Body Piece for TPing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Piece for TPing

I’ve got a few questions here that maybe some of you experts could help me out with. I always hear people talk about the almighty ‘Haste’ stat…and tbh I’ve noticed a difference with it as well. Sooooooo….would it be stupid to TP in Goliard Saio solely for the fact that it has Haste 4%?

Been working on a Haste/Acc set (so I can land hits…faster) and was wondering if I should go for this piece. I don’t have a parser or anything so I can’t tell you how great my accuracy is but I’d like to think it’s respectable (at worst). Here’s what I got

Hades Sainti --- Acc+7
    Spurrer Beret --- Acc+3 & Haste 3% (although sometimes switched with Walahra)
    Abyssea JSE Neck --- Acc+5 & +Martial Arts (just got it, forgot the name, drops of Kee$ha)
    Brutal Earring --- DA 5%
    Aurore Body --- Acc+8, Dex+4, DA 2%
    Relic Gloves --- Haste 3% & Dex+2
    Ecopihca Ring (sp) --- Acc+4
    Swift Belt --- Acc+3 & Haste 4%
    Aurore Legs --- Acc+9 & Haste 3%
    Aurore Feet --- Dex+5 & Haste 2%

I’m looking to get an Acc Earring and another Acc ring. Not sure if theirs a Back piece I should get too.

Basically that puts me at Acc+39, Dex+11, Haste 15%, +Martial Arts and Double Attack ~7%. Maybe tac on a couple more Acc points when I get another earring and ring. On top of that, I have 8/8 H2H merits and generally eat Sushi (sole or tuna).

Do you think gaining 4% haste would be better than the Acc+8, Dex+4 and DA 2% (from Aurore)

One other thing to keep in mind (if it at all matters) is I’m currently working on the DMG: 23/DA+7 Magian H2H weapon. Would I be better off sticking with Aurore body and stacking DA (assuming I go /war)?
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Re: Body Piece for TPing

Depends on the targets, nowI do not have abyssea and i do not know the requirments for ACC there, however assuming a proportional gain in stats Id wager something with a B skill would need +30 or so ACC and sushi. Which means a couple of things.

Goliard will almost always be better to TP in than anything with 8 ACC or less. It will also always be better than anything with +ATK. Now given the gear you have listed losing the Aurore boby is a loss of 10 ACC. (a 5% hit rate). Now this leaves you with roughly 430-450 ACC (all combined etc). Which should be enough to keep you at about an 85% hit rate (for example a colibri required 410 to cap at 95% and it also had an evasion bonus comparatively you need about 440-450 ACC to cap on a Mamool Ja THF). So your remaining ACC numbers should be in the ball park for about 85% which is the statistical break point (give or take a couple %) where haste becomes better than ACC.

Essentially what you have to be mindful of is use. Are you getting march and haste, or just relying on self haste, are you getting haste samba as well.

Essentially this is what your dps increase is with goliard.

1.00-.15 = .85
    1.00-.19 = .81

.81/.85 = 1.049 or a 4.9% increased value from an item with only 4.

This means that essentially yes with just gear haste goliard is equal to your current gear (slightly behind actually). However put on more haste. (spell+song+samba = 60/64)

1.00-.60 = .40
    1.00-.64 = .36

.36/.40 = 1.11 or an 11% value essentially this means goliard has now given you an extra 7% haste from its haste value, and an 11% boost over not using it.

This also means that the Aurore is now very very far behind (it only potentially increases DPS by 5% + 2% chance to DA).

for every possible combination over 20% haste you will find goliard to come out on top. That is of course mobs aren't impossible to hit, like I said earlier, I don't have abyssea and I do not know the mob stats.

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

Of the few Abyssea parties I’ve done, I would say I have a pretty decent hit rate verses Birds, Courels, Mandies & Bees. I was not the top DDer but I was certainly holding my own iirc. Especially if you add in my puppet (Rng). Again, I don’t have a parser so…I guess I have no solid proof. I did however struggle vs frogs…I can honestly say I fought the occasional frog in Nyzul Isle but that’s about it. I don’t know much about them. I hope they are more of an evasive mob than the norm. Otherwise my pride will but hurt lol.

I will say at best I would get Haste Spell since most of the time I’ll be in a party with Bsts and/or Smns, and usually 1 or 2 of them go /whm. I might even get samba on a rare occasion. Although my BBF in game (who is our DNC) is usually right beside me on pup as well. Unfortunately I rarely (if ever) get the joy of Songs…I’ve played my heart out for 75 levels and a bijillon merits…but rarely do I get to enjoy the potential of March as a melee. Being pup I don’t get into the Brd party often…

None the less, thank you for breaking it down for me. In a nutshell it seems like any time I have an additional haste (samba/song/spell) Goliard seems a little better. Despite some of the nice stats on Aurore I’m actually happier that Goliard would come out on top. One of those cases where ‘earned’ gear > cheaply purchased new gear.

If you or anyone else have suggestion on any of my other gear, I’d love to hear them. Please keep in mind though there are some things that are just out of my reach (Ukasne for example). I’m also 1 ZNM away from a Tinnin pop (armed gears ; ; ). Though I don’t have the LS to take Tinnin down, I’m sure I could find a merc group for an Enkidu Harness.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Aegis just started

Comment

I would stick with your current body for now, at least when solo. The moment you get March or Haste cast on you, put Goliard on for the haste boost because the more you have the more potent the effect (I would also advise W. Turban over the Beret just because 3 accuracy is such a minimal gain over 2 more haste)

Grats on the AF neck, the drop rates on those things are terrible. You may also wish to start grinding Magian Trials because there are a lot of very useful hand to hand weapons for PUP that greatly enhance your automaton like the +7 (I think it's 7, might be 5) MAB cat claws.

You may want to look into getting a Rajas Ring and an Ethereal Earring as well if you can grind your way through CoP and Zilart (should be a breeze now with the cap increases)

The best rings you can wear being a 1 handed DD though are probably Lava's and Kusha's for the +12 accuracy +6 attack set bonus. Barring that a pair of Toreador's Rings but those are pricey.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I would stick with your current body for now, at least when solo. The moment you get March or Haste cast on you, put Goliard on for the haste boost because the more you have the more potent the effect (I would also advise W. Turban over the Beret just because 3 accuracy is such a minimal gain over 2 more haste)
          In regards to Beret over turban, keep in mind the beret is to benefit my Rng/Pld puppet while also not gimping myself too much. The beret has Pet:+5% haste on it, which alone might not seem like much. And also keep in mind that I’m getting Pet:+haste from relic gloves AND the turbo booster/optical fiber attachments with wind maneuvers. So the Beret is benefiting 2 bodies. Turban is used when puppet is down.

Grats on the AF neck, the drop rates on those things are *terrible.* You may also wish to start grinding Magian Trials because there are a lot of very useful hand to hand weapons for PUP that greatly enhance your automaton like the +7 (I think it's 7, might be 5) MAB cat claws.
          TYVM ^^, was very excited to get it. Now if only I can get the Bst cape (2/30+ (I lost both lots obviously))

Ha, actually BOTH those cat claws are in progress (slightly mentioned on the recently created Magian topic)

You may want to look into getting a Rajas Ring and an Ethereal Earring as well if you can grind your way through CoP and Zilart (should be a breeze now with the cap increases)
          I had a Rajas…but dropped it for Tamas for my Smn and Blm…and pup if I ever /sch. I do however miss it.

The best rings you can wear being a 1 handed DD though are probably Lava's and Kusha's for the +12 accuracy +6 attack set bonus. Barring that a pair of Toreador's Rings but those are pricey.
          Ohhh yeah. How the hell could I have forgotten about those ><. /em slaps himself. I was however getting ready to purchase a Toreador ring.

Thank you for the advice ^^

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
          -Verth (90) Completed!!
          -Guttler (95) Completed!
          -Aegis just started

Comment

Just curious as I don't know much about PUP. But does Haste affect the RNG auto? AFAIK Haste has no bearing on range attacks, is this different for PUP pets? If it does not affect it, the Walmart Turban would probably be a bit nicer in a DD role (using aRNG pet) and the Beret when using a melee/tank pet.

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

No it doesn't. It will only affect it's melee.

I'm not sure about cast timers but I don't think so. You can get attachments for that anyway though.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Haste for the Rng is only on melee, however i have noticed no difference in ranged attack damage when the puppet is positioned in different spots.

so you can have your puppet meleeing (gaing TP faster for Armor Piercer) and shooting with out penatily

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Aegis just started

Comment

Well since I misread what that Item does, you made the right choice. The beret trumps W turban for PUP. Simply because you get the Auto to 30% haste (with 3x wind manuver Turbo Charger). While you yourself can only get to 24%. While you can get haste from outside sources, unless you are getting Haste + Samba and March, the your Auto will be better served with that hat. However if you do get all those things the Beret will still be more beneficial to your pup to wear.

.31/.29 = 1.06 (6% more haste for you)

.75/.70 = 1.07 ( a 7% loss for your auto.)

Even with full haste you will still be better off not using walmart. (since PUP is a heavy pet job your pets performance greatly effects you and 7 is bigger than 6 so it is better.)

sig courtesy tgm
                  retired -08

Comment

Working...
                  X