I finally got to start the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got to start the game.

Well just installed FFXI last night and picked RDM. So far I like it and had a few questions.

1. When do I start learning about a sub job?

2. From other fellow RDM's what is your sub job? What makes it beneficial?

3. Are there any RDM specific missions/quests early in the game?
    Last edited by MyNameIsCooler; 04-06-2007, 09:09 AM.

Re: I finally got to start the game.

1. At level 18.

2.) BLM and WHM, and later on you could sub DRK, NIN, BLU, BRD, SMN, WAR, THF or really, just about anything you wanted to.

3.) No.

Comment

Originally posted by MyNameIsCooler View Post
      Well just installed FFXI last night and picked RDM. So far I like it and had a few questions.

1. When do I start learning about a sub job?

2. From other fellow RDM's what is your sub job? What makes it beneficial?

3. Are there any RDM specific missions/quests early in the game?
      1. You can unlock subjobs at level 18, the items required are damselfly worm, Magicked skull and crab apron. When you hit 18, got talk to the old elvaan man in Selbina, he'll be on your far left from where you get off the boat.

2. Black Mage and White Mage are common subjobs for RDM at early levels, /WHM is actually fairly common until you can access spells like Drain and Aspir from /BLM. RDM can actually use many other subjobs, like Ninja, Dark Knight, Summoner and Warrior for other situations, but WHM and BLM are the most common amoung them. Dark Knight and Ninja are extremely good for solo, but you can solo just fine with /WHM or /BLM, too.

3. Nothing really job-specific save for getting spell scrolls. Job specific quests come in the 50s in the form of Artifact Armor quests (AF), in which you can obtain armor that resembles the job armors found in other FF games.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        1. You can unlock subjobs at level 18, the items required are damselfly worm, Magicked skull and crab apron. When you hit 18, got talk to the old elvaan man in Selbina, he'll be on your far left from where you get off the boat.
        That's if you do the Selbina quest. There is one in Mhaura that can be easier/faster since the bloody robe seems to drop a whole lot more frequently from any Bogy then the Skull does from any Ghoul. You will however, need to ask specifically for help to do the Mhaura quest whereas often to get the skull you can just show up in Gusgen and shout for some help.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
          That's if you do the Selbina quest. There is one in Mhaura that can be easier/faster since the bloody robe seems to drop a whole lot more frequently from any Bogy then the Skull does from any Ghoul. You will however, need to ask specifically for help to do the Mhaura quest whereas often to get the skull you can just show up in Gusgen and shout for some help.
          Problem is those bogys could easily wipe a low level PT and Valkurm is the more common EXP spot, hence why I detailed that instead of the Mhaura quest.

Comment

For RDM subbing, you could get to 75 on WHM sub alone and noone will question it. There have been situations I would have wanted my BLM sub up to par in soloing/stuff besides exping. But I'm going to be staticing with a WHM when me and my PLD friend hit 56, so the Escape necesity isn't that serious(although it would work better with my 2hr). But yea, for other things NIN, PLD and all the subs Murphie mentioned are helpful for RDM. It's a pretty versatile job as you go up in level.
            Cleverness - Hades
            75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
            DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Working...
            X