RDM WS - Exenterator vs Requiescat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM WS - Exenterator vs Requiescat

So I'm finally at the point where I can consider getting these WS to combine with Atmas. But I'm doubtful about which to unlock and level up first, specially considering the merit requirements to cap them and the Atma combos I can use with them.

My options are :

Requiescat
    MND modifier, 5 hit non-elemental
    Main weapon: Shikargar (DMG61 Delay 230 DEX+11 Acc+16)

Tentative Atmas: RR, VV, ?? (Atma of the Undying for the 50MND or Gnarled Horn for crit rate)

Which would give me:
    STR +50
    DEX +50
    Crit Hit rate +30%
    Crit Hit damage +30%
    Double attack +10%
    Regain 2tp/tick
    Plus whatever the 3rd Atma gave me.

Exenterator
    AGI modifier, 4-hit with acc down added effect
    Main weapon: Aluh Jambija (DMG51 Delay 201 STR+10 VIT-10 Att +15)

Tentative Atmas : RR, VV and GH.
    Which would give me:
    AGI +50
    STR +50
    DEX +50
    Crit Hit rate +50%
    Crit Hit damage +30%
    Double attack +10%
    Regain 2tp/tick
    Counter +10%

On paper Exenterator looks better because Atmas work much better for it, but I may be missing something about Requiescat in addition to it's non-elemental properties. Not to mention I have the option to eventually upgrade to a better sword, where for daggers Aluh and Twilight are probably as good as it gets for RDM without going after Mandau.

I may try getting both eventually but I want some opinions before I sink a bunch of merit hours on my starting WS.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Re: RDM WS - Exenterator vs Requiescat

What, no consideration for Evisceration with all the crit atmas?
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

For inside Abyssea, what Cid said. Evis will win because of crit rate. None of the merited WS can crit. For outside of Abyssea, I have no idea. I don't have the sword WS, but Exenterator is very good.
      99 DNC
      99 WHM
      99 WAR
      * 99 THF
      99 BLM * 99 RDM *
      99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I considered it but didn't think the extra 10% crit rate (at 100%TP) from Evisceration would beat the 100% AGI modifier on Exenterator even with the extra hit. But I guess it couldn't hurt if I started with Exenterator and did tests on both WS to see how it goes.

Thanks guys.
        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I considered it but didn't think the extra 10% crit rate (at 100%TP) from Evisceration would beat the 100% AGI modifier on Exenterator even with the extra hit.
          It doesn't really matter what Evisceration's base crit rate is. Like Squiggs said, Evisceration can crit and the others can't, so crit rate and damage is wasted on Exenterator and Requiescat.

Comment

Wait, physical WS can't crit except for Evisceration? Because even my savage blade seems to crit a lot in Aby. o_O;
            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Wait, physical WS can't crit except for Evisceration? Because even my savage blade seems to crit a lot in Aby. o_O;
              Only a WS that says it can crit will randomly crit. The same goes for mobs and Blue Magic. It's why Screwdriver and Sickle Slash will randomly get huge damage spikes that kill tanks, whereas other WS deal consistent damage.

What you perceive as a crit on Savage Blade might be a double attack.

Comment

Odd, I could swear they get the same tp back but do way more damage when crit'd.
                sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

IIRC, Extenterator is strictly comparable with Evisceration. Not strictly better, not strictly worse. (I mean, "Extenterator" can literally mean "One which performs Evisceration," for crying out loud.)

I'd personally weigh those two against each other in your situation before putting it up against whatever your preferred Sword WS may be.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                  Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                    I considered it but didn't think the extra 10% crit rate (at 100%TP) from Evisceration would beat the 100% AGI modifier on Exenterator even with the extra hit. But I guess it couldn't hurt if I started with Exenterator and did tests on both WS to see how it goes.

Thanks guys.
                    Evis has a base 10% crit rate at 100% tp, but RR adds 30% plus whatever you gain from the huge boost to DEX that it gives, and GH adds another 20% to that. This is the main reason that Evisceration (as well as Raging Rush, Hexa Strike, Blade: Jin, etc.) are so good inside Abyssea. Outside of Abyssea, however, you won't see the consistent crit spikes on Evis, making Exenterator (or Requiescat, I still don't know) the better option.
                    99 DNC
                    99 WHM
                    99 WAR
                    * 99 THF
                    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Yeah, it's an extra 10% chance of getting crit which is pretty good, but probably the best part about it is the 5-hit (+1 DW) aspect with the chance of having 6 crits with those atmas. Also, do you know if the +10% crit applies to all hits or only the first one?

PS > In the end I'm probably going to get only Exenterator, after all if I get Almace or another of the cool swords they already come with their cool WS included. Thanks for the help guys.
                      Last edited by Raydeus; 10-26-2012, 07:52 AM.
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                      X