Forcing Slapstick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcing Slapstick?

I've been looking here and ffxiclopedia and KI and I haven't found any solid info on triggering Slapstick. I know it's ghetto but, at 24, it is all I have on my little Sturm-poppet. With my summoner partner we're looking at chains and I'd love to reliably be able to toss a Slapstick when I want it (and tp is ready, given).

I hear that having no maneuvers up and throwing a fire will force it. I also hear the same for thunder. I'm not at home to test either but, if anybody knows or has a link to hard testing, I'd appreciate some info. Claw > Combo is nice but the occasional Slapstick > Claw > Combo is so much nicer. I'd just like it a little less random.

Re: Forcing Slapstick?

at lv 24 your mage auto only has slap stick. At lv 50 you get Knockout

Comment

Right, I get that. What I want to know is, is there a way to trigger it on command when there is enough tp? I've had him up to 130tp, without an inhibitor on, and he still won't fire it. Times like that I'd love to be able to force him to do a skill (and, in the future, any available skill) to start a chain. Between the two of us, we have four separate skill starters/finishers (pup, auto, smn and summoned) so there are a lot of opportunities where an on-demand WS would be handy.

Comment

nope no way for you to force except when u use inhibtor.

Comment

Inhibitors make them wait until they can close a chain so that's the only reliable way? Shame there's no way to force it to open, ah well. We played around last night and could usually time it well enough.

Comment

Automaton Weapon Skills: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Au..._Weapon_Skills

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Working...
            X