Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Genkai 5 (the Maat fight) these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Genkai 5 (the Maat fight) these days?

I'm finally getting my RDM close to 70 and was wondering if this fight has changed much, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about it much any more.

I guess new equipment and foods make things a little easier?
    Is there any truth in the rumour that going in without equipment reduces Maat's stats?
    RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Re: How is Genkai 5 (the Maat fight) these days?

The fight hasn't really changed. New gear and food can help a bit, but honestly, I don't believe I wore anything that unusual for my fight. Standard EXP stuff, really.

Comment

May I ask which tactic you used? There seem to be a few flying around. Main variations are whether to sleep Maat or not, and whether to chainspell before him or after him. What worked for you?

Comment

I went with the Sleep/Nuke strategy. It's a bit safer, and arguably easier. I didn't chainspell until Maat was nearly dead and I knew I could finish him off with nukes.

Comment

Ditto what Murphie said. It took me a few times ; ;, but that was because, I think, cause i kept him Silenced. Once he was silenced, he'd run to me and Asuran Fist me to death before I could get my sleep off or recast gravity.

But the time i won, I dind't silence him, and he just tried to nuke me the entire time, my blink and stoneskin did better job absorbing the nukes than his fist.

Now i don't know if that was the norm or I just got lucky, but I think not Silencing him might be the way to go if you can't kill him a few times. But that's just the one time, maybe I just lucky.

Comment

I can't remember if I silenced him or not. I want to say I did. I just also kept him bound and slept as often as possible. Hard to Asuran Fists me in the face if I am way over there.

Comment

None of the successful strats I read today silence or gravity him. And the only buff people seem to cast on themselves is Stoneskin & Blink. There seems to be quite a bit of choice for this fight though, so I'm not saying any particular strategy is wrong. But a silenced Maat, I would imagine being very pissed off.

Comment

One guy melee'd Maat. I'll get the link when I get home (or if someone can find it on YouTube), bevcause work doesn't have Flash installed.
                The Tao of Ren
                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                Originally posted by Kaeko
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

He might be pissed off, but if he's bound and silenced, there isn't much he can do to you. Especially when he chainspells. Which he did, of course, and couldn't cast a thing.

Comment

As the the going in naked rumor, it is almost certainly false, but on the other hand it only takes a couple macros to gear yourself quickly on the inside. <.< Might as well right?
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Plus, who doesn't enjoy titillating a million year old man who wants to punch you?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                        Plus, who doesn't enjoy titillating a million year old man who wants to punch you?
                        o/
                        The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Well!

Comment

Found some links

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqK5rnN6dXw]YouTube - FFXI RDM Maat Melee Style[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZGZhHdR4xU]YouTube - FFXI RDM melee Maat 2004[/ame]
                            The Tao of Ren

Comment

I went sleep/nuke also. One thing I will note is that I failed until I capped my drk skill and used a Pluto's Staff. Could have just been horrible luck because thats all I seem to have. LOL
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X