Why you love Puppetmaster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you love Puppetmaster!

Puppetmaster as we all know is still not exepted by many players in an exp party. In recent events it was stated by SquareEnix that they intended Puppetmaster to be a "solo" job as like Beastmaster. Despite this, a lot of people will not solo as a Puppetmaster and continue to wait countless hours for a party and usually end up not one. In some rare cases a PUP will infact recieve a party and the time they actually get the party they have to go within 1 hour and makes it so you did not get much exp at all.

With this being said, this topic is to help motivate players to solo a lot more on Puppetmaster and make "NEW" and effective ways to solo as a Puppetmaster to be the best Puppeteer everyone can be. If you are already 75 then you could test the strength of a Puppetmaster by defeating/tanking/killing things that are said to only be soloed by a BST.

Some things that can help with this:

1. Kill NMs said to only be soloable by a Beastmaster.

2. Find new ways to easily solo from 1-75. (A lot of trouble unless using Valoredge pre-50 or the Mage Body Frame and Melee Head Frame combo 50+)

3. With what I said in number 2, find effective ways to solo EM-VTs with the ranger automaton.

4. Set up a Full And Complete list of where to solo at what levels. Make it so we have a full solo guide with how to solo with each automaton active and where to use them. A full guide as the Beastmaster has.

5. With all of this being said, a effective way to keep all automatons "Capped" as a fully solo/duo/(Maybe trio) Puppeteer. A lot of people struggle keeping all capped seeing it is harder to solo with some automatons than others.

Once we compile a list of all the objects stated above I will conduct a guide for ffxionline to use as hopefully a sticky for everyone to use.

Thanks for the read, please submit as much as you can and thanks to the people that help.

--Guren
    Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Re: Why you love Puppetmaster!

Any submissions of guides and facts are most helpful.
    Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

Allakhazam's The Puppetmaster Compilation is well organized.

FFXIClopedia's Puppetmaster page is a nice "at a glance" info page.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I know that SE said that PUP is a solo job, but I really don't like being type cast this way. I know I'm a vaulable DD to a party if geared right. Not to be rude, but honestly, if I wanted to play with myself I wouldn't be playing a MMORPG. I just think SE did ALL pups a disfavour by claiming it was a solo job.

I know people complain about party invites, its really a product of the FFXI and MMOs in general. Never enough tanks, support, and healers, always too many DDs. I think a few things PUP can do to get rid of the stigma that seems to surround us:

1) Work to get the best gear. I know theres not much to choose from, but the better we are geared the more we can compare to other DDs.

2) Explain to people that the Puppet does more damage than you so don't try to gauge your overall damage just based on you.

3) Make your own parties. People seem to think you can only wait around for invites. Be proactive, create your own parties, that way people get to see PUP more often.
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Barbar

Jobs: 75brd/37whm/37blm/46pup
        Crafts: Cooking 60/Bonecrafting 34

"...you spooony Bard!"
        "The lolPUP just outparsed me...he must be hacking.."

Comment

Working...
        X