Matt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt

I'm fast approaching the dreaded Maat fight and been reading, watching videos and asked friends what they used. The thing I find disparity in it how many and which enfeebles to use. I'd like ur input on which spells you used on the red highlighted sections and what success you had.

Here is the strat I've gleaned:

/Sleep II
    /Dispel until he has nothing left on him
    /Bind (Some said)
    /Silence(some said)
    /Aero III about 4-5 times
    /Sleep II
    /Dispel anything you need to
    /Bind (Some said)
    /Silence(some said)
    /Aero III until MP Empty
    /Sleep II when he gets close and move to other side of arena
    /Convert
    /Bind (Some said)
    /Silence(some said)
    /Aero III until he's dead
    Last edited by fairyoracle75; 11-19-2009, 10:04 AM.

Asura Server

Re: Matt

Maat*

Sorry.. was a lil confused by the title... I was like: "Who's this Matt dude?"

... anyway GL on the fight.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Sorry ... I can't seem to correct the title either.

Asura Server

Comment

I never did RDM Maat, I leveled BLU instead(which is ironic cause it's actually a much harder fight), but pretty much that's exactly how I've read it being done. Make sure your elemental skill is semi close to being cap, might not be depending on how much you've Level Synced

Also came in here wondering who Matt is.
        Cleverness - Hades
        75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
        DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Sleep, Dispel until there is nothing left to dispel, nuke, sleep , nuke, rinse repeat, convert, heal, chainspell, nuke the living shit out of him.

For all practical purposes, silence is not going to land and bind isn't going to last to really help. You might get some good milage with gravity so you might want to try that.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

-Run to edge of arena
            -Protect, stoneskin, phalanx,Refresh
            -Hi-Ether
            -Chainspell
            -Diaga (? does rdm/ get diaga?)
            -Aero 3
            -Aero 3
            -Aero 3
            -Vile Elixir +1
            -Aero 3
            -Aero 3 until dead
            -Vile Elixir if needed

Note: Apply Stoneskin under the affects of Chainspell as needed.

Go farm for an hour or so, to make up the 70-90k for the two vile elixirs.

Level to 75 ^^

Comment

if I remeber correctly I did land a Silence on Maat, which was a bad idea, cause of instead of standing there alot of time just trying to nuke me, which blink took care of a few of those spells, he'd run up and asuran fist me to death every time. The one time i went in w/out silencing him was the time I won.

I suggest not to Silence, even if he can be.

Also I don't think i saw this, but it might be common knowledge, go on Winds' day for that little extra umph from Aero, at least that's what I was always told/did. And i did it the way Mhurron suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Phanex View Post
                if I remeber correctly I did land a Silence on Maat, which was a bad idea, cause of instead of standing there alot of time just trying to nuke me, which blink took care of a few of those spells, he'd run up and asuran fist me to death every time. The one time i went in w/out silencing him was the time I won.

I suggest not to Silence, even if he can be.

Also I don't think i saw this, but it might be common knowledge, go on Winds' day for that little extra umph from Aero, at least that's what I was always told/did. And i did it the way Mhurron suggested.
                Yeah I think I'll Gravity and Bind and forgo silence since I want to try and sleep him through his convert. As an Elvaan I'm not sure the all out nuke method is the best choice for me.

Asura Server

Comment

Working...
                X