Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup Gear

Heya all you string pullers.

Lets talk gear...we don't get great stuff eh? I'm sort of lucky to be Tarutaru that I can use my wonder set at 30.

Now that I'm in the jungle I'm really starting to notice the lack of skill in H2H...for noteable gear I'm wearing courage ringsx2, battle gloves, and the Federation Baghkahs.

I'm trying to camp for a Emp Hairpin currently.

I was hoping people could share some of the gear they've used/plan to use as they are leveling or endgame.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Barbar

Jobs: 75brd/37whm/37blm/46pup
    Crafts: Cooking 60/Bonecrafting 34

"...you spooony Bard!"
    "The lolPUP just outparsed me...he must be hacking.."

Re: Pup Gear

I'm not experienced, but I do have a bit of know-how.

What kind of food are you eating, and what do you feel is lacking? Check this guide to see what's best for you: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php

Other then that, I'm not really sure what you can do. Seems you have about as much +str +acc you can get at that level, save something very expensive like a peacock charm. Might want to look for leaping boots too (or whatever the Leaping Lizzy drop is called now).

Comment

The best i can do is look back on what i used and what i wish i would have had at the time.

About level 30 if you have good RSE for the job you can use that as there isn't much else. Main thing you want to make sure of is that you have venerer ring, Jaeger ring, or sniper/woodsman rings as soon as possible. You shouldn't be able to notice any lack of hand to hand skill until level 55+. Before level 60, the gap in skill from mnk to pup isn't very large and you should be able to deal huge damage up level 70 just by having decent equips for yourself and the right frame/attachment combo for your puppet. (if you have a voyager sallet use that.

Not much else until AF level, but after that at about level 65 you can actually get the new tabin gear that was added last update. I use tabin+1 feet even at 75 (3acc 3eva). Remember to get the life belt when you can wear it, then chivalrous chain and maybe potent beelt at 60. At 70 you can grab an O-hat and hades sainti if you can afford them (wahg bagnahks work as well).

Comment

http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=130969 There is a good PUP guide with gear, check 201 as well. I am not a killing ifrit person but they do have lots of nice equip guides from 1-75. You may not want to follow it strictly based on race and your wallet. I do have to agree with Nataka though on food selection. Acc and att/str is your main goal dude to low hand-to-hand skill.

Comment

Working...
        X