PUP is Sick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PUP is Sick!

Monk though isnt a desireable class either.
    What's your definition of desirable? Because I've never seen a party object to inviting a MNK when they're looking for DDs.

Unless your definition is "gets EXP invites a lot," which automatically rules out DDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      What's your definition of desirable? Because I've never seen a party object to inviting a MNK when they're looking for DDs.

Unless your definition is "gets EXP invites a lot," which automatically rules out DDs.

MNK is great DD. But you know as DD you compete with plenty other classes. Now if you are seeking a party as a tank, healer or refresher it seems invites come faster. And out of those jobs I could only see myself playing rdm or nin that look appealing to me.

MNK is great though dont get me wrong. I enjoy playing it. They are very useful as DD and one of the best to setup sata. I will probly play nin for a while if anything to level up as a sub job for tp burns.

Comment

Sorta oldish post, apologize in advance for the necro.

I completley agree with how sic pup is. I just got my Puppetry Taj last night, and I'm currently half way to 59. So with all the FoV and Gob pets, I soloed entirley except for 2 parties, up till around 52. At that point, It slowed down enough for me to put some effort into getting Exp parties. And get this. I made the parties.

I would search everything from 50-60 and send them a tell: Exp points, do you need it?, wajaoam Woodlands, Bird Killer, 13k/hr 1/6.

And this isn't a lie, 4 decent DD's a whm and a pally can easily pull 12-13k starting around lvl 53-54ish killing lesser colibiri. and alot of times, Pallys and Whm's would come to meripo. We wouldn't even have refresh or songs or rolls, and we did great. I've been doing this through the 50's and have yet to have anyone say anything. Infact I've gotten nuthing but postitve comments. I have some pretty disgusting gear though, cause I plan on being a PUP main, RDM 2nd.

You just have to be proactive. when there's no healers, or tanks searching I just do a shout with the exact same info. You will see /tells come out of the wood works.

So far best WS dmg on those birds at lvl 57 was : 454 Daze from my Pup, followed by a 408 dmg Raging Fist.

Most WS do around 375 for Daze, and I usually avg around 250 Raging Fists. That's well above avg for most DD's at that lvl. Just a little bit of G-wiz info.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
          Sorta oldish post, apologize in advance for the necro.

I completley agree with how sic pup is. I just got my Puppetry Taj last night, and I'm currently half way to 59. So with all the FoV and Gob pets, I soloed entirley except for 2 parties, up till around 52. At that point, It slowed down enough for me to put some effort into getting Exp parties. And get this. I made the parties.

I would search everything from 50-60 and send them a tell: Exp points, do you need it?, wajaoam Woodlands, Bird Killer, 13k/hr 1/6.

And this isn't a lie, 4 decent DD's a whm and a pally can easily pull 12-13k starting around lvl 53-54ish killing lesser colibiri. and alot of times, Pallys and Whm's would come to meripo. We wouldn't even have refresh or songs or rolls, and we did great. I've been doing this through the 50's and have yet to have anyone say anything. Infact I've gotten nuthing but postitve comments. I have some pretty disgusting gear though, cause I plan on being a PUP main, RDM 2nd.

You just have to be proactive. when there's no healers, or tanks searching I just do a shout with the exact same info. You will see /tells come out of the wood works.

So far best WS dmg on those birds at lvl 57 was : 454 Daze from my Pup, followed by a 408 dmg Raging Fist.

Most WS do around 375 for Daze, and I usually avg around 250 Raging Fists. That's well above avg for most DD's at that lvl. Just a little bit of G-wiz info.
          Having leveled PUP recently through that level range you are pretty far off on your xp/hour and the damage numbers for your average Raging Fists. PUP is pretty great on birds though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post

And this isn't a lie, 4 decent DD's a whm and a pally can easily pull 12-13k starting around lvl 53-54ish killing lesser colibiri. and alot of times, Pallys and Whm's would come to meripo. We wouldn't even have refresh or songs or rolls, and we did great.
            1. Level mismatch... Why search for 50 when it's is under 53, the floor you've set?
            2. PLD without refresh of some sort... um... Hope you're never going to be on Ifrit. If you are, leave my PLD alone.
            3. Easily pull 12-13k base exp? DDx4, PLD, WHM, w/out mp recovery? I don't think so.

I think you're lying, too.
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

well, i'm not lying, I maybe wrong, but I did sort of just post those "facts" without some proper documentation.

I will get a sync party going tonight, based on the aformentioned parameters. (pld,whm, 1 pup, 3 DD's) I'll try and post the parse data this weekend, but if not i'll try and have it up on monday.

That was eyeballed I won't lie, but If i'm wrong i'll definetly post the data so people don't go and end up being let down.

Here's my gear set to save some time:
              Automaton:
              pretty much everything you would want to run on SS, I have every attachment except a damn shurzen, which valefor has had 1 on the AH in the past 2 months.
              Master:
              Main: Tact. Mag. Hooks +2
              Range: Turbo Animator
              Ammo: Oil +2
              Head: Red Ribbon (the one with +1 to everything)
              Neck: PCC
              Ear1: Either a Spike or a Heims (i'll swap it around this parse, see which one works better over a 30 min window of EXP)
              Ear2: Cassie Earring
              Body: Cersie or Pup AF (Usually stick with Cersie as Atk+ is hard to come by and the +2 acc dosen't seem like that big of a difference
              Hands: Battle Gloves....Still
              Ring1: Toreador's Ring or Sniper's Ring +1 If synced lower than 57
              Ring2: Raja's Ring (or Sniper's +1 to see how they parse out.)
              Back: Bellicose Mantle
              Waist: Swift Belt for TP Swap in Life Belt for Raging Fists (debating on just full timing life until later levels)
              Legs: Herder's Subligar
              Feet: Mountain Gaiter's

I try to eat sushi, or marinara pizza +1's if it's over lvl 57

I'm Hume with no merits in H2H, Str,dex or other race stats. I have 2 merits in evasion, and I think that's it when it comes to pup benificial merits. 8 merits in MP which is why i fulltime that Cassie but I'm thiking i'll swap it in for a/nother Spike.

Please check it, and give me some advice, i'm not 75 yet, but i've got my path laid out, and i'm sitting on 18k alex, cause i'm dead set on getting a kenkonken. Thanks ^^

p.s. I posted hastily but I didn't flat out lie. please don't think i'm a jack ass like that.

Comment

Working...
              X