RDM + Campaign a guide to highXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM + Campaign a guide to highXP

Hello thanks for checking this out... well its been a few months now and i figured it was time to start one of these topics up. This is essentially from my veiw, and from what i have tinkered with in campaign to net me the most XP/AN (allied notes) so feel free to add some insight too other methods.

If you follow this rough outline, you will net anywhere from 1500-2500+ xp depending rank, length of fight, and your decisions

Content

Breif on Campaign
    What to do
    Where to do it
    jobs to use

Breif on Campaign

Campaignas most of you know is a series of mini beseiged like battles, everything you do in campaign reflects your overall score and thus your XP/AN. Some of the main categories include Damage dealt, percent of damage dealt, healing, buffing, debuffing, raising, and dying.

Damage dealt= 1 point for a hit which is 5 exp/2.5 AN to a certain cap limit which changes depending on your medals

"note dual weild does not count as 2 hits 1 attack is 1 hit"

Damage percentace= 1* total % = (X)xp/ (1/2 XP)AN

Healing
    Self 1 spell 5/2.5
    Others 10/5

buff
    self 10/5
    other 20/10

debuff (must either be resisted or stick no effect gets no poitnts)
    15/7.5

Raising
    20/10

Death
    - 30+ (total points /?)
    not overly sure on how death is equated into the stuff but its at least -30 xp seems to be more as the battle goes on

esentially as you see above all these things are things RDM can do above all other jobs

we can enfeeble, we can raise, cure, buff, attack, and die making us a pretty deadly campaing job.

What to do

What you want to do in campaign is everything, you want to be the jack of all trades, seeing as most things cap out you want to change it up so you dont hit the cap to soon.

here is a breif description of how i battle

pull a mob with something other than dia or bio preferably a enfeeble(doing this allows you to have claim of a mob first an debuff it at will)

take it back to a group of people and fight it

buff yourself with haste refresh and an enspell (stoneskin if you wish some mobs have nasty aoe)

hack away at the mob using ws every time you reach 100%

dispell the mob as soon as it uses a buff (occurs every few seconds)
    - be sure to do it first many others will use their debuff moves to try and do it as well rendering yours no effect so no points

continue to do this until battle is over and you will net the points i have said

another way to get points is to try and pull a few mobs and keep them slept of to the side of main fight this will get you plenty of points usuallly about 3 sleeps will keep mob away until ready for fight (note mobs will link if they are together so one spell is enough to pull 2-3 of them)

an alternative way to gain xp is to kite mobs which i do if the rest of campain seems to be killing them quickly

basically pull 2 mobs leave the main mob for the others and pull link away and start kiting it around using bind gravity bio 2 poison 2 this will give you good xp, keep your focus on the original mobs death so you can just pull it to a group and start over.

also cast cures on randoms, buffs on randoms and raise these little extras add up greatly
    use pro 4 shell 4 so it will override (except pro/shell 5)
    *note its not how much you cure for its the spell itself so just drop cure 1's on people and conserve MP*

doing these things will greatly increase your productivity in terms of XP/AN

Where to do it

Beastmen control areas are the places to go, why?

because you dont have to wait for mobs to come to you
    mobs wont come in groups and are easier to pull off
    mobs will not be inclined to ignore you and head to the fortification you defend

also you can avoid unessacary encounters with the NM's which generally lead to mass deaths of everyone in the area.

What to use and why

personally all i have used is the following /whm /nin /blm

/whm

really all this gets you is reraise which is nice but generally there are plenty of people around who will be their raising (lvl 50 blm whm rdm smn) due to the fact they are generally too weak to effectivley damage enfeeb a mob

/nin

is a ok sj choice if you can get ninjitsu enfeebs to stick which is rare dual weild isnt necassary since your overall damage wont amount to much anyhow. Utsu is nice for pulling and is another buff for some extra points.

/blm

my personal choice, sleepga is incredibly valuable, 6 extra enfeebles which stick fairly often, more mp which makes you last longer in battles, the additional INT helps for bind gravity and sleep, personally for the outline above this job is the end all be all for rdm in campaign as far as i have dabbled

if anyone has tinkered with /drk /blu /pld id love to have some input and will add it to this, if you dont have a problem with that. I would like this to get worked on by the whole rdm community so we can all have something to look at for information on getting the most out of campaign as possible.

thanks for checking this out and i hope this helps you out in your campaign adventures please post any of your strategies, job combos, etc. so we can make this something worthwhile.
    Last edited by Glued; 01-20-2008, 07:56 PM. Reason: /cry was fixing this and hit escape ill do it tomorrow

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: RDM + Campaign a guide to highXP

Originally posted by Glued View Post
    - be sure to do it first many others will use their debuff moves to try and do it as well rendering yours no effect so no points
    Playing a mixture the usual party cooperative RDM mixed in with a bit DD'ing, I managed 3.2k+ exp earlier in a Campaign party. (Fought off two waves > performance evaluation > get 2.1k+ > new Allied Tag > fought another wave > get another 1.1k+ when Campaign battle ended.)

Wasn't trying to be competitive with enfeebs or debuffs at all.

Basically, did the normal Haste/Refresh thing for myself and party members, back-up cured, raised a few people, performed minor crowd control, and casted some enfeebling spells--about the only big difference from exp/merit party is spending some quality time with sword, on /assist tank.

3.2k isn't too shabby, I think; you don't have to play it like every man for himself to get decent experience points. Cooperative play is more fun anyway, IMO.

What truly improves experience points is a constant flow of monsters. That means getting those mythical "bonus waves" by killing the NMs (and NQs?) fast. Supposedly.

Some people pat themselves on the back for getting 2k+ soloing a critter by dragging it away from everyone else or intercepting one early. The way I see it, helping everyone kill faster means more monsters to kill. Get some exp per wave, then use the performance evaluation and get a new Allied Tag. Repeat on next wave. The exp should add up fast.

Every so often, Campaign Battle seems to be glitch'ed, and the monsters take forever to get there.

In that case, just stay near the C.A., and buff yourself, PCs, and any NPC around. Then, get an evaluation, and a new Campaign Tag after a few minutes. Vola! A few hundred experience points while you wait for the main event.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

interesting to know i have yet to really party in campaign at all generally i just go solo find a tank class and haste him while i fight, sure you can join a party for adding refresh which will help alot, i appreciate the notes and if you dont mind would like to add it to a partying in campign section if you have anymore info on it, perhaps i will try it today too.

also i had to start over in terms of rank, helped afriend do windys quest and mistakingly transfered to the army there and to get back to bastok had to sacrafice my medal so now im back to just getting 2.5K max and in my campaign areas (pashow, garlaige) the npc's are always a ways away from battle so i just cap out and then swing for fun

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

You might want to format that post a little better. Try bolding the headlines of each segment, and spacing things out a bit more between topics.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Glued View Post
          if you dont mind would like to add it to a partying in campign section if you have anymore info on it, perhaps i will try it today too.
          I don't mind.

By the way, you need to work on your English a bit if you want your guide to be accessible. If you're not used to proper English, keep each sentence to one idea and one idea only--when the idea is done, put a period behind it. (Period does not denote the end of a paragraph.) Do not keep connecting one idea after another with commas and more commas. Proper capitalization will also improve the legibility of your writing.

Better formatting would help as well, as Malacite indicated.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Just tried out RDM/WAR in a Campaign that ended moments ago.

ProIV+Gear+Defense Bonus I and food puts me at 480 DEF (600 with Defender). Add in Genbu's, Cheviot Cape and Phalanx and the damage taken was pretty minimal. NIN Yags were hitting from 0-8, SAMs were 0-25. Aquaveil kept interruptions few and far between, even with 8 mobs on me. Can safely hold about 4 mobs with no problem. Keep them off the Fortifications and move them near other groups so people can pick them off when they are done with theirs. Also doesn't hurt to cure people nearby, but that has nothing to do with the specific sub :p

Got 2015/1111, one death because I was in the pathing for a second wave....7 SAMs+1 NIN will wear you down at some point...

I'd try /BLU for Cocoon, but my BLU is level 6 and Double attack with dagger is much fun.

EDIT: Just did a Bastok Campaign. Tried a different strat of holding mobs while helping others kill theres and healing/hasting the tank. Worked pretty well. Quadav THFs did 0-10, WHMs did 0-30, with Ore Toss topping at ~130.

(I hate Bastok's NPCs with a passion. Keeping the mobs away from them was part of the reason I slightly changed tactics. Worked out better for everyone anyway)
            Last edited by Gobo; 01-20-2008, 06:59 PM.
            sigpic
            Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Working...
            X