This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse the Changes to Ranger!

An official petition to the president|director of Square Enix has been made. There are strength in numbers, even if they don't do anything please sign just to show you care. It doesn't take long, thank you.

the link:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/268530514

If you're dissatisfied with SE's update, sign this petition.

Target: Yoichi Wada President and Representative Director SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

((Reverse the Changes to Ranger))

To whom it may concern,

I myself am not a business man, but as an avid gamer I imagine the goals of a company such as Square Enix should be to keep their games fresh, keep their members happy, and of course to get as much revenue for the company as possible. The job of Ranger has been reduced to nothing now with this update. Rangers were known purely for their damage, they have nothing else to offer. We pay a substantial cost for this damage as well. It takes a lot of time to level a job, it takes a lot of time to earn the gil to pay for the job, it costs money in real life paid to your company to do all this.

I do not know an exact number, but I'm certain there are large amounts of Rangers on each server who are so disgusted with the changes they are ready to quit. I myself am one of them, I have no desire to level a new job when I put so much work into Ranger.

It's not only Rangers who are displeased with the update. The population in general is upset at Notorious Monsters no longer dropping the items they once did. While a large number of gilsellers camp those NMs, they will simply move to other ones and make those items unavailable to the average player. This move has made a mess of the ingame economy making once hard to afford items unattainable to the average player.

Ninjas are suffering the worst due to the update. Clearly SE is satisfied with how Ninja is played as a tank, or they would not give them so much Emnity + gear, with the Utsusemi changes all this update does is make the job much more expensive, as if it wasn't already. Ninjas are affected by the Ranged Attack update too, many good ninjas will use shurikens to deal damage and help hold hate, but if they're constantly missing and when they do hit deal much less damage...what is the point?

All jobs suffer from the update. Many in game events such as promyvions, missions, quests, HNM related experiences typically involve Rangers because of their respected ability to do damage necesary.

If I'm correct in assuming the goals of your company, you would want us to be pleased with the game. When gamers are dissatisfied, they find a new game to play and bring their money elsewhere. No one wants to quit, we the players have so much time invested that it makes quitting painful, but we have no reason to play anymore as it stands. We the players are asking you to give us back the Ranger's ability to deal impressive damage, we are asking you to give us back our ability to have fun in the game we have played so long. If that however does not happen, the people who were willing to sign this petition feel strongly enough that they will deactivate their accounts. Without a reason to play, we won't.

Thank you

RNG75 || BST50 || BLM60
    Rank10

Re: Reverse the Changes to Ranger!

This is pure hilarity.

And you sir, are a twit.

Learn to play RNG, don't whine.

DRG, SAM, THF, and NIN were nerfed in the past, now's your turn buddy.

What stupid elitism these people have, LEARN THE JOB AND YOU'LL SEE HOW IT WASNT NERFED! Did people _even_ read the update info? Like, d'oh.

And why do i care -.- maybe this will make people quit the game, less lag for me.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

maybe this will make people quit the game, less lag for me.
      :hoo:

Petitions wont do anything, they have their reasons for this change.

Hori retreated from battle. What a coward.
      Hori
      San d'Oria
      RDM/BLM/WHM
      (´ ゜ω゜`)
      Don't like to haste our precious NIN tank? You're not RDM, then. -Apple Pie/Grendal

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I doubt this petition will do any good at all.

Originally posted by Balfree
        This is pure hilarity.

And you sir, are a twit.

What stupid elitism these people have, LEARN THE JOB AND YOU'LL SEE HOW IT WASNT NERFED! Did people _even_ read the update info? Like, d'oh.

And why do i care -.- maybe this will make people quit the game, less lag for me.

Learn to play RNG hmmm...

this "RNG takes skill now" needs to stop, seriously, What part of "Accuracy and damage even on sweet spot is nerfed" do you NOT UNDERSTAND ? Tell me, smart ones, what kind of "skill" do I need to maximize damage on sweet spot? what skill did the ranger need to max the dmg? Seriously, walking back and forth the mob to find the max damage is NOT skill,

The worst part today is the accuracy. When I switched to steak, I went 1/8 on slug shots from the sweet spot. The party could have crusied on without me and been just fine.

What was really sad is that when I would miss for the 5th time in a row, I would get emotes from the other players comforting me. and comments like, 'poor Ranger'. It was like once they saw how bad it was, they felt genuinely sorry for me that my job was junk.

NIN75 RNG75

Comment

i heard mix feedback about rangers really. there are some that are still happy after the change. Before I make any conclusion i'll give this new system at least a month.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

My advice; accomodate yourself to the new style of play. Square isn't going to change anything. Besides, other items dropped by NMs aren't as sought-after as these, so in my opinion, this patch has is for the best.

Someone once said 'the future patch will help weed out the RNGs jumping onto the bandwagon, from the real RNGs, who are dedicated to their job, and will master it anew if forced to.' - I agree with them completely.
            Last edited by Tsikuro; 07-21-2005, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Haha, boo hoo. I think they should have upped damage on high high level mobs for all the other melees instead of just reducing it on RNG. This just makes things like a Kirin fight more of a pain in the ass I'd think.
              SAM 74

Comment

WOW stop whinning

Comment

Please, please stop telling RNGs who are expressing their feelings to this change to 'Stop Whining'. I myself am a Lv75 RNG, and I was looking forward to the new update to see what it would do to me. I didnt think it would be that bad, I thought the main goal was to get us out of melee TP, which I thought would be a fair trade. Before this update, I agree with the fact that RNGs were overpowered, but after the update, I have to argue and say that we were overly shafted than we should have been. Our damage is only even half decent now if the mob isnt even moving, and what does that do for us when many NMs are kited? We have almost become virtually useless endgame compared to what we use to be. I have recently battled a few Gods after the update and it was a complete fiasco. My damage was very sporadic for the mob was moving hither and tither making my spot completely useless. I only got lucky on a few Slugshots and when I did happen to shoot from the sweet spot, I had missed anyways since the mob was now such a 'higher' level than I. I'm not sure exactly what they did to us, but I think the problem is slightly more severe then they meant it to. I enjoy the idea of standing in a certain spot to do damage, but making us spend as much Gil as we do just to BE a damage dealer is not something we should be subject to. And to the 74 SAM that said boo hoo, its should be easy for you to understand when you ar very powerful yourself! What they did to us, is similar to them taking away your ability to gain TP so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
                    This is pure hilarity.

And you sir, are a twit.

i'm sorry, i didn't realize they halved drg, sam, thf, and nin damage 50% while kept their cost constant.

The only nerfs SAM and Drg got were TP nerfs.

Thf made it so that you actually have to be BEHIND the mob to sneak attack.

Nin's enmity nerf is negligible.

and you sir: have no fucking clue what you're talking about. There's NO skill required to find a sweet spot and hitting ctrl-d when the mob dies.

jesus christ, why don't fucking idiots stay off the internet?

Comment

Ranger is not my main job. My main job is, and always will be blackmage, but i have invested alot of time into the Ranger Class. I also agree that Rangers needed a change, but this new change is overly severe. As others have stated, there is a 25-33% damage reduction for ranged hits that are fired at point-blank range. Additionally, ranged accuracy has gone down the drain. Even with Ranged Acurracy food, it's not unusual to miss 2-3 times in a row, not to mention the infinate ammount of missed Slugshots.

I understand that SE wants this to be a team oriented game, but destroying a popular class in the name of "balance" is not the way to go about this.

From my personal experience, I have experienced a high miss rate on both normal attacks and WS, and the damage is simply mediocre on experience mobs.

Perhaps it is all for naught.. I've had two exp sessions since the patch and I cannot get over how bad i was, specifically on golems and the weps in ro meave.

There's nothing else to be said.. I guess.

Comment

I'm actually loving this change to RNG. Being a RNG/WAR I have no trouble pushing my damage high already, what I noticed is the range now has various "sweet spots" that people haven't noticed yet. If you stand just outside of range for melee yes your damage starts to return to normal again, but at certain distances I've experienced were my damage was higher then normal.

At first I thought "ehh it's decent enough", that was until I found that spot that got me 200 damage on an IT and then a 1k Barrage. It's very picky though on the distance, but I also noticed that the compass had a slight change probably to accomidate to this.

What very odd is each spot I found that was good would have spots around it that was bad. In one spot if I took just 1/2 step back my accuracy went to hell, I found spots were my accuracy was good but damage was just under normal and I found spots were my accuracy was just under normal but my damage improved greatly. I notice the compass to have 2-3 extra rings which seem to indicate damage and accuracy for the ranges.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Where exactly is this spot where you got extra dmg? I was counting off 7-10 steps and found that to be the closest to original dmg. I had thought there were 3-4 zones tops and it wasnt really picky about the 1/2 step stuff.
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                            I'm actually loving this change to RNG. Being a RNG/WAR I have no trouble pushing my damage high already, what I noticed is the range now has various "sweet spots" that people haven't noticed yet. If you stand just outside of range for melee yes your damage starts to return to normal again, but at certain distances I've experienced were my damage was higher then normal.

At first I thought "ehh it's decent enough", that was until I found that spot that got me 200 damage on an IT and then a 1k Barrage. It's very picky though on the distance, but I also noticed that the compass had a slight change probably to accomidate to this.

What very odd is each spot I found that was good would have spots around it that was bad. In one spot if I took just 1/2 step back my accuracy went to hell, I found spots were my accuracy was good but damage was just under normal and I found spots were my accuracy was just under normal but my damage improved greatly. I notice the compass to have 2-3 extra rings which seem to indicate damage and accuracy for the ranges.
                            Nice find.. now others can quiet down the ruckus maybe
                            (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruffrydasean
                              Nice find.. now others can quiet down the ruckus maybe
                              NEVER!!!
                              Though I do hope it pisses off enough ppl to make it a less played job again. After playing this weekend, I think I'm gonna stick it out. Though I really dont want to have to sub war. I hate lvl'ing that damn job. I'm also interested to see what the new 1337 job will be here in a few months. My guess is all the 75's will start lvling blm or smn. Which means theres a chance smn's will have to deal with shitty counterparts that have no clue how to do their job or have all their avatars. I'm sorry guys, if that happens its gonna suck.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                              X