/pup? pros/cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: /pup? pros/cons?

/PUP definitely has it's merits, particularly if you have a well-geared Stormwalker + Soulsoother set up. It loses power quite fast though as you reach 10+

Still it's a good option that I myself used for my early levels of DNC and SCH. If you have it leveled up however I would strongly recommend /BST instead.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
      True strike, Pup or /pup can also, but I said three cause you need 2 other's to get into the assault. Ain't no thang I forgot to mention that it was doable with smn also.
      Except its not doable with PUP or /pup unless you can get it on the first or second chest. Remember the recast timer?
      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

No susu, with the method posted if you get out of range and deactivate before the Flash from the Automaton wears off, the timer doesn't matter. If you deactivate when it's at full HP(which it should be since it'll deploy and Flash immediately), there's no 20 minute cooldown to reactivate. Only really have to wait 1 minute to reapply a new Light Manuever.

I've done Golden Salvage with a PUP SMN combo several times and I've seen it first hand. The 1 minute delay means it'll take alittle longer than a SMN could check a chest, but unless the other 2 people are leeching then it's no big deal.
        Cleverness - Hades
        75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
        DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Working...
        X