Pup/pld??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup/pld??

Just wondering if anyone has tried this setup with a Valoredge set on thier automaton? If so could you give the Pros/Cons
    Dahc Ramuh server
    San D'Oria Rank 6
    RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Re: Pup/pld??

I'd like to see the ideas on this one too, I'd lean more toward the Stormwalker frame for magical support and follow the "you tank, puppet nukes" path which I'm currently ignoring I'm comming to realize more and more that the puppet is not a good tank and I should have gotten the stormwalker frame first ;_; too late I realize that my true treasure be the magic
    sigpic

Comment

The Valoredge is a tanking automaton only at lower levels. The supremacy of low level PUP with Valoredge tanking is amazing. You can easily go 1-15 faster then most other jobs by just having your automaton tank and fight. The early levels /PLD is pointless.

At higher levels, the only thing I can see /PLD for is for Ballista and even then /DRG is way better.

The basic sub for PUP is /WAR because of the magic automaton curing you. In my opinion, PUP > Automaton in tanking. Automaton > PUP in every other aspect.

My two cents.

~Guren

-75 PUP of Gilgamesh
      Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

Since the PuP gets ... to put it bluntly... hosed on any sort of gear for tanking would it be advisable to get +evasion gear and try to tank that way relying on provoke to keep the monsters attention? or would /DNC work out well due to using TP to heal/provoke-ish in the later levels?

Yea... so the only jobs I have above level 10 are WHM,BLM,RDM
        sigpic

Comment

I think I'll go /rdm since its the only high level job i got, I'm more like support/off-heal, so I would level a /dnc but i dont have the expansion.. <-------- I'm not angry but I like this smile lol..

Comment

Well I think that when i play PUP I am going to be solo most of the time anyways, SO I am gonna try different tanking Setups to see which holds up better. Right now I am using PUP/MNK and it is just tearing through T mobs like a hot knife through butter. I am gonna try to check out /pld, /war, /sam,/ blu and /BST as a few just to see what works good for a soloing PUP
            Dahc Ramuh server
            San D'Oria Rank 6
            RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

I got a fresh pup (last few months) who swears by PUP/DNC with the BLM automaton. He tanks as his puppet goes crazy nuking. We acctually recently just duo'd 45-50 in CN(me BLM/NIN him PuP/DNC) it was nice having someone there to pull the Crawlers/Exoray around while me and the automaton would pick them of. It is a pretty impresive combo, and Animated flourish followed by a quick CW is a great for of spike hate. He was even at times holding from me while I nuked.

sig courtesy tgm
              retired -08

Comment

That's pretty impressive, I think I'll have to find a friend to hold my hand and get DNC unlocked, right now I'm trying to hold onto the monster while my girlfriend nukes the hell out of it with her stormwalker frame and /mnk sub, so far it's working out well and we've been taking down dhalmels in tahrongi rather easily - the only thing that scares me are the elementals, has anyone had an elemental aggro their pup while being out and about?
                sigpic

Comment

Ok, so I posted and then re-read Jaice's post. So here's my ninja-fashionable-edit:

You mean have anyone's Automaton got magic aggro, yet? I can't answer that but I'm betting no. A good indication of this is that pets never get aggro (to my knowledge). It's not uncommon to see the other pet jobs trekking past IT mobs with sneak/invis up and their pet following comfortably -- passing right in front of the terrifying orc or whatnot. Point is, if they're immune to "normal" aggro types, they're probably immune to every aggro type.

However, if you meant some PUP themselves who happen to be subbing a mage job... yes, and they're all dead.
                  "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jaice View Post
                    That's pretty impressive, I think I'll have to find a friend to hold my hand and get DNC unlocked, right now I'm trying to hold onto the monster while my girlfriend nukes the hell out of it with her stormwalker frame and /mnk sub, so far it's working out well and we've been taking down dhalmels in tahrongi rather easily - the only thing that scares me are the elementals, has anyone had an elemental aggro their pup while being out and about?
                    Nope. An elemental will not aggro your automaton even if it casts a spells.

Comment

Who needs a sub now a days? Use the Mog House glitch to go subless and just go Puppetmaster.

Show our true pride!

(If you thank me, more stupidity posts by Guren await your future o.O)
                      Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

Working...
                      X