Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maat Fight Bypass If Completed With Another Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maat Fight Bypass If Completed With Another Job?

I'm currently leveling RDM up and heard scary, scary things about the Maat fight. I already finished it with WHM, but I've not leveled any job up past 50 besides WHM. When RDM gets up that high, will I need to fight Maat again with my RDM or do you only need to do the Genkai missions once?

Thanks!

Re: Maat Fight Bypass If Completed With Another Job?

You only need to do the final Level Cap fight once. You won't have to do it again on your RDM.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

But don't do it that way! Please!

Fighting Maat on RDM is a bitch but it's truly a rite of passage for RDMs, and doing it will teach you so much about the job (believe it or not, you will learn from it) and will boost your confidence quite a bit.

Of course I don't mean to say you can't and that it's not valid, nor will anyone know that you didn't beat Maat on your RDM. But I'd recommend doing it - and winning - at some point, just because of how much it can be a measure of your skill, even if you've already beaten him, you can always challenge him again. And you'll feel pretty damn proud of yourself for beating him because of how hard he is.

Just throwing that in there.

Also this is not meant to be a guilt trip or anything so don't take it that way, this is my opinion and maybe a load of bullshit, but how I feel. I think everyone who has RDM should beat Maat at one point because the fight is so difficult and can teach you quite a bit about how you play the job and how you react to certain situations. It's an eye-opener! So consider it.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Besides, there's always Maat's Cap to aim for. At this point, I've won WHM and BLM, and could try THF and SAM...

Comment

Maat's cap is a lofty goal at this point though. I do fight him on every job I've got at 75 just to say I did it and because I just feel it to be a rite of passage. That's just me, though, I know some hated it the first time and never wanted to see the bastard again. (I don't blame them!)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
              But don't do it that way! Please!
              He's already done it on WHM, and he mentioned in the OP that his RDM isn't even past 50 yet. So it's pretty much his second job already, anyway.
              Originally posted by Armando
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Originally posted by Armando
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Oh I didn't see that part. I thought RDM was his highest job. My bad.

I still stand by what I said, though.
                sigpic

Comment

I was just wondering since I play with RL friends and don't want to have to stop leveling RDM or something at 70 when I could keep going with them.

I'll definitely do the Maat fight, though. I'm leveling RDM because I hate having to always take a friend if I'm going to try and kill an NM for something, so Maat will definitely teach me a lot about how to manage my MP in longer solo fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigglesworth View Post
                    so Maat will definitely teach me a lot about how to manage my MP in longer solo fights.
                    Um... No.

The actual Maat fight is very, very different from vast majority of RDM solo feats. What it does teach you is to have a plan, critically evaluate the tools at your disposal*, be prepared, practice for smooth execution, think on your feet, and accept that you can't always win.

* As an example critically evaluating RDM's tool arsenal, think of a few things one can do with Chainspell: rapid nuking for quick damage output, but depleting the MP pool fast; repeated Stoneskin and Blink recasting to counter a fast and hard hitting monster, but making little progress to defeating it; sticking enfeebs on a resistant but not immune opponent by spamming spells without a care for recast timers, but again making little progress to actually lower its HP.
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

God, maat fight.....

I can honestly say of all the crap to complain about (SE, Customer Serivce, credit card issues, stupid pointless updates) I have never actually considered quiting the game as much as when i went 0/5 on my Maat fight. I was Elvaan and my MP was crap, because I was stacking INT to land enfeebles/nukes/SLEEP ><, and I just could. not. nuke. him hard enough the 2 times my opening sleep did actually stick.... God i was so fucking mad, dieing trying to get my testimony, and not being able to get some help from a Thf, and just depressed about it in every way.
                      There are things in the game that you need, but you can continue to have fun and progress in other areas. But completing this fight isn't one of them... It is that serious and important. I actually stoped playing for 3-4 days because i was seriously getting an ulcer from the huge let downs.

And then I won.

And I have done alot of things in my life, I've disarmed suicide bombers, walked through landmine fields and didn't blink, asked a woman to marry me, carried one of my friends bodies onto a plane to send him back to his family, and those things surpass a video game achivement by leaps and bounds, but if your looking at comparing the too, then yeah. It's somewhere in that general area of success.
                      IMHO, No other job can say that they have a battle even remotely close to the difficulty of RDM maat. There are some that come close, but I feel that none surpass it.

I remember my friend Elmer went 0/8 and had given up on Redmage and went back to leveling her 64 Dragoon. I convicned her to give it one more go, went with her to get her a test, and loaned her the 80k, and 2 HQ staves, to get a vile elixir, and a vile elixir+1. She did everything perfectly and got the record on the clear time.

Enter
                      Run to circle
                      Chainspell
                      Diaga,Stoneskin, Phalanx, Nuke,Nuke,Nuke,SS,Nuke
                      Vile Elixir+1
                      SS,Nuke,Nuke,Nuke,SS,Nuke,ETC.
                      Vile Elixir if not dead
                      Nuke

Throw some cures in there if your HP get's supper low, and blink's also.

That's the beauty of Chainspell, it's why it's often the most powerful 2hr ability of players aswell as NPC's. You can be defensive, and offensive at the same time.

If you unlock your cap on another job, I beg you to finish that fight. It really does train you to be the kind of redmage that Endgame shells need. To be able to take 60 seconds and all your MP and HP and turn the tide of a battle.

I've only leveled RDM to 75, and i'm PUP 61 on my other job, but I can imagine how ridiculus it looks when the DD's have pulled out all the stops, the White mages MP is gone, the BLM is dead, and then they see that chainspell animation and suddenly everything within a matter of 60 seconds go from FUBAR'd to completely and totally under control. The blm is suddenly up, the whm dosen't need to pop Benediction, link is slept, everyones HP are full or yellow, the Red is chain nuking the original mob, and convert goes off, and the mob can't even touch the red through the buffs that he didn't even have 40 seconds ago. and the partie recovers in 120 seconds instead of 5-10 minutes later.

Damn, just thinkign about gives my ass goose bumbs. I'm such a fuckign geek.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                        carried one of my friends bodies onto a plane to send him back to his family,

/salute.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X