Throwing?...Can PUPs even use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing?...Can PUPs even use it?

Well, according to wiki PUPs have a C+ in throwing, second best to NIN and better then their H2H skill. Can they even use any throwing weapons? Much less equip them with their Animator? O.o Does it by chance affect anything? Did SE just put it there to mess with people? Or is SE planning to add some throwing weapons for PUP?

Re: Throwing?...Can PUPs even use it?

everyone can throw the rangs from isp points but unless it effected the animater and ur abilities skilled up thrwoing im seeing it as a joke =/
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Re: Throwing?...Can PUPs even use it?

This is one of the many broken things about Pup. Other than animators and Automaton Oils, Beastmen bane return weapons (which do next to no damage) and the Aureole (which is a drop from Absolute Virtue) are the only Ranged weapons available for Pup. Tathlums, Tiphia Sting, and other items that are not designed to be thrown are the only easily attainable Ammo weapons outside of Beastmen bane return weapons. So, the Throwing skill is really useless.

I wish they'd up the H2H skill so Pup can get Asuran at 75 and lower the Throwing skill. Or, give Automatons A rank skill with their respective frames (currently they cap at 240, a B- rating, without merits). Icemage suggested that SE should implement Pup-only Throwing weapon skills or giving Pup A rank in staff skill (since no jobs have that).

I have this listed at:
      http://www.koolaid-ffxi.org/linkshel...ppetmaster+job

Some of my issues have been address with the addition of Salvage. I should update it.

Title: Sergeant Major
      SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
      Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
      Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
      Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Working...
      X