any one snapshot test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one snapshot test?

ok so im been working on my tp build for rng and need some help before i redo my acp body or get the "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" head :p

any ways here is my math for snapshot
    d=delay
    x= snapshot
    y= time in sec for attack

(d/110)*[1-(x/100)]+1.7~1.8 + 1.1 = y

is this right?

Velocity Shot 15
    Merit 10

Body

Mirke 5 or 10???
    Ebon Jerkin 5 or 3????

Head
    Anwig Salade 3%
    Zha'Go's Barbut ???
    Ebon Visor ???

i know people have said the mirke is 10% but i never seen any testing, and i was told today my ebon jerkin that i tought was giving me 5%
    was 3%(seemed about right with the speed i was shooting but so dose 3%) but ya he had no testing it was just what he was told,
    here is my thoughts, what ever the ebon body's % is, the head might be the same and maybe the
    Zha'Go's Barbut as well, making the Barbut clearly the best item for a snapshot tp biuld, but if its 5% the Ebon visor is debatably better then the Anwig(that would free it up to be a much better WS item).

meaning atm the best set would be 33%-40% snapshot

making the

490 delay of the Ebow ~5.8-~5.5 sec 20.5%-24.6% faster
    640 delay of the hellfire+1 ~6.7-~6.3 sec 22.9%-27.5% faster

seeing as its realy hard to tell .3sec dose anyone know a way to clock ranged attacks in milliseconds?

Re: any one snapshot test?

Snapshot is like Haste in that more is always better, I'm not keen on the math behind it, but I was extremely satisfied with my rate of fire the more Snapshot I had..

Do not waste ACP body on +10 Ranged Accuracy. There is AF body and Pahluwan Kazagand that offer +10 Ranged Accuracy. If accuracy becomes an issue you have those body pieces to turn to. There's no other body in the game that offers +5 Snapshot, go for it and also +10 Ranged Attack.

MKD head, that's something I never bothered to get. I probably would have still gotten the Snapshot for TP build, but that was about it.

Comment

oh ya im a big fan of snapshot,
      but if the Mirke is +7% over my Ebon Jerkin im going to get ride of my smn body and go

snapshot +5
      Ranged Attack+10
      (or maybe "Quick Draw" ability delay -5, will see how it works after the update)

with Accuracy Bonus IV RNG start with +48 acc and a- weapon, trust me as a drk i stack all the acc i can get but on rng i dont need that much, + we might get a Accuracy Bonus V (~+61) @lv 90.

just trying to find someone who has or knows how i can test it

Comment

I've wondered increasingly about the error of my partaking into Marksmanship merits for my RNG. Back in my noob days, I preferred the gun simply because I was ADHD about having to wait and pause between shots on bow so I wouldn't draw alot of hate. With gun, it forced me to do so, thus I went that route.

However, friends who are similary geared as I am are able to pull out more damage than me over-time, and in particular, on WS. This annoyed me, but I decided I'm not going to unspend 8 Marksmanship skill levels just to feel e-peen about Archery. SO, I'm stuck with Gun. (And hey, the new Armageddon gun looks fkn dope right? My COR could use it to, so all in all it's not a total loss.)

Werein lies my response to you; I've wondered vehemently how ranged delay has worked for quite some time and I've never sat down to do the math. If anyone could benefit from ranged haste a.k.a Snapshot, it would be a Gun user.

I know that on a consistent basis, my gun, after drawing and aiming, takes about 4 seconds to shoot. I play on XBOX, so I can't really say for the difference in latency between the server and my cable modem. But it seems to shoot after 4 seconds.

I use Hellfire +1 and Silver bullets. SO that delay is 640 + 240 = 880/110 = 8 seconds flat. I know scythes out there that take longer than that to swing.

After I use ACP body Snapshot +5 and Velocity shot, I'm shooting at 4 seconds during the firing phase (not including drawing and scabarding) I currently have 0 snapshot merits. Counting the drawing and putting away, I'm like at 6.5 or such, when I count.

If I take 8 seconds and take away 20% of that, I'm coming up with 6.4; which is near what I'm doing eyeballing my shots.

However, I don't think I can subscribe to the idea of that formula you have as it's modeled after FFWiki. If you ask me, drawing, firing, and putting away all count as your entire delay from your weapon, and not in phases. They reason I suspect this is because when I use Loxley bow and my same gear/ja's, I'm firing and completing the shot even before I pull the bow out, about a split second. The animation of pulling the bow out gets completely sidestepped by the shot and within less than a second flat I'm ready to shoot again. Loxley Bow is just simply sick in that department.

So, I'm currently subscribing to the idea that Mirke Wardecors Snapshot is 5% ranged haste and that there's no such thing as three phases to firing a ranged weapon. But I welcome anyone with differing suggestions.

On a side note, I guess if I got the Barbut thingy with +3% and 10% from merits, that's 13%. Totaling: 5+13+15 = 33%. 8 seconds * 0.33 = 2.64 or 5.36 seconds. Which means going from 6.5 to 5.3 in shooting is pretty nice in my book for a Gun. BUt since the Barbut is not too terribly easy to obtain, I would sit at 5.6 with merits. Still, not bad. Bow is still outparsing me, but who in their right mind is going to erase 8 spent skill levels that equalled 21 merits or 210,000xp? x_X;;;;;;;;;;

Something I Forgot to mention; I noticed that Rapid Shot kicks in very wildly. Sometimes I can shoot instantly upon aiming my gun, sometimes it reduces my firing by 1 or 2 seconds. It's very radical in the amount of time reduced in firing. I can't take wiki at face value that says the reduction is always put to 0. It seems very non-static to me.

The rate of proc for Rapid Shot, I've found is less than stellar. Hitting about about 13 times in 100 shots I counted this morning. 13% is kinda like Double Attack in feeling... with no Mods from WAR. But ya know, eyeballing that too is something of a strain....
        Last edited by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon; 06-28-2010, 12:32 AM.
        °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
        sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
          Werein lies my response to you; I've wondered vehemently how ranged delay has worked for quite some time and I've never sat down to do the math. If anyone could benefit from ranged haste a.k.a Snapshot, it would be a Gun user.

I know that on a consistent basis, my gun, after drawing and aiming, takes about 4 seconds to shoot. I play on XBOX, so I can't really say for the difference in latency between the server and my cable modem. But it seems to shoot after 4 seconds.
          With 15% snapshot from Velocity Shot and Snapshot+5 from ACP body, you're looking at (640 * 0.8) / 110 = 4.65s firing delay, so your number is pretty close.

I use Hellfire +1 and Silver bullets. SO that delay is 640 + 240 = 880/110 = 8 seconds flat. I know scythes out there that take longer than that to swing.
          Ammo delay is not used for calculating firing speed; it should be patently obvious that your gun does not take 8 seconds per shot. The easiest way to verify this is to compare the speed of a 582 delay Musketeer Gun with 240 delay bullets (822 "total delay") to that of a 720 delay Sarnga with 90 delay arrows (810 "total delay"). If ammo delay determines firing speed, the Sarnga should be slightly faster than the Musketeer Gun; in practice, Sarnga loses in a landslide.

However, I don't think I can subscribe to the idea of that formula you have as it's modeled after FFWiki. If you ask me, drawing, firing, and putting away all count as your entire delay from your weapon, and not in phases. They reason I suspect this is because when I use Loxley bow and my same gear/ja's, I'm firing and completing the shot even before I pull the bow out, about a split second. The animation of pulling the bow out gets completely sidestepped by the shot and within less than a second flat I'm ready to shoot again. Loxley Bow is just simply sick in that department.
          How does this refute the ranged attack model on the wiki? Loxley Bow has 120 base delay, or a little over a second. Add in V.Shot/ACP body and you're looking at a max of 0.87s from the time you push CTRL+D to the moment the shot is fired. Any Rapid Shot proc will cut this time even further.

Furthermore, if the wiki model is wrong and delay is delay (including ammo, even though we just disproved that), Loxley Bow with 90 delay arrows (and V.Shot/ACP body) should be able to fire one shot every 1.52 seconds (measured from the start of one shot to the start of the next shot). This is clearly not possible in practice, even with generous Rapid Shot procs.

Something I Forgot to mention; I noticed that Rapid Shot kicks in very wildly. Sometimes I can shoot instantly upon aiming my gun, sometimes it reduces my firing by 1 or 2 seconds. It's very radical in the amount of time reduced in firing. I can't take wiki at face value that says the reduction is always put to 0. It seems very non-static to me.
          Rapid Shot is a varying reduction in firing delay, working in a manner similar to that of Conserve MP (random fractional reductions). It does not reduce firing delay (or any other delay) to 0.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

Working...
          X