This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 spellcasters + Main Heal = NO

depends on the PT set up too, before weapons in romeve/sky, when we fought crawlers in boyada we don't really have much room to seperate anything so I basicly sing only ballad for mages pld and drk :D that saved me tons of sitting time and give me chance to train my sword/dagger for a long long time.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
      I made the mistake of forming a party last night (yes, my own fault, chalk it up to temporary insanity) where I ended up as main healer with 4 spellcasters:

PLD SAM RNG BLM BLM RDM

My preference would have been to sub Bard, but couldn't since we were fighting Anticans in Quicksands (Silena).

All I can say is, at level 51, even as a tarutaru with really, really good gear, I couldn't keep up with the MP demands of 4x Refresh while main healing on a PLD while trying to cast Paralyze, Slow, and Silence and tossing Dispels.

Hardly any time to /heal between fights meant I was bleeding MP like crazy even when I wasn't chaincasting Dispel, and I wasn't getting much help from the BLMs either.

Just shoot me if I ever try anything like that again.

Icemage
      In a party of that nature, the other members of your team had no right ot ask so much of you, especially if they didn't forsee the results.

In parites where I am main healer, I forego my normal RDM duties, sticking primarily to healing, Refresh, and Dispel(when I can fit it in), and then enfeebles(if I really have some room to breathe). For the most part, in mana-heavy situations as the one you described, The other members will be lucky to get a Dispel out of me, since what they asked of me was primary healer--and then I give them the tradeoff of my more exclusive usage of Refresh.

They can't get pissed, it's what they asked for, and something's gotta give.

Comment

It's usually the people that have no idea of how to play a mage that complain the most. They don't realize that some spells have a longer cast time. One melee spammed the chat for Gravity over and over even though the recast time was not up. Many times paladins are barking for refresh the millisecond that it wears off not realizing that I just cast it on someone and it will take a few seconds for me to cast on them.

They also don't realize the mp cost. The pt I was in where everyone needed refresh was maddening. 240 mp and by the time I was done casting on the last person, I could just about take a breath and then start the cycle all over again.

So for anyone who hasn't played a mage job, be gentle with your rdm if you get a decent one. If your rdm is running out of mp, ask them nicely "Wow how much mp does XXX spell cost you?" or if its taking them a while to recast ask them nicely "Man, what is the recast on XXX spell?" Then look at your pt, see how many people need XXX spell etc. Good rdm's are quite busy and don't get a lot of downtime. Appreciate them because there are a lot of bad ones out there. LOL
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

No kiddin', Red Mage is exhausting is hell. I wonder if that's why I like it so much...

Comment

Working...
          X