Petition : Activate Recast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Petition : Activate Recast

I can not see how either can be abused on a ten min timer.

And I can not see how a PUP being able to modify his automation every 10 min timer is broken either.

You'll have to explain to me how so.
    Read my blog.
    ffxibrp.livejournal.com
    Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
    Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
      That being said, though, making PUP able to reconfigure their puppet every five minutes just might make them a little too good
      Just for the record, as a Puppetmaster (and under the right conditions) I can change my puppet's configuration once a minute. If deactivated while at full health, the activation timer resets. Since the deactivation timer is 1 minute, assuming my puppet doesn't get any damage done to him (which is easy sometimes, and not so easy others)...

However, the argument that just because I could do this at every opportunity (that is, when the activation or deactivation timer is up) would make it too strong is slightly flawed. Since many of the more important attachments require a maneuver up to use, and since the automaton would immediately overload if you used a maneuver right after you activated, it would actually hamper performance for that instance. Instead, it's more often beneficial to leave the puppet out as long as possible and thus allow us to pack on more maneuvers of the same type at the same time.

Relating to the OP, I just want to say that I really don't mind a 20 minute timer on Activate. I will admit that, occasionally, a 10-15 minute timer would be nice, but if your puppet is constantly getting killed 5-10 minutes after you activated, you might be doing something wrong. In that situation, I would consider changing frames to a back line job (like any of the mages or even the ranged) and continue from there.
      Kindadarii (Bahamut)
      90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
      70.3 + 2 Woodworking
      52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

letting a PUP bring their last configuration of puppet back in a weakened state which wears after a minute or so.
        Heh, we already have that. A minute after summoning a puppet, your "Burden" is very high for the next minute, and if you use any maneuvers, your puppet will overload and you'll have to wait another minute.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

I think with the way things are going for FAST PACED MMORPGS, SE would lose out players in that regard.

Everything should be halved. Timers and all. Instead of 2 hours, make it 1 hour. A lot of people are more casual players than not, as proven by Nintendo's widely popularized Wii console.

It's just my idea, no one has to agree with me, but I'm sure people would be happy if all timers were halved.
          Hacked on 9/9/09
          FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Kolid View Post
            SMN can recast whenever, PUP cannot. If BST or SMN has a pet die, they can wait a very short time, while PUP must wait a very long time.
            This thread may be a few weeks old...but the Puppetmaster section already seems a little dead in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't know too much about Beastmaster, but, when it comes to Summoner, we have a very short recast time because we have no backup when our pet is down. When a Dragoon's pet and a Puppetmaster's pet is defeated, the master is left to fight for their life. They can fight for their lives much better than a Summoner can. You have...

A Summoner with a Staff (with /whm magic, but nothin but avatars/spirits on main).
            A Puppetmaster with Hand-to-hand (with evasion).
            A Dragoon with a Polearm (with jump abilities).

A Summoner would most likely die. Why? Our str and att is bad. A staff compared to h2h and polearm is hilariously bad. /whm could save our lives if we weren't interrupted so much when we get hit, but smn have no abilities or magic (obviously besides summons) as main. Summoning skill still decreases summoning interruption, but obviously not 100% guaranteed...and we all know about the perpetuation (mp drain).

A Puppetmaster could fairly die or live. Why? Well, sure the specialize in evasion, but that doesn't mean they'll evade everything (espcially on the IT and VT and maybe T mobs). The C+ H2H is enough. I read a guy had a parse and he (as pup) was doing 32% of the party's damage (him doing 15% and the automaton doing 18%). If Pup's H2H was rank A, then MAYBE (keyword: MAYBE) it MIGHT (keyword: MIGHT) be overpowered. Plus, pup has some nice weapon skills that can do good damage.

A Dragoon could also fairly die or live. Why? Polearm is actually very nice from what I've seen (this is probably weird, but I haven't seen many "loldrgs" lately. I've seen many good-damaging ones). The delays in Polearms can be annoying since you'd like to fight faster when fighting for your life with no pet.

For the jobs themselves, I don't wanna say a job is more miserable than the other or say which job has it easier than the other. Just pointing out things about what you're left with when you're pet is gone.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Working...
            X