Random Qs for you older RDMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Qs for you older RDMs

Well here it is now Feb and I finally got to lvl 55. I am wearing some of my AF armor and Ifinally got my Hat today. WOO HOO. All I am lacking is the Tabard. So I find myself in a great ToAU prt today where as once again I am main healer, Which I don't mind one bit as long as peple don't complain of not getting dispel sometimes. Well anyway We had an awesome pty. went from 4 exp into lvl 55 to 9500 exp in less than like 4 hours which to me I found good. I was able to keep refresh, haste, enfeebles and found time to MB a few times. To me an overall sucessful day for me. Anyways during to course of the day I got to thinking of a few Questions I was asking myself as to if there was anything that would make this job better.

The few Things I came up with:

Where is the EnLight and EnDark spells? Wouldn't these be great to have?

Where are the other Spike spells? Ice , Fire and Shock spells are cool but what about the rest of the elemental spikes??

Now I am not sure about this one cause on one side I am greatful for this spell but on the other side I find it doesn't last long enough. Maybe it is what equip I have that causes it to not last as long. I am talking of Stoneskin. I love this spell and always keep it up on me. I just feel that the duration of the buff could be better, Possibly a 2nd teir of this would be sweet . Is there a 2nd teir merit of this??

Anyway, I love playing RDM, and IMO I am quite comfortable with the RDM/WHM role. Yes I have been playing this game for a while (Since 2004) but still in all I find it a fun and fillling role. Maybe you guys may think of me as a noob or bad RDM , but I like playing this role. My only thing is that cause of the combo I find myself helping alot of lower level ppl more often than actual lvling. Which in turn I don't mind, but one thing I never do and I totaly dispise is PLing. I never PL. When I help someone it is either I switch jobs to the lvl they are at or I am doing something for them that needs a higher lvl job. But anyways what is your take on these Qs.
    Dahc Ramuh server
    San D'Oria Rank 6
    RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Re: Random Qs for you older RDMs

I can't remember exactly why Enlight and Endark aren't available, but the other spike spells are there. Aquaviel, Stoneskin, and Blink. There aren't light/dark defensive armor spells either, though, so it might just be that SE doesn't think we need a light and dark everything (we also don't really have light/dark elemental spells; Banish and Holy doesn't really fit that, and the closest thing to dark would be Drain)

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
      There aren't light/dark defensive armor spells either, though, so it might just be that SE doesn't think we need a light and dark everything (we also don't really have light/dark elemental spells; Banish and Holy doesn't really fit that, and the closest thing to dark would be Drain)
      Native to RDM,

Defensive:
      - Light: Protect, Shell, Phalanx, Barsleep, Barblind
      - Dark: (None that I can think of.)

Offensive:
      - Light: Dia, Diaga
      - Dark: Dispel, Blind, Bio, Sleep
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Pretty sure he means barlightra and bardarkra and some light/dark elemental skill based nukes. I would love the first two actually, I could laugh in the face of cursed sphere and the Carby Mitts NM.
        sigpic
        Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

For the purpose of just having then I think that ENlight and ENdark would be cool addition and somewhat more useful than some of the other enspells we have. I understand there are othe spells that may fill these roles, I guess for me just the fact of having them would be cool

I still would love to have like a Stoneskin II
          Dahc Ramuh server
          San D'Oria Rank 6
          RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

Originally posted by Dahc View Post
            I still would love to have like a Stoneskin II
            Rdm doesn't need Stoneskin II >< It would either not be better hp for mp wise and people would complain about getting a junk spell or it would be better and you just buffed the endurance and indestructibility of a job that's arguably one of the most powerful if not the most powerful already in both areas.
            sigpic

Comment

RDM really doesn't need a thing; for the most part it's welcomed in exp parties, loved in endgame and special fights, and able to solo tough monsters enough to impress even the developers of the game.

Making it better would be making it broken--if it's not already so.

- Mugaku

Comment

I do agree that RDM is definately a powerhouse job and very well rounded. Although I have not full delved into the other sub job possibilities Ihave seen them used and look to get into them before going much further. I only wish that I could keep up stoneskin longer and not use up as much MP as I could find better uses for the MP. now at lvl 55 RDM My MP pool is sitting at 445. I am sure it could be alot higher, but Ifind that I am rather effective with what I have. I did see a 75 Rdm just yesterday with only 550 MP pool( needless to say he had crap gear on) so idon't feel to bad for my MP pool. but personally feel that stoneskin could be better. When I do cast it I always use my macro which has my staff equip and grip equip before I cast.

Maybe, as I said before, I need better equipment to help it last longer, but to that posses the question of what else do I need to make it better?
                Dahc Ramuh server
                San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

Stoneskin

Short answer, probably more mind. Caps at 350 damage absorbed which should be enough with the amount of enfeebles you can stick on the mob.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok so I got another Q for you guys. I have rarely revisited the Idea of upgrading my Sword. Currnetly I have the AF Sword Fencing Degen. I only ever use this when I am solo which in and of itself is a rare thing. So just while I am here at work and thinking of it ( can't access Wiki at work) What are some good weapon choices for RDM 55+
                    Dahc Ramuh server
                    San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

Elemental Staffs.

For fun, go with whatever melee weapon you like (at that level, I'd try to pick up a hornetneedle or whatever the hell that 150 Delay dagger is called).

Comment

I definately understand the Elem staffs as I currently have all but Fire and water. But my big Q was for What sword would be good at this lvl.
                        Dahc Ramuh server
                        San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

Wise Wizard Anelace is pretty much the standard sword for that level range.

Comment

kk ty Murphie
                            Dahc Ramuh server
                            San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

While I used Wise Wizard Anelace on PLD, I was very fond of my Royal Guard's Fleuret on RDM, for some reason.

Didn't upgrade until Mensur Epee, but that was mostly due to laziness. (Couldn't possibly afford Enhancing Sword... 2 mil on Ifrit. Yeesh.)

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                              X