• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this game cheats

Originally posted by Jaxom View Post
    this game cheats
    I can feel you on this XD
    A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

They're not cheating, they're just not obligated to fight with honor.

There's no such thing as a fair fight. There's only the fight and who's left standing, after all.

Comment

This dragon is also pissing me off. His list of TP moves is big and its random what comes out. From what ive read this is easily solo'd as RDM/NIN. However being a huge RDM/DNC junkie I have been trying to get the win as that. First time I went in not knowing anything about the fight other than it was soloable. When he used voidsong I was completely unprepared and was sow to react. Died at 42%.

Second run I expect voidsong to come at about the same time (figured it was an auto defense move at 50% or so). Used it at about 48%. I countered with chainspell buffs. This worked well until he used it again at about 10% at which point I died at about 6%.

Third try will most likely happen today and I think I may have a plan. I am going to follow the same pattern as before. But when he uses the TP move I am going to try and stun it with sword ws (w/e it is called). Hopefully if it works he will pick a new move from his bag of tricks. Or at least delay long enough to cause him issues.

My back up plan is - interrupt gear. Hopefully enough to get at least Phalanx/Ice spikes back up. Or Auqaveil. I will see how it goes.

(I am hell bent on killing this dude RDM/DNC, I am hell bent on soloing a lot of things RDM/DNC because I think it is awesome.)

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

Can't keep it silenced?

Comment

tbh i was not aware that silence prevented this move. now after reading it to confirm your statement I think things just became 1000x easier than what I was planing to do.

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

Where does it say Silence will stop Voidsong? I just tried looking on all the relevant wiki pages (the PtNB mission, the NM, and voidsong) and talk pages and couldn't find the word "silence" anywhere.

I'm not saying it won't work, I just want to see where it's been documented.

EDIT: grr, hiding in plain sight... still kind of interesting that there is a TP move that you can block with a debuff
              Last edited by Elwynn; 06-08-2010, 01:45 PM.
              Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
              99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
              F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
              >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Voidsong - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Never seen it in action myself but it's not too farfetched.

Comment

Its the reason why Eihnjar LS scream at sams not to use tachi: gekko in the run with dahlks. Silence blocks all the songs so it does nothing but bodyslam = failed run. Doesnt work with NM dragons far as I know, Dreamlands xarc beaudine dragons will be unaffected most likely. Dont know about this one as its a mission mob not a NM. I went rdm/wm mnk/nin
                  and didnt think to try silence as he mostly did breath attacks.
                  Barsha: Sam 85 Blm 85 Blu 85 Drg 75 Rdm 78 Whm 49 Thf 49 War 49 Dnc 42 Nin 49 Drk 33
                  Alchemy 23 Cooking 23
                  Bastok 6-1 COP complete AU complete ZM complete WotG Wings Of Glory

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                    He could have just as easily opened with Chaos Blade and raped your MP pool.
                    I Duo'd this as a WHM/NIN with a PLD/DNC friend and this is exactly what happened to the PLD
                    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                    X