Murgleis stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murgleis stats

Credit to allakhazam for breaking the info. Original post here: Allakhazam.com: Final Fantasy XI: News: Exclusive: Murgleis, The Red Mage Supersword

As designed, the Nyzul Isle relic sword is stronger than the joyeuse. It's just as fast, and attacks twice.

The convert-enhancing effect is absolutely amazing. When you convert with the sword equipped, you automatically get back half of your hit points, plus whatever hit points were just converted from your mana pool. In other words, no more sudden deaths from converting just before a mob's AoE attack. No more cure bombs after converting. No need to stop nuking if you're in the middle of a chainspell. Simply put, it's made of win.

The aftermath effect of increased magic accuracy and magic attack is also something to behold. The effect kicks in after using the new weaponskill, Death Blossom, with the sword equipped. And, the potency of the aftermath effect is boosted when the weaponskill is used at 200 or 300 TP. From what I was told, the boost to the aftermath effect when used at higher TP levels is intended to be extremely generous.

Because these weapons have not yet been officially tested, the total damage capabilities of these weapons and their weaponskills remains unknown. Also unknown is whether the Murgleis or the new weaponskills have any hidden effects.

As you can see from the photos, the weaponskill itself is stunning, like a giant, exploding rose. We reported earlier that the weaponskills will be obtainable separately from getting the relic weapon. The nature and difficulty of these weaponskill quests remain a mystery, but a member of the FFXI community relations team told me "most" players will be able to learn these new moves.

I nearly fell out of my chair on Friday when it was announced that Pikko and I would be the first to test these weapons. We sat side-by-side in the Alexandria conference room at SE headquarters, playing on Xbox 360s hooked up to giant flat-screen monitors. Our characters were brunette Hume females, decked out in full Morrigan's gear with the relic weapons. We entered a special assault area of the Mamool Ja Training Grounds on the Atomos server, aided by a massive TP regen (added solely for our enjoyment) and a member of the FFXI community relations team who served as our Tarutaru white mage.

We swung our swords and spammed Death Blossom. The rose animation grew and shattered as mobs fell dead left and right.

It was beautiful.
    Attached Files
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Murgleis stats

... excuse me while I go change my pants.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

You're not even a Red Mage, Malacite! -.-; I should be the one changing MY pants!

. . .

Cool sword, and you know, it's good to finally point out that there's something genuinely better than the Joyeuse, not to mention that this weapon would serve our abilities better than even Excalibur and Mandau. However, for being better than Joyeuse, it had darn well better be, as part of the next line of Relic Weaponry.

It's worth noting that the QA have had yet to have at this, so I can't wait to see how they handle this.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

The aftermath effect is going to be interesting to use considering we don't really have the melee acc to hit mobs that we'd need magic acc on, and we're not generally nuking the mobs that we can melee. We're gonna have to build TP on ramparts to boost our enfeebles on nyzul bosses and rely on alternate TP sources like Shikikoyo or I.wings to get the boost on things like Kirin. Gonna be fun to learn how to use.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
          The aftermath effect is going to be interesting to use considering we don't really have the melee acc to hit mobs that we'd need magic acc on, and we're not generally nuking the mobs that we can melee.
          BP already predicted somebody would say that, and has even come up with a retort:

"Or S-E could actually come through with the Red Mage frontline adjustments."
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

I gained report(Thayos' appraisal of "The Mog House" podcast), that the Aftermath effect--in addition to Taskmage's(and my own)--misgivings, will indeed be "a short duration(specific length of time to be determined)."

My feelings are no longer mixed.

I'm officially underwhelmed.

The devs assert that the relic stats released my not be the final product, and are undergoing review. There may still be hope for something suitably impressive.

Comment

I just wanted to first say: Fucking holy fucking shitfuck ohmyfuckinggod.

Ahem. That out of the way, TM has a valid point, the first thing I said when LS member told me stats was that it's still iffy if this makes RDM melee viable, because it doesn't make our Acc or Atk any higher.

However, with Sword merits and Sushi the Acc isn't so much an issue, can even do Fin Sushi and still get 5 INT out of the deal. In regards to Nyzul bosses, even without Sushi I can actually hit them surprisingly reliably in my standard TP gear. The main issue is hitting for 0, because we still(ok not we, you, as in all you tarus) have rather low STR and low Atk. The relatively high base damage of the sword will help out with that a bit, but we still face the normal issues of melee RDM that have always kept us from meleeing.

But still, dear god this would be fun to play with solo.
              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                But still, dear god this would be fun to play with solo.
                This, and as a convert macro piece. I just realllllllllly love that WS animation though.

Hell, I still want it. With this mainhand and Justice offhand, there's no real reason for me to ever camp Charby, which is great because no one will fucking help me kill him anyway.
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I just wanted to first say: Fucking holy fucking shitfuck ohmyfuckinggod.
                  Yep when I first saw it nearly the same stuff came flying out of my mouth irl. My husband thought something happened and came running over going "Are you ok!?" I told him "No.....I think I just wet myself." When he saw what it was about he just swore and grumbled as he went downstairs. Then I did a little dance in my chair.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                    ...I just realllllllllly love that WS animation though....
                    The nicest thing about the new WS's is that SE has eluded to a quest that allows you to obtain the WS via an alternative method so you don't need the weapon to use it. Happy Death Blossoming!

Comment

Pfft you have 75 RDM, what do you need other people to help on Charybdis for?

I'm forcing my LS leader to take RDM up to about 60 so that I can get the Vorpal Sword and Brave Blade for the WS quests at the least, if I were to upgrade one I still would go with Death Penalty though(already have my Quicksilver).

Honestly I can't get too excited about this because the requirements of the kind of LS you'd need to actually accomplish this are pretty extreme. At the minimum you have to beat Odin and the 3 ToAU beastmen kings, that basically eliminates anyone in a shell with less than 25 people that doesn't have several relic weapons/KC DRKs(see also: me ) from being able to upgrade these. Compared to a Dynamis relic, where you only need a reliable source of income and a large enough shell to farm city Dynamis and do Attestation/Fragment, which could be done with 18 good members.

Even if they took off needing the Odin clear the rest would still be very feasible to normal players, but honestly Einherjar is not easy. A large part of it is just that my shell specifically is just bad at it because too many members have their heads up their asses, but it's still not an easy event to clear compared to Dynamis/Limbus.

Comment

Pfft you have 75 RDM, what do you need other people to help on Charybdis for?
                        Because I fail at RDM/NIN. If I could straight tank him RDM/DRK it'd be on like Donkey Kong, but I just can't get the hang of RDM/NIN. I'm also an expert RDM/BLM kiter, but RDM/NIN just eludes me. I know it's not difficult but somehow, I think my nerves just get the best of me and I end up fucking up horribly.
                        sigpic

Comment

Could try /BLU if you have it, I'd personally take that over /NIN since he wipes shadows so quickly anyways.

The hard part is getting him upstairs really, you just gotta Bind, sneak yourself, then run out of the room a bit. When he starts coming for you take off, when you get to a nice clear spot where you can recast Sneak easily, wait for him to get within casting range and Bind again. Repeat until you have him outside of the gold beastcoin door, and then you have a nice, large area with a big circular part to kite him around, with no links/aggros to worry about. Makes it a lot easier on the nerves, from there it's just Bio, Bind, Poison and run.

Comment

Don't have /BLU yet, but maybe that's next on my list. Still, since I rarely dual wield anyway, I'm almost not too worried about getting Joy because I have Justice and it's a beautiful weapon for me to solo with anyway. I think Joy outparses Justice anyway, but with my pathetic melee setup, I hardly think it matters what I'm fucking smacking mobs with. Mostly just farming anyway on RDM, tbh.
                            sigpic

Comment

They're even. Assuming you have a full and constant supply of stones, Joy and Justice proc at pretty much the same rate, the slightly higher base damage of Joy is made up for from the 7 STR on Justice, the only real difference is that a couple jobs that make good use of the weapon type can't use Justice but can use Joy(COR/DNC/WAR) and you don't have to farm stones for Joy.

And as you said, most scenarios where you use it is just solo/farming/campaign, in which case Joy is better simply because you don't have to use consumables for it(like the people who use shihei in farming/campaign, drives me fucking batty).

At any rate this is still a very solid WS sword, and doesn't have the slow delay issue of the ESword, but still the nice effects are only there after you've gotten full TP, and putting in the insane amount of work needed to get one simply to save yourself a Cure IV when Converting is a bit much. Not that it's not sweet, but if I'm going to go to the trouble of upgrading one I'm going to do it on one where it's feasible/worthwhile to melee/DD full time.

Comment

Working...
                              X