? I had heard rumors, once, that Squeenix holds on to characters beyond the three-month grace period. What better way to draw someone back in, after all. However, that's all I have to go on at the moment, just rumors. Does anyone here have any first-hand experience in this area? Is there any hope for my old character if the content ID no longer shows up in the POL viewer?

Thanks for any help,
    Nehvar

--

Oh, and just so that this post isn't completely off-topic... What has changed with the Samurai class since I left? (That would have been right before Promathia, for reference.)

Re: Hello, good sirs~

I just restored a character whose content ID I canceled 3 years ago. If you didn't delete the character you should have no trouble I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyoujin View Post
      Oh, and just so that this post isn't completely off-topic... What has changed with the Samurai class since I left? (That would have been right before Promathia, for reference.)
      Quite a bit, actually:

* In general, people skillchain a lot less nowadays.
      * Zanshin is now level 20, not level 60.
      * Attack and Accuracy derived from STR and DEX are now greater with two-handed weapons -- 3 Attack for every 4 STR, as opposed to the previous (and continued for 1H weapons) 1:2 ratio.
      * Two potent new abilities have become defining for SAM -- Hasso, gained at level 25, and Seigan, gained at level 35. These are a pair of mutually exclusive stances that only work if you're wielding a two-handed weapon; each lasts up to five minutes but have a 1-minute timer, so you can switch as needed almost at will. They are just as usable when subbed, but underappreciated due to the overwhelming popularity of /NIN.
      ** Hasso boosts your STR, speeds your weapon swings, grants you some Acc, and flosses your teeth.
      ** Seigan shores up SAM's lagging defensive capability by greatly enhancing the effectiveness of Third Eye; under Seigan, Third Eye has a good chance of anticipating more than one attack, and a low chance of causing you to counter an anticipated attack. It also reduces Third Eye's recast to 30 seconds (unfortunately, the maximum duration of Third Eye is also 30 seconds ever since the update that added these stances).
      Last edited by Pteryx; 12-08-2007, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinspinner View Post
        I just restored a character whose content ID I canceled 3 years ago. If you didn't delete the character you should have no trouble I think.
        How did you go about that? Was your old ID still listed in the "Reactivate Content ID" section of the POL viewer? I get a "There are no Content IDs you can reactivate" message when I try to reactivate. As for currently active IDs, I have "Rise of the Zilart". And, no, I did not delete anything when I left. I merely cancelled.

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
        * Zanshin is now level 20, not level 60.
        I do not think Zanshin had been implemented before I left. Looks good. It's nice to know that they addressed our accuracy issues. I remember feeling like a third wheel when grinding experience or raiding because my accuracy was so god-awful. It wasn't like I skimped out on the accuracy gear, either. That was a big part of what drove me away in the first place.

Thanks for the replies.

EDIT:
        I found this while while looking for similar posts on google. This could be exactly what I need. Wish I could check it out now, but it'll be two weeks yet before my new computer build is up and running. I'll just have to wait and see.
        Last edited by Kyoujin; 12-08-2007, 06:59 PM. Reason: Happy Times?

Comment

I wish you luck getting your Content ID restored. I didn't see your edit before I posted. Also SAM can now make use of Penta Thrust using this powerful polearm: Engetsuto. Anytime you have to fight an enemy over tough though you might have accuracy issues.

Comment

Well, the "Welcome Back" program worked for my character. Looks like I'm back.

Now to figure out why my frames are so bad...

Comment

Does anybody else have trouble trusting people who call people sir? Ma'am I'm fine with, but of all the people I've dealt with those who call me sir are the ones who want the most.

Samurai is a beast now, but I wish they wouldn't have made it the end all be all two-hander sub. It was just fine before, while Dragoon and such are still making for a poor sub job.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                Does anybody else have trouble trusting people who call people sir? Ma'am I'm fine with, but of all the people I've dealt with those who call me sir are the ones who want the most.
                Samurai is a beast now, but I wish they wouldn't have made it the end all be all two-hander sub. It was just fine before, while Dragoon and such are still making for a poor sub job.
                Haha, yeah, I do too. I don't usually use "sir" myself. The title of the post was a reference to a movie quote. The title of which escapes me right now.

Anyway... FPS issue fixed. The problem was that the latest nVidia drivers are crap. I knew something had to be up when not matter what resolution I set the game to, my FPS dropped to 10 when around even a small number of players. 169.17 betas fixed the issue. Why they didn't include this fix in the new 169.21's? Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                X