Charisma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charisma?

I've seen a few posts about CHR having an influence on making maneuvers more effective or lowering your chance of Overload, but is there any evidence to support this? On ffxiclopedia there is no mention of CHR affecting Overload in any way. And then some attachments, like Tension Spring, follow a strict +% formula based on the number of maneuvers active, and again, make no mention of CHR.

I'm assuming the rumor about CHR is false based off the current resource information, and the fact that most claims about CHR were made nearly a year ago when PUP was still fresh. But for anyone still in question, hopefully you will find the answer here.

Re: Charisma?

I'm thinking if there's any stat that helps various hidden stuff on PUP, it's DEX.

Dexterity Potion: Puppetmaster's reward for Moment of Truth, and it should be interesting to note that they are the only ones that get that particular reward; Theives get Hermes Quenchers, in case you were curious.

Turbo Animator: Puppetmaster's AF "weapon," it provides a hidden bonus of Dexterity +2

But, really, it's just sort of a hunch.
    Last edited by Yellow Mage; 12-01-2007, 07:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

If you check your base CHR it is actually one of the highest stats the pup has which make it seem that it would be important. I have not done specific trials per say, but i do often duo with a brd in sea on flowers. There is a noticable difference in the number of manuevers i can get up before overload at level 75 using soul reaver when he casts chr songs on me.
      "To love is to live, and to let die. When chosen for eternity how shall I forsake it?"

Comment

Off-topic, but Haazim, your overly large signature shows exactly why Monks should not sub Red Mage.
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
          Off-topic, but Haazim, your overly large signature shows exactly why Monks should not sub Red Mage.
          I don't know, the sig seems to detail the ideal ending for someone who creates a sig that large.

Comment

LOL, well how about this. I know you both want some sexy large sigs... I can hook you up if you need one.
            "To love is to live, and to let die. When chosen for eternity how shall I forsake it?"

Comment

I also see a little diffrance in how many manuvers i can get up im hume so i have a good charisma number . I 've tryed charisma gear but its to close to tell. I think it does make a diffrance but it doesnt make that big a diffrance to sacrafice your melee gear. I think charisma is going to play a bigger role in later updates. we are preformers i can see how that would mean we would have high charisma but why give us a stat that doesnt help us that much. lol maby later on we will have the power to distract the target with are preformance. the higher the charisma = more time distracted. just a idea lol.

how do we fit in? we are preformers but we dont in battle. i can see thiefs steal and they have the abilty to do so. snm can call avatars. all mages use magic. but we as preformers dont do so in battle. im not to far in the treasures story yet had to take a break from FFxi for a bit.
              "True Warriors never die, They just get sent to hell then regroup."

Comment

I agree a bit with the sacrafice statement. I see it helping my maneuvers, yet the only time I would build CHR is when im in a specific situation where Im not meleing. Such as manaburns or Arrow burns where specific dmg is needed other than Blunt. Usualy I just ask a brd to cast chr songs on me.

Comment

yeah i think it would be perfect if you sub /dnc and use chr gear that would be a good combo i feel. good suport class right there + full benefit from puppet + added help from chr.
                  "True Warriors never die, They just get sent to hell then regroup."

Comment

Working...
                  X