• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samurai job

what is the best race to be a samurai. i think its elvaan am i right
    im new and im getting ff 11 for christmas

Re: samurai job

there is no best race. play whatever race fits you best. every race has its strengths and weaknesses, but don't pick a race solely on what job you wanna play. pick a race because it fits your personality.

Comment

Yes, I don't know how many times its been said.... Race. does. not. matter. period.

I've partied with Tarutaru Samurai who freakin rock, same as with Elvaan, Galka, Hume, and Mithra. Its all about player skill and gear.
      RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
      Bastok Rank 10 Completed
      Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
      Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
      Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

I think it's a bit ignorant to say race doesn't matter. Stats vary per race. And if you want the optimum in one stat, there is only one choice. What your goal is depends on you but your means of getting it are actually dependant on your race.

If your goal is highest potential WS damage and highest STR, then you're right in thinking Elvaan. Or Galka depending. But the STR and ATK ratio is higher in elvaan, though a slight margin.

If your goal is consistancy on ACC and higher chance for crits, then Mithra or Taru may be a good choice.

If you just want the best overall balance and ability to customize with equips, then Hume may be your best choice.

That all said though, play what you want to play and you can't go wrong. Equipment can help buffer where you're 'weaker' or improve even more on your strong points. Merits too can help with this.

Comment

just be who u feel and do ur best done and said
          The Last and Only Samurai, All Shall Die at My Blade

Comment

Well, I always find Humes good for Samurai. Although Elvaan might be stronger, and Mithra quicker - the Humes have a nice balance. When I played as a Samurai awhile ago, I generally had good equipment and could equal any other race.

But in the end, they're all good. Put more emphasis on the class rather than race.
            Back to the game after an eleven month break. I had a SAM44/WAR31 if anyone cares.

Comment

search button!!!

race doesnt matter! any race can play any job!

how many times does this need to be said? >.> the only difference between the races is the style the job is played

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
              I live to entertain!

Comment

My samurai:

Level 13.. yes.

I changed the .Dats to some other armor out of the FFXIDatscollection, because it gives me more will to play that job. ^^ Thats a tip for you guys as well. (not only samurai's, all jobs)
                http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

would samurai be a good subjob or main job for Theif? I dont want to use ninja b/c of how much it costs, but I do need to find a subjob for my thf chr
                  "You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth.
                  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves." 1
                  Corinthians 13:6-7

Come along and join us ^.^!!!

Comment

No it is considered not to be. Let me give you some advice to keep you busy with for a few.
                    Level Monk to 15~18(or more if you want), then sub it for Thief, level Thief with Hand-to-hand weapons up to 30~33. Make sure to keep your Dagger skill up as well as you level. By the time you got level 30, you can unlock Advanced Jobs.

--By the time you got level 30 you will be fairly more experienced in the game.--

If you dont want a lack of party invites, level ninja to lets say 25. It really isn't as expensive as it sounds. Though, you do have to farm for the Utsusemi scroll quest in Norg. You don't need other scrolls, for the moment. You really wont regret leveling Ninja, as the Dual Weild ability that Ninja gives, is great for TP. Which you highly need. If you STILL(at level 30) decide to not level Ninja, you might want to keeo leveling Thief as Thf/War. But.. i strongly advice you to sub Ninja. Just put some effort into it, and it will be no problem.

But yea... get Thf30/Mnk15 first. ^^ Thf have fair Hand-to-hand skill.

Comment

but I have noticed that most of the hand to hand weapons dont do that much damage
                      "You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth.
                      It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves." 1
                      Corinthians 13:6-7

Come along and join us ^.^!!!

Comment

Don't worry. The damage will be good. Also, Sneak Attack(level15) works together with Combo very well.

Double Post Edited:
                        Almost forgot, subbing Monk also power ups your Hand-to-hand skills
                        Last edited by Kittyneko; 12-13-2005, 04:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by =Tuyen=
                          would samurai be a good subjob or main job for Theif? I dont want to use ninja b/c of how much it costs, but I do need to find a subjob for my thf chr
                          <<<<<51 thf/nin

i experimented with thief/sam at 30 because i didnt want to level ninja. then i broke down and simply levelled ninja, and i must say it is soooo much better...

it might take you some time, but it's worth it imo. taking ninja to like 20 or 30 doesn't cost a lot (ninja doesnt really get expensive until level 40, with the addition of the ni-series spells) and you will still have the best sub in the game for your thief. all you will need for those levels is one, maybe 2 stacks of utsusemi tools (called shihei) and the utsusemi spell scroll itself, which you can quest for free-minus-time. you don't need any other spells or ninja tools until 30+

and as for /monk, each hit may be weak, but the whole point of a monk is that you hit many, many times, for small damage per hit, so that it adds up. i've never actually seen thf/mnk in action, but ive heard it's good
                          Last edited by aegina; 12-15-2005, 09:43 AM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                          Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                          I live to entertain!

Comment

Just want to point out a few things. Race doesn't matter. DEX doesn't seem to have a very overwhelming impact in accuracy, though it does affect criticals. Mithra aren't faster, they just have more DEX. Either way it kinda evens out...one hits a bit harder per hit but criticals relatively less, one hits for a point or two less per hit but criticals a bit more. When you throw in luck, randomness, equipment, and skill into the mix, it doesn't really matter at all, like it's been said many times before. Play the race you like, not the race that's "optimal" for your job. You're gonna end up playing multiple jobs anyways, so that's useless anyways.

Oh, and THF/MNK can do pretty well, but I'm more partial to daggers. They can do high damage with WS but they have an abysmal hand-to-hand rating (E.) Then again you do more damage each WS. So it sorta evens out. Just different ways of achieving the same goal, but keep that in mind and do what suits you best.

And Martial Arts doesn't power up Hand-to-Hand damage. It reduces delay. If I remember correctly base hand-to-hand delay is 480, with Martial Arts (I) it's reduced to 400. That's a second a 1/3 less. If you want to know your hand-to-hand DMG, it's 3 + (Skill/10) + Weapon's DMG.

Regardless of wether or not you actually use the hand-to-hand weapons or not, subbing MNK is still recommended. Aside from RNG's Accuracy +10 trait at level 20 (when subbed) and DRG's Jump at 20 as well, neither of which are available to you, MNK is the only sub that gives you any damage-increasing abilities (Boost, level 10 when subbed.) It draws plenty of hate so don't use it mid-fight, but you can build up your attack between pulls for a stronger Sneak Attack and/or WS.

Comment

The only time where race affects a job to a "noticeable" amount is galka mages. I don't want to start some over-done debate here, but being a galka mage means u really need to commit urself (having capped magic skills+pimp gear) even to be considered good.

Sure, races can cover their weaknesses in their stats, but ur wasting those precious equip slots covering up the stat flaws when the races more "suited" for the job can enhance their performance even more. So in a way, race does matter.
                              noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
                              X