people say we cant DD yeah right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: people say we cant DD yeah right

I said they said it was solo; I never said that intention was carried out perfectly >_ >
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

With the new update at 75 with Role Reversal you can go pup/drk and use last resort and soul eater and then raging fists for 500-800 and then use role reversal for the HP right back, also have your automaton skill chain with you.

Now, anyone who says that is not a good DD can go to hell.
      Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

Isn't that ability on a 15 base minute timer?
        sigpic

Comment

No, actually it's on a 4 minute timer with one merit, so that would work pretty well. One good WS every 5 minutes doesn't convince me that the job could keep up in damage with a war or a sam or a mnk though. I mean, those jobs are putting out that kind of damage every time they get TP, not just when their JAs are up. I'd have to parse it myself to believe it.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I was in a PT with a pup the other day. I'm a taru mnk, he's an elvaan pup. his h2h strikes were (just by eyeballing it) 10-15pts lower than mine. Attack speed is slower since I dont think pup gets any martial art traits unless they sub mnk which he did not (he was /war). He was using howling fist and landing them for around 200-300dmg.

His automaton was doing decent dmg, 100-110 on ranged attacks and 300ish on ws.

I'm sure if i parsed it, he would have put up some decent numbers. Its definitely not a big WS type of job as of right now.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Pup gets martial arts III at 75 according to the wiki, vs Martial Arts VI for a mnk, so he did have some, but he still would've been waiting about a second longer between rounds.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

ok cool.

so that would put him at MA-II then since he was 72.

From the interviews, I really hope they make the changes they have coming for PUP to be a doozy.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                  I was in a PT with a pup the other day. I'm a taru mnk, he's an elvaan pup. his h2h strikes were (just by eyeballing it) 10-15pts lower than mine. Attack speed is slower since I dont think pup gets any martial art traits unless they sub mnk which he did not (he was /war). He was using howling fist and landing them for around 200-300dmg.

His automaton was doing decent dmg, 100-110 on ranged attacks and 300ish on ws.

I'm sure if i parsed it, he would have put up some decent numbers. Its definitely not a big WS type of job as of right now.
                  We do put up some pretty good numbers for how we've been pegged. My damage isn't as consistant as my automaton's, but I put out from aroun 40-60 damage a hit from what I can tell. Sharpshot ranged attacks are anywhere from 100-120, and Daze hits for anywhere between 400 and 420. Autoattack between ranged shots is about 10-20 damage.

Taskmage is correct though, we don't gain strength as fast as other jobs do. We do gain access to more DD equipment, but not much for where we'll probably be wearing our AF for a while. Assault gear will probably become a staple. Hopefully SE will retune us a bit in our later levels.

Comment

I think it would be cool if the pup took more of a back-seat role to his automaton. Right now it seems more like a 60/40 or 70/30 pup/automaton in terms of activeness. Give the pup more control over his automaton, give the automaton more PC like abilities so the pup can just be busy controlling him.

I hate the gear they allow pup to wear. Absolutely dreadful. You guys get some nice h2h gear that mnks cant wear though.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                      I think it would be cool if the pup took more of a back-seat role to his automaton. Right now it seems more like a 60/40 or 70/30 pup/automaton in terms of activeness. Give the pup more control over his automaton, give the automaton more PC like abilities so the pup can just be busy controlling him.

I hate the gear they allow pup to wear. Absolutely dreadful. You guys get some nice h2h gear that mnks cant wear though.

That's really what I was thinking. It seems rather weird for the puppetmaster to get so involved in fights personally.

It'll be interesting to see the WHM and BLM models once they're out. Who knows, maybe PUP will be able to back up/main heal? Magic damage support would be very welcome at times too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                        We do put up some pretty good numbers for how we've been pegged. My damage isn't as consistant as my automaton's, but I put out from aroun 40-60 damage a hit from what I can tell. Sharpshot ranged attacks are anywhere from 100-120, and Daze hits for anywhere between 400 and 420. Autoattack between ranged shots is about 10-20 damage.

Taskmage is correct though, we don't gain strength as fast as other jobs do. We do gain access to more DD equipment, but not much for where we'll probably be wearing our AF for a while. Assault gear will probably become a staple. Hopefully SE will retune us a bit in our later levels.
                        Thats one pup. I am a taru pup and hit harder than that. I can do 450-600 per WS and my ranger automaton would WS with Daze for 450-500 every time and SC.
                        Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

Working...
                        X