main heal/refresh all mp/haste everyone always

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• main heal/refresh all mp/haste everyone always

So I just hit 60 and today (pimp hat! yay!)

And just finished a PT tonight in Aydeewa fighting crawlers. PT setup was:

RDM PLD THF NIN SAMx2

Things were going surprisingly well/fast. I was hasting/refreshing myself and the paladin (who was tanking). After a short time, people started asking for a haste here and there to remove slow. Which I gave them. At some point, I made a sarcastic comment like, "I hate you all." which then set off this whole big thing.

One of the sams said I should be hasting them all and that if I don't like it, I shouldn't be playing an rdm. Right. I argued that haste x 6 is 240 mana every 3 minutes, + refreshs + cures + dispels + enfeebles is NOT going to make things go faster. They were going fast enough as it is.

But no. Samurai epeen is <impossible to guage>, nin should always be hasted (he wasn't tanking keep in mind).

Fine, I said. I'll haste everyone. Let's see how much better this is.

First round, haste x6 refreshx2 enfeebles cures. End with 400 mana. Uh oh, I start thinking I may have to put my foot in my mouth... I sit down. Refresh effect wears off. Cast refresh. Haste effect wears off.

Second round. yadda yadda yadda. I end with like 50 mp. PT leader /tells me to ignore them. Epeensam is like, I do it on my rdm and I'm hume (I'm taru, this has been a big issue from the beginning, I should have no problem doing this because I"m taru...). PLD is like, on my rdm, I tell pts if they don't like what I'm doing, they can find a new rdm.

Downtime

3rd round. Thf pulls with me at 300ish mp. Haste wears, start haste cycle again. Halfway through, what do you know! I'm out of effing mp. Paladin comes very close to dying 3 times, refresh wears for both of us. Nin forces DC to avoid death (nice). Somehow we make it out alive.

Immediately the pld is like, just haste us 2, and randomly pick another to haste.

NIN comes back and suddenly has linkshell event.

Epeen says (and I quote) "fuckin ppl cant play rdm need to change jobs, <peace> bro"

So me being immature and unable to shake things off, /tell him "where do skilled players find the magic haste - 50% mp scroll?"

"it's called mp managment guy, look in to it"

"ok I will"

"main heal/refresh all mp /haste everyone always, i used to do it for hours a day dude, its too easy"

"mhmm. I bet refresh/ haste never dropped for a second, you ended every fight with 80% mp,. And you have a HUGE penis"

Then he went on about how he's gonna hack/delete me.

Main healing. Refreshing "all mp" assuming thats 3+ people, hasting 6 people...

Doing that you are literally chain casting constantly, HOW can you manage mp?! What mp management is there in that?! Either you have the gear/mp/whatever to do it or you don't. Which, taru or not, I don't think anyone does at 60.

It's always frustrating to have people telling you how to play your job when you know they are wrong about what they are telling you, but of course, I'm no rdm guru, I'm just going on instinct (and logic I thought) and so I come to you all for insight/validation

Should I really be able to haste an entire party while main healing? And if so, how?!

Re: main heal/refresh all mp/haste everyone always

(1) Whoever was really tanking there was the top priority for haste. I wouldn't haste the NIN if he wasn't tanking, really. And you don't Haste everyone always, you haste who you think benefits the most. Do a gear check if you have to and decide that way.

(2) The melees were morons for trying to burn in a zone with no real burn mobs. Diremites and Crawlers tend to be high maintenance mobs with high defense, hence, not burnable. No crawler ever is.

In short, nothing was really your fault about this party other than the fact that you stayed in it.

Comment

Love the "I will hack you" responses, I always get a kick out of those. I just send a tell back after I get those filled with nothing but laughter ;p
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Um, I'm at about the same level and I've had similar PT experiences, but I didn't see a Convert in that list of activities. I know it's hard when you are the only mage in a party (and that's not even starting me off on the "Why don't you have more than one mage, this isn't MERIPO"- arguement). But most people who complain that they play x job better than you - I always tell em " OK, lets go back to HP I'll swithc to SAM (or DRK or what-have-you) you switch to RDM and we'll come RIGHT BACK here to see how it goes....

Usually shuts'em up
        sigpic

(\ /)
        ( . . )
        C(")(")
        ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Yeah, the SAM was a dumbass, even with full MP gear and Convert merits at lvl 75 it would've been tough keeping that cycle.

In other words that SAM was a liar and a moron. With that setup, with you being the ONLY support/main healer there was no way for you to keep up with that at lvl 60.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

No single mage should ever be responsible for hasting every melee in the party. If every melee in the PT needs haste, then you need 2 people with access to the spell.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
            WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Truece View Post
              No single mage should ever be responsible for hasting every melee in the party. If every melee in the PT needs haste, then you need 2 people with access to the spell.

only people that "NEED" haste are the tanks, thats it.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                Heh I wish I had learned this before I was driven insane and had to quit both red mage and white mage because of haste. I had to quit both of those jobs because people and that spell were driving me crazy.

Try your best to ignore them. I'm sure they've had ONE party where their red mage was able to haste everyone (probably had another mage with them) and they think that's the norm. Or they know this one super-red-mage with all this awesome equipment at level 75 that is able to do it, and since they're idiots they think that every red mage from 48-75 is capable of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                  Hence, the italicized 'needs'...

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                  WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Your samurai is an idiot.

The only people in an exp party that need haste are the tanks. That's it. If your DD complain about not having haste, tell them to fuck off and level red mage themselves. I leveled samurai to 75 and not once did I ever complain about not having haste. It's nice to have I guess but I can still produce good numbers without "OMFG HASTE OMG OMG OMG".
                    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Your SAM is a moron for trying to burn in a non burnable zone.

RDM PLD THF NIN SAMx2
                      The only person out of those who needs haste is the PLD since he/she is tanking. A DD NIN shouldn't need haste because haste doesn't effect the speed of ranged attacks. THF's delay is too low for haste to effect them that much. SAM has Hasso and any good SAM will have haste gear so they shouldn't need haste.

In my parties three people get haste priorities:

1) Me because my cure spells having shorter recast timer benefits the party
                      2) The Tank so they can keep hate better
                      3) Any MNK or any DRG, DRK or G.Axe WAR that aren't subbing SAM for some bizarre reason
                      Last edited by Firewind; 12-11-2008, 07:09 AM.
                      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I'm terrified of haste on my monk, it makes hate control that much harder to manage.

ok, not terrified, but it makes me pay a lot more attention to what I'm doing

Comment

I disagree about THF's delay being too low for haste to matter ... haste doesn't work that way, it's an equal multiplier to anybody with the same level of haste gear. Where THF DOES have a reason to not care so much about Haste is the JA timers for SA and TA.

As WHM, I generally have no trouble with a 3-melee haste cycle, though 4 becomes a strain (or when somebody starts taking a lot of damage, they tend to fall off the haste rotation about that point). As RDM, your MP endurance would be greater, but even so, there's no way you're keeping up with constant casting and no rest...

Comment

I love you guys D:

I was a little worried this would turn into a "tldr,stop whining, L2P" flame fest.

convert wasn't up. When it popped I was in orange health with like 4 mp, and no refresh.

also, yeah on my mnk, if I get a haste, I always say, "really, you don't want to do that..." It's super fun of course, but just pulls way too much hate. That said, whenever I'm looking for a melee to haste, I usually throw it at the mnk xD

The samurai bandwagon really, REALLY gets on my nerves. It's RNG 2004 all over again. People click Samurai at Job Change and think everyone owes them a blowjob for it. FOTM classses in all MMOs are like that and it drives me crazy. Btw I totally had a rng in 2004 and I totally stopped leveling it (at 68) when they nerfed it XD

Comment

Originally posted by Auro View Post
                              People click Samurai at Job Change and think everyone owes them a blowjob for it.
                              That's a lot of blowjobs...
                              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X