X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Front Line (Melee) Red Mage FAQ [WiP]

Originally posted by Murphie
    (or even get the ToD)
    ToD is easy as hell. Just gotta filter everything out of the chat log and leave your character AFK at the entrance to her room overnight. Those annoying Conquest messages show up every hour on the hour so you can use them to tell how many hours passed since you went AFK before she died. The trick for you is going to be camping her, since she can't be low manned unless you have certain jobs. You should be able to pop her within 1-2 hours though.
    What element is Def. down effect? Because if the proc rate can be enhanced lowering elemental resistance then both En-spells II and Death Blossom would work pretty well for this.
    Wind. Defense corresponds to VIT which is associated with Earth, which Wind beats. Apply that logic for any other --- Down effect. Lowering its resistance won't technically increase its proc rate, but it would reduce the number of procs that get fully resisted, so if it is getting resisted (probably will in EXP) then it should increase the number of procs you see.

Also bear in mind that this sort of weapon tends to have a bad proc rate to begin with. Dual Wielded, its proc frequency is going to be halved. So it may or may not take a really long time (from the point of view of a fight's duration) to proc depending on what its base proc rate is.
    Originally posted by Mhurron
    Def down from the sword is almost like being able to stack Bio and Dia on a mob, not so bad.
    It's probably better to just stack it with Dia.

Comment

What I meant was I play on a shared 360 with someone who can't seem to understand why on earth I'd need to be logged into the game for so long without playing it and oh my god electricity is expensive, etc. So finding enough time to stay logged in and get the TOD is my main problem.

Comment

Oh. That really sucks.

Comment

DW and Enspell 1's will serve you better, unless you have a DNC in your group and are able to get haste samba. If you are SW enspell II's sneak ahead once they cap out. Mathemattically speaking single weild joyeuse with en2's is the best endamage set up.

sig courtesy tgm
          retired -08

Comment

Also bear in mind that this sort of weapon tends to have a bad proc rate to begin with.
            I think I'd generalize it with any non ammo additional effect weapon pre ToAU will generally have a poor proc rate. Any non ammo additional effect weapon that came with ToAU will have a decent proc rate.

There is a dagger that some jobs can use, the Adder Jambiya that has a very high evasion down proc rate.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard good things about Magnet Knife and Thalassocrat/Mezraq too.

Comment

Working...
              X