Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lvl 12 PUP -- what is a good attachment Load out for Valoredge frame

Hi guys,

I am a lvl 12 PUP and I enjoy playing this job. I recently got the Valoredge upgrade for my automaton Lobo and was wondering what would be a good setup of attachments that would make mu Lobo an awesome tank. Also was wondering that in the valoredge set does he react moreas a WAR or a PLD?
    Dahc Ramuh server
    San D'Oria Rank 6
    RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Re: lvl 12 PUP -- what is a good attachment Load out for Valoredge frame

Not sure what you plan on doing as PUP/PLD, but to answer your question the Valoredge automaton behaves like a Warrior more than anything else. If you'll notice Valoredge doesn't have any MP so it can't tank the way a Paladin does. (Also note that Flashbulb is "hate free" so don't expect to be using that as a hate tool either.) The Strobe attachments will be your automaton's means of pulling hate other than spike damage, but this is dangerous considering that you yourself will have no way of pulling hate for quite some time. The reason why this is a problem is because automatons don't have the best defense and can't tank well against an incredibly tough mob, not to mention the lacking ability to cure your automation other than auto-regen.

But anyway, if you plan on tanking you are going to want to get ever defensive attachment available. Armor Plate, Shock Absorber, Equalizer, Accelerator, Replicator, Smoke Screen, Flashbulb, Damage Gauge. Reactive Shield isn't necessary since it doesn't do anything to make your automaton hold hate better or survive longer. Mana Jammer is pretty nice but situational.

Comment

Re: lvl 12 PUP -- what is a good attachment Load out for Valoredge frame

If you let the automation do the tanking, you take a risk of your automation drop dead and wait for a long Activate timer.

Even a tank job in parties will need some cures and helps from party members. For PUP's automation, we cannot even use Cures on it. Attachment's HP-Regen and Automation Oil are not enough; melee-type frame cannot using Cures like a PLD does; mage-type frame (for self cure) is very weak in terms taking hits.
      Server: Quetzalcoatl
      Race: Hume Rank 7
      75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Working...
      X