Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn’t my puppet cast ; ;

Sorry for the long post…bored at work

I’m currently a lvl 68pup/war and spent most of that time soloing with whm frame. By now I have a pretty solid idea on how/when casting works with the whm. I’m assuming the blm frame is very similar to whm in terms of casting.

I’m in a PetLS who regularly kills Pallas (from the past) for shields for our Bst community. I logged in and the shell asked for my help. They already popped him and were gathering members to start. So, instead of gearing up Bst or Smn, I just quickly change to /nin (I didn’t have any pots or oils on me, only tools). I then head to Vunkerl Inlet [s].

On the way there I swap out my whm frame and start gearing up my blm frame. Just before the NM area, you pass through a small cave with 1 bat that aggros to sound (EP to lvl 68). I forget to reapply sneak, get aggro and fight it. Puppet starts off with Water III. Help arrives before it had time for a second spell. Point being, it casted a tier III spell.

So, I hit the deactivate/activate button for a fresh puppet. We pulled a gigas while waiting for others. These gigas are VT to a level 75, so incredibly tough to a 68. This time, I hit deploy and my puppet goes into its fighting stance…but doesn’t cast the whole fight. Why didn’t he do anything???

Gigas goes down; I hit DA/A again thinking maybe my pup was just scared. Our other members show up we hang out for 3-5 minutes going over the strategy. I then pop 3 ice maneuvers for a nice spell boost. We pull the NM. Again I hit deploy…pup does nothing but melees. I know he had full MP and was not silenced.

This actually is the second time this has happened to me before. The first time was when I was in the mid-20s in a jungle xp party. It just wouldn’t cast no matter what I did. I don’t remember the attachments I had in the jungle but the more recent incident (above), I believe I was wearing

-Loud Speaker II
    -Armor plate II
    -Shock Absorber
    -Mana Tank II
    -Economizer
    -Optical Fiber
    -Mana booster? (think that’s the name, decrease recast time)
    -Turbo Booster
    -Scanner
    -???? (cant remember its name, but uses an ice maneuver for additional spell damage)
    -I can’t remember the last 2. Pretty sure it was Mana Tank I and Loud Speaker I.

I was really confused and annoyed because we ended up wiping on pallas around 7% (mainly because a kiter didn’t do his job right but still). We’ve fought Pallas [s] at least 25 times and only wiped twice (included this time). I’m pretty sure that minor damage I could have done would have helped. I was basically useless. I changed so smn after that and switch spots with the kiter…we then killed with no one even getting in the yellow. And got us another proud Pallas’s Shield owner^^

Any vets out there know way my puppet wouldn’t cast? The only thing I can thing of is the scanner attachment vs. and IT+++++++++++++++
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Re: Why doesn’t my puppet cast ; ;

If you have Scanner attachment on the BLM frame it won't cast anything if the mobs are highly resistant.

Comment

Re: Why doesn’t my puppet cast ; ;

Yeah, take that scanner off, if you know the mobs weakness you can often times, *force* the correct spell with a coresponding maneuver.

I like to throw up a water, *for the overload safety*, pump 2 Ice maneuvers up, then clear the water with a maneuver coresponding to whatever the mob is weak too. Earth for Stone III for instance.
      *note* sometimes your pup will enfeeble with slow, but this shouldn't affect his next cast being Stone III in your case, or whatever maneuver you put up.

Honestly, i've never bothered with scanner, with 2-3 ice maneuvers up, heck even with none up, i've never had a problem with resists, but i have tranquilizer, which is just an amazing attachment.

If you don't have this piece, get it ASAP. I'm seeing on Hades that there's one on the AH for aprox 490k, which is honestly a steal, as i've seen it pushing close to a mill on some servers and bazzars.

Comment

Working...
      X