+MND/INT vs +Enfeeb Skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +MND/INT vs +Enfeeb Skill

Ok, so I am now faced with the choice of whether or not to get the Spider Torque right now.

While I know I will get it at somepoint, I am questioning whther or not it is worth right now.

I dont have a problem generally landing enfeebs, so I'd rather go with the +MND or +INT for more proc rate.

Right or wrong?

Re: +MND/INT vs +Enfeeb Skill

I'd go with the spider/enfeebling torque. When you fight maat, you're going to want to land your enfeebles, not assume that you're fine enough with capped enfeebling magic.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I will definately be getting it, but as I said, is it really necessary RIGHT now, seeming as I dont have any trouble with capped enfeeb, esp against T-VT mobs?

Comment

IF you're having some rather noticable difficulty in landing your debuffs, I would recomend you getting the Spider/enfeeb. However, if you are satasfied with your current resist rate, by all means, stack up the mnd/int+

When Accuracy is covered, straight MND/INT is the way to go for potency, which should be a primary consirn for Red Mage enfeebles.

So don't worry about it.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
          I will definately be getting it, but as I said, is it really necessary RIGHT now, seeming as I dont have any trouble with capped enfeeb, esp against T-VT mobs?
          If you can land enfeebles fine on VT mobs with a torque, then there's no reason to get one now. Always look toward the future though ^^ Gonna wanna get one some-day.

Comment

You can use the enfeeble torque for like, the rest of your life. So I really recommend it. Can never get it too early.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Right now the enfeebling torque is making me wnat to cry. I've never been this mad about a video game. See the "pet peeve" thread for more details, as I really don't want to go all into it right now.

I want it, but I can't have it.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                Right now the enfeebling torque is making me wnat to cry. I've never been this mad about a video game. See the "pet peeve" thread for more details, as I really don't want to go all into it right now.

I want it, but I can't have it.
                Lack of money? :/

Comment

Oh, no, I have the money for the price it has held steady at for about three weeks, up until two days ago when someone jacked up the price by 500k. Who the f*ck does that?
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Oh, no, I have the money for the price it has held steady at for about three weeks, up until two days ago when someone jacked up the price by 500k. Who the f*ck does that?
                    Weird stuff like that happens on seraph too. The price of woodsman rings shot from 200k to a mil in the course of one day. Nobody know how or why.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                      You can use the enfeeble torque for like, the rest of your life. So I really recommend it. Can never get it too early.
                      I agree with this sentiment. If it were me, I'd forget about the spider torque and skip straight to enfeebling torque, but that depends on your money situations.

According to some tests done over on alla (http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.h...;num=23;page=1), increasing enfeebling magic skill does not only increase the accuracy of the spell like we once thought, but it also has an effect on the average duration and potency of enfeebles just like stacking int or mnd does. As such, even if you're satisfied with your resist rate I think it would be a good idea to stack on as much +skill gear as you can in addition to int or mnd as appropriate. Since we think of each as having diminishing returns, it stands to reason that you would get a better return from pushing both stats up in a balance rather than focusing on one or the other.

Since you can only get +skill in so many equipment slots, I generally stack on all I can and then use whatever other slots are available for int and mnd. It gets easier at 72 when you can throw on some errant pieces for a big boost, but even at 65 you should be able to get over +20 mnd pretty easily using only slots that don't have +skill pieces.
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Enfeebling Torque is tricky and the low drop rate of Spider Torque off Dune Widow doesn't help matters, but I'd make an effort to at least get the Spider Torque because it will go a long way in helping you land your enfeebles.

Also, if you're willing to take a pass on MP/ING foods, I'd reccomend Goblin Mushpots which can be bought from the goblin shop in Lower Jeuno. Its a three hour food that gives +10 MND. You're elvaan, so clearly you would have the edge on my Taru in MND, but since the core enfeebles RDM uses are MND-based, it couldn't hurt if you have the MP and INT gear elsewhere to drop MP/INT foods. Most people prefer Marron Glace, but I always used the mushpots.

If you're from Windurst, there are also the Master Caster Bracelets, which are godly for landing enfeebles. You'd need Rank 8 to get them and the +7 to enfeebling, elemental and Dark magic is only in effect for your nation's conquested zones, but its great for those situations.

Comment

Get a Spider instead. There is only 2 points in skill+ between them, which you won't notice for the majority of things, and it's easier to go camp the Dune Widow then it is to do the BCNM to get the Enfeebling Torque.

Personally, I camped the Dune Widow over a few days pretty casually. 11 kills later I had my Spider Torque and was 200,000 gil or so richer.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            If you're from Windurst, there are also the Master Caster Bracelets, which are godly for landing enfeebles. You'd need Rank 8 to get them and the +7 to enfeebling, elemental and Dark magic is only in effect for your nation's conquested zones, but its great for those situations.
                            Minor correction, its +7 elemental and +7 enfeeble, no + to dark skill. And its for areas outside Nations control.

Anyway, if you are not going to do any endgame crap on RDM, then Spider Torque works just fine for pretty much all other situations (including Dynamis/Limubs/Salvage, only PLD mobs will be any trouble). However for endgame situations, until about 300 skill, every bit counts. Past 300, you will probably begin to get diminishing returns. I sit around 303/310 (ToAU vs Non-ToAU) and really the only thing I have trouble sticking is Slow II on Khimera, which oddly is very hard to stick. (ohh how I hate Khimera, I hate your Fumulation, your building resistance to stun, your stupidly annoying WS, thank god we only need 1 more sword) err sorry
                            sigpic
                            Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

MND/INT/Skill/Accuracy depends on what you're fighting and what you're casting.

In general, this is what I've gathered from other conversations herein on the subject:

When casting Slow/Paralyze/Blind/Elemental Enfeebles:

The effect of these spells are affected by your primary casting attribute (either MND or INT). The former spells, Slow/Paralyze/Blind, are relatively low recast time and are cheap (Slow is an iffy possible exception). Therefore, stack on +MND unless you can't land it reliably then go for +Skill/+Magic Accuracy. Blind's effect is less dependent on +INT (or so the legend goes), so it's not nearly as important to stack +INT, but the quick recast makes it a trivial matter (why not go for more power?). The Elemental Enfeebles' damage is directly and powerfully affected by +INT. Load it up to the appropriate "tier" (there are tiers but I don't know them offhand maybe someone else can provide this insight), but without compromising your land probability.

When casting Silence/Gravity/Stun:

These are spells that have a "fixed" effect--e.g. they're all or nothing. Load up the +Skill/+Accuracy on these and ignore MND/INT unless you feel that your differential MND/INT is causing you to fail (Differential is basically Your MND/INT - Target's MND/INT) in which case you should add just enough that you feel you have reached "equilibrium". "Equilibrium" for me is loading on +Stat gear on the slots where +Skill/+Accuracy doesn't go.

That's basically it. On Elemental and Dark magic, RDM generally goes for +Skill/+Accuracy since he is lower on the totem pole skill-wise. On Healing magic, try to maintain a good soft-cap number.

Always use the appropriate Elemental Staff. The staves are more important than the torque unless you're discussing the All-or-None spells (e.g. Silence).

Comment

Working...
                              X