This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead forum

yup... guess we're all too busy casting refresh to drop by..

Re: Dead forum

/ma Raise NuLLiFy
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

^^ I dont think its so much that we're dead- I think that like a sucessful linkshell, we are all pretty much at a point where we dont need babysitting. To elaborate on this to make it clearer, I'll use one of my LSs as an example.

It used to be we'd all get together for AF Sundays, as we called them. This meant that we'd all vote on the forum for which coffer/chest keys to hunt and then we'd all go scouting for where the chest was. There were times when we'd need to reschedule because we simply had too many peeps to look out for ;

Now, I come back after my 3 months, and there arent any LS events really planned. Outside of the HLs doing ZMs together and the other HLs in Dynamis, there isnt much of anything for us Mid-Range ppl (fyi, 60 is halfway point of game based on exp).

So my point is that there isnt really any new pressing info that needs a direct post. I've stopped asking questions along the lines of needing help because my job has been the same since 55 -.-;;; (no need to elaborate, because everyone here has the same resume) and will be the same far into the future.
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

or... can it be? have people started to use the search button for the common, simple questions?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I think it's the result of communities consolidating.

Sadly, ffxionline.com no longer seems to be the major hub it used to be. ffvault is also suffering from the same.

I'd say the two biggest NA FFXI communities are KillVoid and Allakazahm right now.
          Pounce (RETIRED) Mithra Bastok R.7 Titan server
          DRG 62 | RDM 65 | WAR 34 | SAM 30 | WHM 33 | BLM 33 | THF 15

(guess my name =P) Mithra Bastok R.1 Titan server
          MNK 18 | WAR 3
          Future NIN -_-

Comment

Quiet isnt a bad thing. I personally think its better than repeat questions, constant flaming and other mindless spam just to have an "active" forum /em goes back to the White Mage area

Comment

KillVoid is dead if we're talking in terms of intellegence. Allakhazam is ok, but it's usually limited to server drama and karma whores who the mods and admins refuse to do anything about. This place is just fine.

/em wonders if Baka-chan would ever come back and spice things up.

Comment

Working...
              X