RNG/WAR and +1 STR = 2.25 RATTK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNG/WAR and +1 STR = 2.25 RATTK?

I've been browsing a few forums looking for info on Ranger, and I see a lot of discussions where players notice a damage increase after using Berserk? How is this possible?

I also read a thread regarding how STR/RATTK/AGI balances out, and in that thread it stated that 1 STR = 2.25 RATTK; does this have any weight to it? Ideally if you can land hits well on a mob, a Flame Ring would give you +11.25 RATTK?

My Ranger is currently 68, btw.

Also, what food should I be using? Last night I was in a party @61 doing Colibri and I was /SAM with Vulcan staff+Axe grip, and I tossed on some Bison Steak (had it in inventory) just for shits and giggles (was with LS mates) and after that I missed so ridiculously much, I had to run to town to remove the food effect (after coming back /NIN and using bream sushi, I hit just fine afterwards.) Is RATTK+ food best saved for later levels?
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: RNG/WAR and +1 STR = 2.25 RATTK?

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
    I also read a thread regarding how STR/RATTK/AGI balances out, and in that thread it stated that 1 STR = 2.25 RATTK; does this have any weight to it? Ideally if you can land hits well on a mob, a Flame Ring would give you +11.25 RATTK?
    What forum are you visiting, Killing Ifrit? Ranged Attack is analogous to Attack, in that 2 STR = 1 point of it. So don't start investing in Flame Rings any time soon. AGI affects Ranged Accuracy similarly.

Also, Berserk does, for whatever reason, also increase Ranged Attack by some percentage, apparently.

Ranged Attack - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

As for things like food, that is something that would actually require somebody who has played the job to tell you.
    Last edited by Yellow Mage; 04-25-2010, 01:10 PM. Reason: I mean, seriously, I think even Alla is better than that at this point.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Why wouldn't a damage increase be possible after using Berzerk? A boost to attack stats is what Berzerk does.

At any rate, focusing on a STR/Attack build is most practical after 70 when you have your fourth and final Accuracy Bonus trait. Also, given Sidewinder/Slugshot are both highly inaccurate, you're bound to see a drop-off in accuracy the second you switch to meat from accuracy goods.

What gear are you using? That's the big question here.

Comment

Right now I'm Lv.70;

Main: Fransisca
        Off-hand: Kriegsbeil
        Head: AF
        Body: AF
        Hands: Akinji
        Legs: Akinji
        Feet: Rutter sabatons / War boots
        Ring1/2: Behemoth rings
        Back: Amemit+!
        Waste: Precise belt
        Neck: Ranger's necklace
        Ranged: O. bow / Hellfire / selene's
        Ears: Ladbuy+1 during the day, Drone,/Minuet/Triumph situational

Switched to Pot-au-feu for food;

I'm trying to find the post where I read about 1 STR = 2.25 RATTK, I know it was on ZAM/Alla somewhere, but for the life of me I can't locate it.
        Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Ranged Attack - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Determines the damage done by a Ranged Attack. Similar to attack, every 2 STR will give 1 Ranged Attack.

Formula:

Ranged Attack = {( 8 + Combat Skill + STR/2 + (+ Ranged Attack from gear) + (+attack trait/ability/minuet)) * berserk effect (if available)} * (1+ percentage increase from food )

Every 2 STR also increases DMG by 1 (it's a 4:1 ratio for melee). Berserk has a dramatic effect on ranged attacks, which is why high level rangers stack as much +ranged attack as possible (that and you get +48 racc from passive traits on an A rated weapon)

Generally speaking, ranged attack and snapshot are the two most powerful stats as a RNG. It's also why any BRD who gives you prelude over minuet should be shot on site unless, for some reason, you're actually struggling to hit something. Nothing turbo charges your damage like 2x Minuet (save an XI Chaos Roll +DRK, that shit's just EVIL! )
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

What about when holding a two-handed weapon? I've been gone two years so excuse the unsurity here, but isn't there something regarding 1 STR=1Attack (or +3 STR = 2 Attack, or something) for two-handed weapons, how does that effect RATTK?
            Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
              how does that effect RATTK?
              It doesn't. When using a two-handed weapon, 4 STR = 3 Attack. When using a one-handed weapon, 4 STR = 2 Attack. Either way, 4 STR = 2 Ranged Attack.
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

What YM said. Ranged attack and accuracy are completely separate from your main weapon's ratings.

This is one reason I'm so in love with XIV - These stats are actually shown for once, and there are no sub weapons (at least not yet) so when you equip a Bow to become an Archer, you just go by what your accuracy and attack stats show. There are no separate, hidden ranged stats like in XI.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

STR vs. RAtk vs. AGI for the end-game RNG: Some answers :: ZAM

Here we are, found the article.

Does this have legitimacy to it?

Also, I realize he's talking about during a slug/winder.
                  Last edited by Tipsy; 05-01-2010, 12:40 PM.
                  Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Working...
                  X