+MND and +INT vs E. Staves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +MND and +INT vs E. Staves

Ok so I currently use a Rose Wand +1 for +6 MND/INT which is pretty cool I think.

When I hit 51, and start using the E. Staves (NQ)....

Which do you think is more efficient?

I know using the elemental stave enhances that element spell, but by how much? I mean, I'll use the Staves anyway but just wondering how close the +6 MND/INT comes to the E Staves.

Re: +MND and +INT vs E. Staves

here's an example for firestaff:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Fire_Staff
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Yes but going by % - then I can see that the % bonus will be much much more usful later on. But is there a chance that +6INT/MND actually more of a bonus at this early stage?

Comment

there is an elemental damage formula in the black mage forums and the ffxi wikki (iirc). if you plug the numbers in and do the math, i believe (didn't do the actual math myself) that the % bonus from staves out-weigh the +6 stat bonus.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
          Yes but going by % - then I can see that the % bonus will be much much more usful later on. But is there a chance that +6INT/MND actually more of a bonus at this early stage?
          No. Buy all the staves. Rose wand is only good for level 50 capped stuff. As far as casting elemental spells, switch to that staff and either the spell will be 10% more accurate, deal 10% more damage, or last 10% longer.
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Elemental Staves Onry. Spell resistance is a huge issue in the 50s without them. You can get more than enough INT from food and other gears.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
              what nt said. ffxiclopedia has a whole lot of stuff to read up on. just dig around and you'll almost find everything you'll ever want to know.

Comment

thanks again

Comment

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Calculating_Magic_Damage

link to calculation itself.

Comment

Would someone be considered gimped if they didn't use Staves? I mean, Red Mages don't even HAVE a Staff skill, and they ARE supposed to be a mixture of Magic and Melee. But that's a whole other debate I'd rather not have brought up.

But the Blue Mages kinda stole the spotlight as the true Blue MageKNIGHTs that the Red Mages were supposed to be . . . I'm kinda upset about that . . .
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

I would consider a RDM to be gimping themselves if they didn't use staves, yes. They aren't using them to melee, so that's kind of a moot point. When RDM do melee, they use a sword or dagger, which is far more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                        I would consider a RDM to be gimping themselves if they didn't use staves, yes. They aren't using them to melee, so that's kind of a moot point. When RDM do melee, they use a sword or dagger, which is far more effective.
                        Who needs staves when you have a joy toy?
                        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                          Would someone be considered gimped if they didn't use Staves? I mean, Red Mages don't even HAVE a Staff skill, and they ARE supposed to be a mixture of Magic and Melee. But that's a whole other debate I'd rather not have brought up.
                          But the Blue Mages kinda stole the spotlight as the true Blue MageKNIGHTs that the Red Mages were supposed to be . . . I'm kinda upset about that . . .
                          i think we ought to stay away from what jobs were 'meant' to be because that causes a large debate about what really defines the job. yea, rdm are historically geared with swords and stuff but that doesnt mean they are a mixture of melee and magic.

however, in this game, ffxi (not any other ff), 95% of all situations a rdm would not be wearing a sword. elemental staves not only add dmg to your elemental magic spells but it also helps your enfeebles to stick also. which is an rdm's main job next to buffing/pt support.

the 5% that rdm whip out their sword or dagger is when they solo or out of pure necessity. even during solo, rdm's strength still does not lie in its sword but in its ability to outlast its opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                            I don't have a Joy toy. Way to rub it in my face, Mog.

I hate you so much!

Comment

Would someone be considered gimped if they didn't use Staves?
                              Yes, and even if you have some of them, you might be gimping yourself. RDM pretty much must have a Dark Staff, Ice Staff, Light Staff and Wind Staff. If you have to space out your purchases of them, that order is a pretty good order to get them in, though you will need a Dark and Ice staff as soon as you hit 51.

You also may find yourself getting the rest of the staves as you get Tier 3 Nukes and choose to hit magic bursts.

Red Mages don't even HAVE a Staff skill
                              You're not getting the elemental staves to swing at mobs.

Originally posted by Mog
                              Red Mages in EXP parties.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X