• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppetmaster Parse

Puppetmasters Rejoice!!!

Here is a parse for all puppetmasters.

The party setup was War, Sam, Drg, Pup, Brd, Rdm

Look at the summary and do some simple adding. Take a big guess who came out on top... but add pup and master and woosh pupftw!!

I've included pics of the war I parsed against and note his gear. He is dual wielding a Maneater and a Ridill in case you want to know. He is wearing a W.Turban, Ares Cuirass, Homan Pants and I forget the rest.

I removed the names of the players since i haven't asked their permission.

I can't wait for all the naysayers and other chime-ins QQing about how my parse is invalid.

In case anyone wants to know here was my armor build:

Hands: Hades Sainti
    Ranged: Turbo Animator

Head: Optical Hat
    Body: Pantin Tobe
    Hands: Pantin Dastanas
    Legs: Pantin Churidars
    Feet: Pantin Babouches

Neck: Chivalrous Chain
    Ear1: Brutal Earring
    Ear2: Spike Earring
    Ring1: Rajas Ring
    Ring2: Woodsman Ring
    Back: Bellicose Mantle
    Waist: Life Belt

Comedie was set for Sharpy:
    Thunder Attachments: Coiler, Target Marker, Heat Seeker
    Wind Attachments: Turbo Charger, Scope
    Fire Attachments: Attuner, Flame Holder, Tension Spring 2
    Water Attachments: Condenser, Stealth Screen
    Light Attachments: Optic Fiber, Auto Repair Kit 2

Enjoy all.

Halldir on Fenrir Server
    Attached Files

Re: Puppetmaster Parse

That's awesome Hall, I have ran some parse's with my 40ish pup and in those parties in the Crawler's nest nothing has come within 5% of me and pacotille's (my pup) combined dmg output.

It's very good to know that if everyone else dosen't seem to realize it, atleast i'll know i'll be merit party worthy when I lvl PUP to 75.

I'd love to see 5 PUP's and a BRD make a merit party. 3 sharp shot frames, 2 Soulsouthers. I wonder how efficent it would be...or 4PUP/1RMD/1BRD all Sharpshot.

Comment

You came on top by roughly 2% but that's still pretty impressive. I'm surprised you beat a DRG though, that just seems a tad messed up given Colibri are basically DRG bait.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

How did I know Colibri would be a factor before I clicked this?

Colibri is the new Boreal Hound, I swear.

Comment

Very impressive =)
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Race: Hume Rank 7
          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            How did I know Colibri would be a factor before I clicked this?

Colibri is the new Boreal Hound, I swear.
            That's great and all but what's that do to the validity of this? Colibri are just as kind to Ridill WARs as they are to PUPs.

small nitpick: your WAR wasn't wearing homam legs. WAR cannot use Homam. Those are Byakko's Haidate he's sporting.

What were you getting for songs?
            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Well, considering that the DD that pulls hate most often is going to eat more Feather Tickles on top of needing to recast Utsusemi more often (Colibri do have sub-standard Delay), I could see how Colibri could seriously skew a parse in favor of the underdogs. At the very least it's a very unwelcome random factor.

I, too, find it odd that the DRG did so poorly against a mob it has an inherent +25% damage against.

Comment

Hmm good point. The war did surprisingly few WSs... and he has a Ridill. Plus, he's the only voke around town. So yeah, that definitely counts against you.

Even so, just keeping up with truly good DDs like a Ridill WAR is impressive enough.
                "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Was that the War's full time set up or was he gear swapping. Looks more like a WS set.

Or at least I hope it was with those Heca boots...unless they're unicorn. Can't see em too well >.<
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Never mind that Colibri are also super weak in defense.
                    sigpic

Comment

Never mind that Colibri are also super weak in defense.
                      Yeah, but like Lmnop said, the other DDs are benefiting from that low Defense just as much as the PUP.

Comment

The dragoon had the *lowest* accuracy of any player in the party (also the lowest crit rate by several percent, although I don't know whether the difference was significant) and his average penta was under 600 on colibri - with the max (just) under 900. Even including his wyvern doesn't move him out of fourth place.

Either crappy gear, or a lot fewer merits than the rest of the party, or possibly even lower level would be my guess. (Poor choice of SJ may have also played a role, see below.)

As for the feather tickle issue... The WAR performed 34 ws compared to 35 for the PUP, 40 for the DRG and 72 for the SAM. It's no surprise that the SAM comes out on top here, but the WAR getting so few is really odd with a ridill, brutal, haste gear etc., which suggests that he was in fact eating more than his fair share of feather tickles. Otherwise, it's hard to believe he would do *fewer* WS than a PUP with B base skill and basically no haste gear.

The DRG's number of WS also looks low - but then, I'm used to /SAM for DD. I wonder what that DRG was subbing.

Still an impressive performance for a job people don't take seriously as a DD, though - it shows pretty conclusively that they're wrong.
                        Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                        RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                        All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

lolPUP my ass!! Alright man! Way to show that PUPs can compete with the best!
                          Originally posted by Van Wilder
                          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                          Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

If that WAR was full-timing that gear, he would have pretty low ACC with that Ridell.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah this is a pretty skewed result IMO >_>
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X