PUP/WAR vs PUP/DNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PUP/WAR vs PUP/DNC

Ok, am a 75 pup with all the attachments, bells whistles lol and gear. pre 50 pup is THE BEST DD period. As stated before, mnk sub is fine until u get your MA trait. as for /war vs /dnc, the choice is simple. If you wanna DD go /war. If you wanna do support go /dnc. there is nothing wrong with either. Puppetmaster function is not to be a support job. its like all the other TOA jobs, Jack of all trades. if you see me in any merit party I DD with the best of them. thank god for ventriloquy at 75, lol my problem is usaly keeping hate off my bliv IV happy friend or armor piercing rng. but at times i will have to switch to main heal while waiting on a rdm or something. Learn your pups capabilities, and know what frames and attachments to use in what situation. Thats what really makes the job shine. you can change up and reroute your puppet based on current need. knowing that will make you great.
    "To love is to live, and to let die. When chosen for eternity how shall I forsake it?"

Comment

Originally posted by haazim View Post
      Ok, am a 75 pup with all the attachments, bells whistles lol and gear. pre 50 pup is THE BEST DD period. As stated before, mnk sub is fine until u get your MA trait. as for /war vs /dnc, the choice is simple. If you wanna DD go /war. If you wanna do support go /dnc. there is nothing wrong with either. Puppetmaster function is not to be a support job. its like all the other TOA jobs, Jack of all trades. if you see me in any merit party I DD with the best of them. thank god for ventriloquy at 75, lol my problem is usaly keeping hate off my bliv IV happy friend or armor piercing rng. but at times i will have to switch to main heal while waiting on a rdm or something. Learn your pups capabilities, and know what frames and attachments to use in what situation. Thats what really makes the job shine. you can change up and reroute your puppet based on current need. knowing that will make you great.
      Well said, Huzzah!!!

Comment

Ahhh, This thread is a few months old but I couldn't help offering up some info, and basically helping others out hopefully.

My Pup is only lvl 42, and so i don't have any experience past that but i will say that I have solo'd more than half of those lvl's and partied the rest. I went /MNK until 25, and then /WAR ever since. I will be going /DNC but it's only lvl 11 at the moment (deploying, so there it will stay)

I have all attachments (sold my Lu Shang around lvl 25 something to pay for them, after i fell in love with the PUP job) and my character is fairly well geared for a lvl 42.

I solo with the spiritweaver frame, for the healing and the nuking, but when I party unless the partie needs healing, or magic dmg, i'll strictly run Sharpshot.
        I also try and parse all my fights, and so far, I have yet to be out DD'd by any job i've partied with. Percentage wise, Me and my Pup deal between 24-31% of the parties Damage. If you have kept your SS frame's Ranged attack leveled they probably land about 60-70 percent of their ranged attacks and about 75% of their WS's.

I usually have 'scope','turbo charger','auto-loader (reduces acc,decrease RA waittime)', 'optical fiber' RegenI, RegenII and then some other DD attachments, and I cycle 1 light maneuver, and 2 wind maneuver's

I will throw up a fire maneuver when I see my pup's TP get near 100%, and I try and equip the fire attachment that increases WS dmg by sacrificing a Fire maneuver.

Vs. Soldier crawlers in the nest, I probably avg. 27% of the partie's dmg, depending on setup, and i probably only put out about 10 of those percentage points. the Pup does the rest.

I also had a theory as to why pup's DD ability trail's off around 50+. It's not that the DD's get that much better, it's the gear they get access too. past 46ish pup's get crap for any type of gear that's good for DDing. now this isn't to say they can't DD, infact, they get gear that's better suited to keep them alive, (think prolonged DOT, with sustanablity) wheras a a SAM in a haubergouen (i butchered that but it's funnie so i'm leaving it) can dish out crazy damage, but will be getting hit every time a mob swings at 'em.

I know this is the /WAR vs. /DNC disccusion so I'll close with both are good to go. If you have the option wait in town until the party has 6/6 then check to see what your dealing with. If the healing Looks good enough bring /WAR for DD and back-up hate control. If your main heal is a smart RDM, bring /DNC so he can maybe through out a couple of extra enfeeble's. Also, if you've got good healing, and plenty of hate control, and you've got /DRG lvl'd you may wanna try that out, especially if you have some wyren earrings for the crazy haste you would get when you sub /DRG. with that and Jump, i've been told/read it's a very good DD subjob for pup.

Comment

I do prefer /WAR over /DNC! With soulsoother head keeping the hate is a priority in order to do the DA trick to be infinitly Cure5 spamed!
          I 'm soloing more stuff like that ^^
          /DNC is cool in merrit pty anyway to keep your pup alive using valses after a <Mime>

Comment

Funny, in a number of PUP guides I've read they all say the Drum Magazine is garbage because it lowers ranged accuracy too much. Also, you can probably ditch the Turbo Charger for something else since Haste won't affect it's ranged attacks at all.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

/DNC way easier to solo.

P.S. The new AF for PUP looks WAY better than the original.

Comment

Working...
              X