Puppetmastes unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppetmastes unite!

The puppetmaster part of this forum is dying! Not many people posting in it anymore.

This topic is to all puppeteers!

Please list what you are currently doing and what you have currently accomplished as a puppetmaster.

Also post any idea of future puppetmaster updates. Basicly anything puppetmaster here. Get these forums rolling!

Puppetmaster
    Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Re: Puppetmastes unite!

That's a funky PUP outfit you got there.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

COR forum isn't doing much better.

Maybe I need to bathe.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        COR forum isn't doing much better.
        Maybe I need to bathe.
        ya I didnt wanna say anything in the ranger forum but you really do >.>
        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Currently just hit 30 yesterday, waiting 30 mins (for JP midnight) to get my final frame, which will be the Valoredge one. ^ ^ Also got Emp hairpin today for PUP.(From NM, I didn't buy it.) I'm having problems in PT's though. :\ As much as people say PUP suck, my automaton Toraoh is doing more damage then anyone and ends up dying more then I'd like. I don't want to change the frame too much that I go back to being an under-rated PUP, but he's just TOO strong. I'm using the Sharpshot frame, but usually use him close up to melee for TP. He hits for about 15-17 per hit, 30-50 for ranged attacks and about 95 for WS's. D: Not even the MNK at 30 are hitting for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyren View Post
            Not even the MNK at 30 are hitting for that.
            MNK at Lv.30 isn't all that impressive. At that level, you want to compare to good DRG, RNG, WAR, SAM, and BST if you want to see where you land in the DD rankings. Add THF to that, too, especially at Lv.33 when it gets Viper Bite.

Well played PUP is top tier DD, I have to say, from the (very) few times I had them in party.
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

My PUP is level 4 or so. I stopped playing because I was annoyed that Automation hits harder than me, gets hate, and die so quick, which left me alone for 20mins recast time :p

Anyways, I go to Beadeaux sometimes to level my fellow and farm Flood scroll. There, I saw PUP75 who had search comment saying hunting for key. I WAS AMAZED!!! He was killing Quadavs like nothing even when he had link. If I had link as BST75, I would have a little hard time. But for him, it was nothing. I hard PUP pet has infinite MP too as long as they can keep the HP at full. They can just leave and call again for full MP. I was so interested in PUP after I've seen him. But I don't want to go through the trouble of leveling it to 75 :p

Comment

Well, even though you may think it is a struggle going to 75 on pup it isn't. They get good amount of party invites and also can solo EM-T very easily ^^

Comment

is it mostly because of the attachments they have? cause I dont seem to be having gils to get the really good ones currently XD

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Attaches do help but, even with all the ones you can buy from the NPC you can be a decently good pup.

Comment

I'm at 73BRD right now gonna ding it to 75 soonish...then gonna go back to my 23PUP. Hopefully by then I can snag a Emp Hairpin, I wanna level up my PUP pimped up. I'm lucky in that I'm Taru and I get the Wonder set to wear in the 30s and gonna mix it with the Merc. captains set.

Haha seems I've started to ramble...ummm I love puppetmaster...my favourite job in the game, I love the expression on people when my pup and me outdamage them in parties.
                      I'm sure this feeling wont last forever, but I am enjoying is while it lasts.

Too bad the PUP 2hr wasn't something like all your puppets spawn and attack for like 2 minutes...you call it 'Puppet Show'.
                      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Barbar

Jobs: 75brd/37whm/37blm/46pup
                      Crafts: Cooking 60/Bonecrafting 34

"...you spooony Bard!"
                      "The lolPUP just outparsed me...he must be hacking.."

Comment

*pushed the forum over a hill* *watchs it roll* look i got these forums rolling!!

Comment

lol. I've started lvling pup in my sparetime (When I get burned out on attempting to lvl BLM any higher) and I'm really enjoying it. I just dinged 10 the other day and am going to be getting Sharpshot first.

First I have to be able to afford all the upgrade items....60k for Karakl (sp) cloth? {No thanks} T_T.

Looks like I really have to get BLM to 75 first to be able to fund my adventure's with pup.

ZM: Complete, CoP: Complete, ToAU: Complete
                          BLM75/WHM37/RDM37 | COR 49
                          kaelofgaruda.blogspot.com

Comment

:D Dinged 40 Last week and just got my Turbo Animator... I hope things get better, I wanna do tons of dmg soon!!! >(

Comment

Mine is 10 I have sharpshot frame to raise its ranged skill. Doubt I will level it much higher unless I decide farm for the exact attachments I want. Otherwise I will feel bad when leveling.

Comment

Working...
                              X