Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll update as go along...just feel like sharing this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll update as go along...just feel like sharing this...

**Now lvl 56**
    Main: Puppetmaster
    Sub: Warrior
    Puppet Head: Either Harlequin or Valor
    Puppet Body: Stormwaker
    Attachments: Refresh II, Damage Gauge, Stoneskin, ManaBooster, Tactical Processor, Conserve MP, Converter, Flash Bulb or Optical Fiber, Eraser.

Gear on Me: (generally speaking at lvl 56)
    Weapon: Sainti (pref. Tact. Magician Hooks +1, but meh... too slow)
    Range: Turbo Animator
    Ammo: Automat. Oil +2
    Neck: Spike Neckalace (+3str, +3dex)
    Ear1: Velocity Earring (+3 eva + enchances resist slow effect)
    Ear2: Guarding Earring (+3 Guard skill)
    Head: Vampire Mask (nighttime effect: +3 acc)
    Body: Royal Knight's aketon (+5 eva)
    Hands: Puppetry Dastanas (AF1 hands)
    Ring1: Rajas Ring (at current lvl +2str, +2dex)
    Ring2: Garrulous Ring (+3 Str, +3 Agi) + enchances resist silence effect
    Back: Dodge cape (+5 Eva)
    Waist: Life Belt (Accuracy +10)
    Legs: Puppetry churidars (AF1 legs)
    Feet: Puppetry Babouches (AF1 feet)

**When I was lvl 41**
    Main: Puppetmaster
    Sub: Monk
    Puppet Head: Harlequin
    Puppet Body: Stormwaker
    Attachments: Refresh, Damage Gauge, Stoneskin, ManaBooster, Evasion II, Volt dmg, Utusemi, Tactical Processor, and possibly (doing this from memory) Defense II. *Sometimes I add the Converter and lose the Refresh, which works
    well as to activate Utusemi*

My Puppet set-up is like this, Zero (my puppet's name) will cure me when I get low on hitpoints and if I'm fighting DC's and EM's... they tend to miss more than hit me; as Zero gets low on mp he will Convert; I can then use an Oil if I choose to restore lost hitpoints to him. Downtime is minimal.

Gear on Me: (generally speaking at lvl 41)
    Weapon: Mythril Claws +1
    Range: Turbo Animator
    Ammo: Automat. Oil +1
    Neck: Spike Neckalace (+3str, +3dex)
    Ear1: Dodge Earring (+3 eva)
    Ear2: Dodge Earring (+3 eva)
    Body: Combat Caster's Cloak (+2str, +2int)
    Hands: Scentless Armlets (+5 Eva)
    Ring1: Rajas Ring (at current lvl +2str, +2dex)
    Ring2: Puissance Ring +1 (+3 Str)
    Back: Sarcenet cape (+3 Eva)
    Waist: Cestus Belt (Hand-to-Hand skill +5)
    Legs: Combat Caster Slacks (+5 Evasion)
    Feet: Air Solea (+4 Evasion)

Since I solo w/ /war, my primary defense is Evasion Bonus in gear and abilities... Works
    extremely well. Also builds my "Guard ability" very high. It's currently 97 (w00t). I HIGHLY suggest this job set-up... although you may have your own favorite to solo with. So far I've used this set-up for 41 lvls. **Since soloing your experience, it might be helpful to bring about 5 - 10 regen drinks, a warp scroll or cudgel, signet staff; SIGNET is PRICESS for soloing TRUST ME...the bonuses you receive ROCK!** When using Harly head and Stormwaker frame, I've adjusted my manuevers so that I no longer convert. I ensure Zero is always at full hitpoints by constantly provoking (like an obedient tank XD) then deactivating/activating... this will work "ALL THE TIME"... so if ur mana-bot gets low on mp, during a feirce fight... don't forget this technique... it'll save ur butt more than once... at least it does for me. ^-^

On to the guide:

From lvl 1 - 10 = E./W. Wonf. - general soloing areas

Lvl 11 - 15 = Goblins, Crabs and Orcs in La
    Thiene
    Lvl 16 - 19 = Lower lvl Goblins, Orcs in Jugner
    Forest; Pashow Marshlands (Quadavs, lower lvl
    Goblins, Snippers and Land Pugils)

Lvl 20 - 23 = **Valkrum Dunes** (Check to confirm prior to
    engaging) Decent Challenge (DC) & Even Match (EM) (Goblin Gamblers, Leechers,
    Muggers, and Beach Pugils)

Lvl 24 - 28 = **Qufim Island** Start with Bats (Dark Bats
    primarily), as u level to 25 or 26... fight
    Land Worms and Seeker Bats... at 27 to 28 fight
    Gigas and Greater Pugils.

Lvl 29 - 35 = **Yuhtunga Jungle** Start with Yuhtunga Mandys til
    lvl 34... then fight Goblin Smithy's once you
    hit lvl 35, you may either continue to 37 in
    Yuhtunga or go to Yhoater... I went to
    Yhoater...

Lvl 36 - 39 = **Yhoater Jungle** Only two mob types you should be
    interested in here... Yhoater Mandys and Goblin
    Smithy's... As always (check) mob before
    engaging... you only want DC's and EM. You'll
    run across a few T's and VT's... I'd pass on
    them if I were you.

Lvl 40 - 41 = **Eastern Altepa Desert**... start
    with Antican Fabers and Beetles near the zone
    into Western Altepa Desert.

Lvl 42 - 45 = **Garlaige Citadel** try not to crowed the newbs.. XD
    Your target should be Seige bats and Borer Beetles... these'll comfortably
    last you til 45 or so... Xp starts to take a dive around lvl 46, you'll still get some, but you may wish to move on to tougher fodder.

Lvl 46 - 47 = **Crawler's Nest**... w00t... crawlers... ya... <Slow> <No Thanks> but the experience is nice, at least for those 2 lvls it is. You may wish to move on when you ding 48; again the experience may still be do-able to 49 if you wanna stretch it but I'd move on...

Lvl 48 - 53 = **Gustav Tunnel** lotsa lvlin'g done here... ranged from Hell Bats to Hawker flies... then settled on Goblins (careful not to aggro the NM gob... Goblinsavior Heronox... XD Just rember to keep checkin' the mobs before you engage... they have quite a lvl range. You"re aiming for DC & EM's onry... leave the T's and VT's alone... TRUST ME XD

**Additional leveling areas between 51-53 = **Crawler's Nest** You'll want to go down to the 3rd map, where the coffer chests are located. Find Labyrinth Lizards and camp in the north tunnel. You can easily go from 51-53 here. Once you ding 54, xp will start to taper off majorly.

Lvl 54 = **Western Altepa Desert** the Oasis at E-8. This area is crawling with Goblins Bouncers, Hunters and Enchanters. At lvl 54 they will con EM to T's. Experience is nice on these, just try not to link them. The good thing about the area is it's roomy---allows you to find a nice cozy camp away from all the other mobs. Liches and other nighttime mobs do pop nearby... so try to stay clear, esp. if ur low on health. Once you ding 55, you can either stay here... or... move to

Lvl 55 - 56 = **Garliege Citadel (lower chambers)** from the map you are on when u zone into G. Citadel, drop through the floor where the Chamber Beetles and Funnel Bats are. At lvl 55 the Chamber Beetles will con Tough; but with a little luck and some decent gear you should be ok to pull them in between a few bats... however, bats should be your primary target ftm. After you ding 56, Chamber beetles will be your fodder... they should now con EM and be somewhat mallable.

...this is where I am right now... updated my gear as well.... and recently got the Boxer's Mantle WOOT!!!! can't wait til 70.... Good luck my fellow Puppetmasters.

***More updates from me coming as I continue to solo
    Puppetmaster***

Feel free to post your own leveling solo areas as u like... I found a lack of soloing experiences; unless I missed something. See yaz!
    Last edited by xiozen; 07-14-2007, 10:19 PM. Reason: Updating 7/15/07
    Lv 75 BLM, 75 SMN, 75 DRK, 75BRD, 75PUP, 70WHM, 70SCH
    Primary jobs **Animator +1**
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Lv 53 PLD, 37 WAR, 37 MNK, 37 THF, 34 RNG, 37 NIN, 24 BST, 37 SAM, 20 BLU, 5 COR, 4 DRG, 37 DNC, <-Secondary jobs
    LVL 66 CLOTHCRAFT, LVL 55 GOLDSMITHING

Re: I'll update as go along...just feel like sharing this...

Great post. My pup is at 46 (1k from 47), and I generally solo while waiting for party invites or skilling up, but I generally like to party more than solo.

One critique I'd say about your gear is that you'd probably be better served with a emp hairpin + some body, I use Taru RSE so I'm lucky, but I'm sure theres other suitable wear..merc captains doublet for example.
    Last edited by bar; 06-11-2007, 08:01 AM. Reason: typo
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Barbar

Jobs: 75brd/37whm/37blm/46pup
    Crafts: Cooking 60/Bonecrafting 34

"...you spooony Bard!"
    "The lolPUP just outparsed me...he must be hacking.."

Comment

Could I use this information on my guide topic for solo? Also please read my topic and post this solo info in a more orderly fashion with maybe more detail if possible. Much appreciated.
      Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

Utusemi,
        I believe the new wind part (name escapes me) is actually blink and not utsusemi, at least according to ffwiki.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
          I believe the new wind part (name escapes me) is actually blink and not utsusemi, at least according to ffwiki.
          Says blink but acts exactly like utsusemi. It will block all attacks until shadows gone.

Name is Replicator.

Comment

Originally posted by Guren View Post
            Says blink but acts exactly like utsusemi. It will block all attacks until shadows gone.

Name is Replicator.
            Blink and utsusemi is different. Utsusemi is guaranteed to negate the damage until the shadows are gone while Blink guarantees a chance to negate the damage until the shadows are gone.
            "The man who has no imagination has no wings." -Muhammad Ali
            Jobs: Drk 60 | War 37 | Thf 33 | Mnk 30 | Rng 16 | Nin 20 | Whm 18 | Blm 17 | Smn 20 | Sam 37 | Brd 7 | Drg 10 | Pld 11 | Rdm 17 | Pup 35 |

Comment

Originally posted by simonjm2 View Post
              Blink and utsusemi is different. Utsusemi is guaranteed to negate the damage until the shadows are gone while Blink guarantees a chance to negate the damage until the shadows are gone.
              Your point? I said when it is used it SAYS it gets the effect of blink. But, IN REALITY it gets utsusemi. It always blocks the first hits. Minor glitch in the wording of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Guren View Post
                Your point? I said when it is used it SAYS it gets the effect of blink. But, IN REALITY it gets utsusemi. It always blocks the first hits. Minor glitch in the wording of the game.
                Well in my experience, the automaton is still able to get hit even with the shadows up. I've seen him blink an attack, then take damage, and then get hit. So in my experience it acts more like the spell Blink than Utsusemi.
                "The man who has no imagination has no wings." -Muhammad Ali
                Jobs: Drk 60 | War 37 | Thf 33 | Mnk 30 | Rng 16 | Nin 20 | Whm 18 | Blm 17 | Smn 20 | Sam 37 | Brd 7 | Drg 10 | Pld 11 | Rdm 17 | Pup 35 |

Comment

Originally posted by simonjm2 View Post
                  Well in my experience, the automaton is still able to get hit even with the shadows up. I've seen him blink an attack, then take damage, and then get hit. So in my experience it acts more like the spell Blink than Utsusemi.
                  Are you sure lol? Go test it again. I am 100% sure it acts as a Utsusemi. I always, ALWAYS, absorb all the damage with my shadows before getting hit. Never have I seen a shadow be absorbed then hit and then another shadow absorbed. I am a solo puppetmaster and I would have noticed.

Comment

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need 58+ camp locations please lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X